• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Deactivatation notice received today

painfreepc

Don't understand whats going on with uber rating, i have done 2468 rides my rating use to stay at around 4.88 to 4.91
as of 2 months a go, now stays at around 4.78 to 4.81, i asked uber to send me a few of my bad user reviews uber only sent me the good,

I pray at some point the feds will set some new rules about IC.

alln

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't understand whats going on with uber rating, i have done 2468 rides my rating use to stay at around 4.88 to 4.91
as of 2 months a go, now stays at around 4.78 to 4.81, i asked uber to send me a few of my bad user reviews uber only sent me the good,

I pray at some point the feds will set some new rules about IC.
I am just trying to pay my student loans, car is clean and i do communicate with pax, and know the area well, I really don't know what I did wrong to get low rating

HR_tdi

I don't think there is anything you can do to really improve your rating. I've been around 4.85-4.89 for about two months...went down to 4.78 one week, but it came back up over the next two weeks. I did nothing different, but I did have a larger proportion of 2.0x+ trips and some 3.9x which is where we max out in Hampton Roads.

Only thing I do special is have mints and a charging cable. I've never opened a door for a pax, nor will I.

Another Uber Driver

Sorry to hear that.

I figured out very quickly with UberX to avoid the nightlife areas at night. As I know the neighbourhoods in D.C. and Arlington, I could work there and receive plenty of pings. I found fewer drunks coming out of houses and apartments.

I always have done this in the taxi, as I do not like sitting out there waiting for someone to decide that he is good and ready to come out of a gin mill. It is at the clubs and gin mills that you find most of the ralphers, anyhow. You are major bait for Police harassment if you block traffic on a strip as you wait for some drunk to come out of the club. Rarely does anyone bother me if I sit on a residential street and wait for a passenger to come out of a house or apartment. I let the others head for the strips; it leaves the neighbourhoods for me. Plenty of people in the neighbourhoods want a ride at night.

Anyhow, break a leg with Lyft. Keep us posted on it.

Clifford Chong

Ironically for me, I've reached a 4.6 rating on Lyft and got fed up with the whole app before switching to Uber.

I'm currently at 4.76 after 500+ rides and on average, I made more than when I was working for Lyft.

alln

After close to 750 rides I got deactivatation notice today due to ratings below 4.6
This is the result of driving at night
Soon good bye Uber and I will start driving for Lyft
Lyft don't have auto deactivatation message, they deactivate on case by case basis,
In Uber everything is automatic including CSR replies to your concerns

UberxD

After close to 750 rides I got deactivatation notice today due to ratings below 4.6
This is the result of driving at night
Soon good bye Uber and I will start driving for Lyft
So is it like a warning that your rating is low and at risk of deactivation or are you deactivated?

KMANDERSON

Ironically for me, I've reached a 4.6 rating on Lyft and got fed up with the whole app before switching to Uber.

I'm currently at 4.76 after 500+ rides and on average, I made more than when I was working for Lyft.
I think it easier to get good rating on lyft compared to uber.Uber riders are harder to deal with

Dave1224

Just wondering what other drivers are thinking about PAX ratings. We can't really control how they rate us but we can control how we rate them. Why do you drive for Uber? Most of us drive for the added money. I put the math up in a couple of places in the past few days...I actually make about $5/Hr not including insurance that I would have to pay anyway. We can't make a living without tips. Uber does everything it can to discourage tipping. Uber uses us as it's income engines but fails to take care of us. We need to take care of ourselves. How? By encouragine tipping and rating customers based on tipping. We can encourage tipping by posting a small note on each door where the PAX will see it. Mine is about 3" by 2" and it says:

You are not required to tip the Uber driver
The only way to tip your UberX driver is with cash
Tips are NOT automatically added to your bill
UberX does NOT have a tipping option in the app
Tips are an important part of the driver's income
Without tips, drivers averages about $5/hr
So, while tips are always voluntary, you can reward
good service.

Rating PAX based on tipping
It really doesn't matter to me if a passanger never says a word and listens to music on his/her phone or if they take a great interest in my life. I provide safe and pleasant trasport to get them to where they need to go. I always try to provide an excellent service. I do expect to receive a tip for good service the same way any other service professional does. So why would any driver give a passanger a 5* when they do not tip? How do we know what to expect when we see a 5* next to a fare when we receive the alert? It really urks me to get the 5* passanger, provide great service and receive no tip. I always ask myself, How on earth did that person get a 5* rating? You are providing a disservice to your fellow drivers to give 5* to a not tipper. If we all got on the same page and decided to rate them based on how it actually impacts us, I would be seeing a 4* or lower and I would be less likely to pick him up. We all have the no brainers, a fare that is very close to us (less than 5 min) but we all have a decision to make when the fare is further away (10 min or more). The rating should help us decide if it is worth our time and gas to pick up that fare. Feel free to reduce the rating further for fares that make you wait a long time for them, pin to a nonexistant location, leave trash in the car or any other misdeeds, but please also knock down their ratings for failure to tip. For me, the rating is as follows:

Any passanger that does not tip does not get 5* rating.
Short trips without tips = 4*
Longer trips or trips where assistance with bags in provided such as airport runs, the PAX will not get more than 3* if no tip is offered.

