• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Deactivated because...

afg209

LOL so long story short, after dropping off a pax, i was heading home on a dark countryside road when all of a sudden a raccoon jumps in the middle of the street and gets knocked out by my passanger side part of my front bumper. I got home and checked out the damage and found that my right fog light came off it's mount in addition to a nice size crack split on the right side of the front bumper. I ended up ordering a new front bumper, about after a week I received it and installed it the next day. Than I log in to my Uber app and low and behold, i read a statement basically saying my account is on hold while they review my background report. After about a week I receive a email from checkr stating that Uber has decided to decline my proposal (LOL WTF) and basically told being fired. The reason stated is because of a single DUI from back in 02/28/2008. Okay fine whatever but what's weird is that they already conducted a background check on 03/22/2017 and the report is the same as its been for between now and way back before that date. Another thing I found odd is that while on checkr website requesting a copy of my report, it said that no report was able to be found under my email. I've done this before and was always able to quickly receive a pdf link with a copy of the report. I contacted checkr support and they sent me a copy of the one from 03/22/2017. They also confirmed that this was the most recent report they have on file.

So yeah that was pretty much the icing on the cake if having to replace my front bumper on a new car wasn't enough lol. Oh and than when I asked them to delete my account they had the nerve to ask me if I wanted only the driver account deleted or both driver and rider lmao. Like I'm gonna spend my money on the same company that deactivated me with a big smile on my face. Oh and its really their loss because where I live, there's hardly any drivers to begin with. I know this because the pax used to be so grateful whenever I picked them up and tell me that they sometimes would wait hours for a driver to show as available.

Greenie

If it’s supposed to fall off after 7 years then why did it show up in the report? It’s been almost 10 years since the DUI.

Blue Poodle

That was a long story short?

At least show us the photos of the racoon. Was he knocked out or was he dead?

Little known fact, racoons don't jump.

Don't Google search the validity of that statement.

DUI - 10 years

nash801

Try to apply for unemployment benefits. There are 2 unemployment benefits cases already won in California Labor court against uber.
What about applying for disability benefits for body damage from driving for Uber?

afg209

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol you guys are funny but tell me why i recently signed up over again. After the background check was complete they activated my account only for UberEats. I guess they think its okay to drive food around because if I drink and drive I'll end up killing myself. I wish they would consider the fact that I haven't drank for over 5 years now, I haven't had a violation ticket for 7 years and all the passengers comment on how great of a driver I am. Never had a incident. All facts.

Bad Breath

lol you guys are funny but tell me why i recently signed up over again. After the background check was complete they activated my account only for UberEats. I guess they think its okay to drive food around because if I drink and drive I'll end up killing myself. I wish they would consider the fact that I haven't drank for over 5 years now, I haven't had a violation ticket for 7 years and all the passengers comment on how great of a driver I am. Never had a incident. All facts.
You’re going to need a supporting letter from the raccoon.