De-Activated for Item Left in my Auto

John Thomas

Despite following all professional protocol (notifying Uber immediately of the left item, trying to reach the passenger for more than a day, and driving for an hour to return the item and returning the item) I was de-activated for not returning the item! (I have over 3,000 drives since I started in January, with a 4.9 rating).

My account stated that the Issue had been "Resolved", yet I was de-activated for "not getting back" to an Uber support person (even though I was in contact with Uber).

Now, of course, I cannot reach anyone at Uber to be re-activated.

Chisox1125

Despite following all professional protocol (notifying Uber immediately of the left item, trying to reach the passenger for more than a day, and driving for an hour to return the item and returning the item) I was de-activated for not returning the item! (I have over 3,000 drives since I started in January, with a 4.9 rating).

My account stated that the Issue had been "Resolved", yet I was de-activated for "not getting back" to an Uber support person (even though I was in contact with Uber).

Now, of course, I cannot reach anyone at Uber to be re-activated.
Bout as messed up as it gets. Did you email them as well informing them that the item has been returned. I'm sure they'll get back to you and it's probably not gonna be an over night fix, best case scenario get in touch with the passenger and have them explain and make you look good as possible for brownie points for Uber.

Jollyrodger

Man, and Uber wonders WHY so many drivers dump them within a year?! I really doubt this company will last much longer when they pull crap like that. I already secured a new job starting on Monday. Now its time to find something else on the weekends. I'll only drive for Uber for gas money or extra pocket change after I find that second job.

John Thomas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chisox and Jolly - after several emails and texts explaining all of the above over the last 12 hours, I have been reactivated.

Jollyrodger

Problem is u never should have been deactivated in the first place. U did the right thing and got hammered for it.

DAG

I was not deactivated; BUT, I was Blessed out (tbat means cussed out) by an irate rider who left an item in my car and INSISTED, I drive 30 miles, one way, to rdurn it. I finally convinced her to meet me half way. She was extremely rude i reported such to UBER!

Chisox1125

I was not deactivated; BUT, I was Blessed out (tbat means cussed out) by an irate rider who left an item in my car and INSISTED, I drive 30 miles, one way, to rdurn it. I finally convinced her to meet me half way. She was extremely rude i reported such to UBER!
Fed ex is your friend. Insured, documented and saves you the hassle.

John Thomas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chisox - after an initial email asking if I found something, 4 hours later received the following:

"I'm following up with my previous email. Kindly contact your rider directly at +1 813-xxxx.

Please let us know if you've found this item in your vehicle. If we don't hear from you by tomorrow, we may have to temporarily deactivate your account while this lost item is pending, which we would really rather not do!

Please get back to us as soon as possible."

I had already contacted Uber, and responded to this by stating that I had contacted Uber and would follow up and that the threat to deactivate was unnecessary and inappropriate. I then received the contact info from someone at Uber and returned the item, with an official "resolved" for the issue. Then I was deactivated - for about 12 hours - with hourly demands to be reactivated.

nutzareus

Anything other than keys, phone, or wallet, trash can immediately. Not worth anything to return. If they get pissy and are far away drop at police station. As LAuberX said no good deed goes unpunished.

really not

Should have just done the thirty and smile.

wk1102

Your halfway should have been a mile from your house.