DD driver sitting at Walmart

MissAnne

So I have free delivery from Walmart so I’m taking full advantage of it, I get a text at 6 PM that says your driver is on her way, she is 4 minutes away, she’s been sitting at Walmart for 15 F’n minutes, racking up the minute charges.

Goodbye $5 tip and 5*...

she hit “Start Delivery “ when she got there, not when she actually started the delivery... that is so WRONG

AD2B6D09-27AD-4877-88D6-DFC5596DF5D1.jpeg

MissAnne

We’ll see.... says she is finally on her way. But she still should not have started the delivery until my groceries were in her car. She is milking it for every penny she can get.

kingcorey321

Ok you can sit at walmart for 5 years . No you will NOT get paid extra for wasted time .
Yes if the diner gives the incorrect address Yes you get the added difference .
My source for this information is from me. About 1900 deliveries .
Never do a walmart dd order unless its 20 dollars .

MissAnne

I was going to give her a $5 cash tip, she did finally show up about 7:15, my groceries were supposed to be delivered before 7pm.... she didn’t speak very good English but from what I could tell, Walmart is to blame for the delay.

I did give her $2 as she helped carry the heavy stuff into my house. I still can’t lift heavy things with the hand I broke over the summer.
Post automatically merged:

Ok you can sit at walmart for 5 years . No you will NOT get paid extra for wasted time .
Yes if the diner gives the incorrect address Yes you get the added difference .
My source for this information is from me. About 1900 deliveries .
Never do a walmart dd order unless its 20 dollars .
I do DoorDash, and I won’t do a Walmart pick up unless it’s at least $15

Capitalism

So I have free delivery from Walmart so I’m taking full advantage of it, I get a text at 6 PM that says your driver is on her way, she is 4 minutes away, she’s been sitting at Walmart for 15 F’n minutes, racking up the minute charges.

Goodbye $5 tip and 5*...

she hit “Start Delivery “ when she got there, not when she actually started the delivery... that is so WRONG

View attachment 515779
Take those 2$ and stick to your a..s
U got free delivery and u complained
I hope u brake your other hand ✋ to
Unreall I hope u get some Salse Mirande pretty soon

Bob Reynolds

This is a lose lose deal for Wal-Mart, Door Dash and the delivery driver.

When they start charging the real costs for this type of service, then @@@@@@@@ won't order (because they can't afford it) and these $2 tips will be a distant memory.

Although volume will be reduced, what will be left with be the customers that understand the value of this service and will be willing to pay for it. And that will be a good thing.

Back it up Uber

I was going to give her a $5 cash tip, she did finally show up about 7:15, my groceries were supposed to be delivered before 7pm.... she didn’t speak very good English but from what I could tell, Walmart is to blame for the delay.

I did give her $2 as she helped carry the heavy stuff into my house. I still can’t lift heavy things with the hand I broke over the summer.

Wait, you are a driver also? The driver had to waste 45 mins waiting for groceries, you made her carrying them all into your house and you turned around and gave a horrible $2 tip?

I better never see you on here complaining about a customer ever since you are the exact type of customer everybody hates on here.

gomo

I delivered it to Walmart again. Waited 40 minutes at Wal-Mart. I contacted online DD support. The support gave me an additional 5 dollars in compensation. Everyone can try

OLDSCHOOLPARAD

she’s been sitting at Walmart for 15 F’n minutes, racking up the minute charges.

I don’t understand this. So, Walmart charges you for every minute a driver waits? Yet, the driver gets a set amount?

So, does that mean Walmart takes their sweet time loading the car so they can charge the customer more or what?

nosurgenodrive

Just so you know, sitting in a parking lot waiting for your car to be filled with a thankless person's metamucil and depends is time working. They don't make extra money waiting in that parking lot and waiting for your stupid order is a pain and wasted time when we could be making money from gracious, generous customers.

Nobody likes walmart orders. Nobody likes you. Occasionally a new driver is tricked into taking Walmart orders, but eventually we all learn that people like you are behind those orders and every time we get an offer we simply say, "Fick off."

ColonyMark

Not sure who she was driving for. Doordash drivers don’t make any extra money for sitting around waiting. We lose money when we wait. I did some Walmart deliveries when I first started but most of their cheap A$$ customers don’t tip at all.
Most experienced DD drivers won’t accept those requests because we know we’ll be waiting at least 20 minutes when we could be making $ doing food deliveries.