If more of you would rate in a manner that makes sense, soon our passengers will get the message that it is much harder to get rides because of low ratings and as nice as they may be, they can't get the higher ratings without tipping. If they ask you about how you will rate them or specifically request 5*, please let them know that your rating system takes into account how pleasant they are but it is not the only factor in your decision.

YouWishYouKnewMe

Lyft is just as bad try cancelling a few rides with lyft and its an automatic cancellation, at least Uber computers are somewhat forgiving if you make it up by the end of the week
Lyft deactivated me and I was a mentor for 70% acceptance when their stupid app doesn't log you off automatically after a missed ping
App goes on by itself sometimes causing you to miss requests over and over
@@@@ lyft and @@@@ Uber they both just want minions who'll stfu and drive

KMANDERSON

it just seems the riders are easier to deal with on lyft.I would not have either one of these as a full time job.

alln

So is it like a warning that your rating is low and at risk of deactivation or are you deactivated?
They gave me 50 more to improve, but these messages so demoralizing, I really don't feel like to drive anymore.
Normally employers encourage their employees, here always you are getting discouraging message, after all driving isn't that easy job, lots of stress while you are driving with strangers

alln

Just wondering what other drivers are thinking about PAX ratings. We can't really control how they rate us but we can control how we rate them. Why do you drive for Uber? Most of us drive for the added money. I put the math up in a couple of places in the past few days...I actually make about $5/Hr not including insurance that I would have to pay anyway. We can't make a living without tips. Uber does everything it can to discourage tipping. Uber uses us as it's income engines but fails to take care of us. We need to take care of ourselves. How? By encouragine tipping and rating customers based on tipping. We can encourage tipping by posting a small note on each door where the PAX will see it. Mine is about 3" by 2" and it says:

You are not required to tip the Uber driver
The only way to tip your UberX driver is with cash
Tips are NOT automatically added to your bill
UberX does NOT have a tipping option in the app
Tips are an important part of the driver's income
Without tips, drivers averages about $5/hr
So, while tips are always voluntary, you can reward
good service.

Rating PAX based on tipping
It really doesn't matter to me if a passanger never says a word and listens to music on his/her phone or if they take a great interest in my life. I provide safe and pleasant trasport to get them to where they need to go. I always try to provide an excellent service. I do expect to receive a tip for good service the same way any other service professional does. So why would any driver give a passanger a 5* when they do not tip? How do we know what to expect when we see a 5* next to a fare when we receive the alert? It really urks me to get the 5* passanger, provide great service and receive no tip. I always ask myself, How on earth did that person get a 5* rating? You are providing a disservice to your fellow drivers to give 5* to a not tipper. If we all got on the same page and decided to rate them based on how it actually impacts us, I would be seeing a 4* or lower and I would be less likely to pick him up. We all have the no brainers, a fare that is very close to us (less than 5 min) but we all have a decision to make when the fare is further away (10 min or more). The rating should help us decide if it is worth our time and gas to pick up that fare. Feel free to reduce the rating further for fares that make you wait a long time for them, pin to a nonexistant location, leave trash in the car or any other misdeeds, but please also knock down their ratings for failure to tip. For me, the rating is as follows:

Any passanger that does not tip does not get 5* rating.
Short trips without tips = 4*
Longer trips or trips where assistance with bags in provided such as airport runs, the PAX will not get more than 3* if no tip is offered.

If more of you would rate in a manner that makes sense, soon our passengers will get the message that it is much harder to get rides because of low ratings and as nice as they may be, they can't get the higher ratings without tipping. If they ask you about how you will rate them or specifically request 5*, please let them know that your rating system takes into account how pleasant they are but it is not the only factor in your decision.
Anybody don't tip in Uber x just simply give them low rating, uber x rate ridiculously low

KMANDERSON

They gave me 50 more to improve, but these messages so demoralizing, I really don't feel like to drive anymore.
Normally employers encourage their employees, here always you are getting discouraging message, after all driving isn't that easy job, lots of stress while you are driving with strangers
there not your employer and you are not there employee.Drive to make you money be smart when driving don't be out there during not peak hours.Do you do this full time if you do find a full time job and do this on the side.cause if you do this to pay you bills then this can be a bad thing,but if you do for extra money you want care so much about the ratings

KMANDERSON

I will, if they deactivated after 50, but now so difficult for me to push myself to drive for Uber anymore
Just try your best with the rating sign up with lyft if you only drive for uber my lyft rating are alot better than my uber ratings.Lyft passanger are better to deal with to