Dca tnc overflow lot

spdtalentthrill9

So i found out today there is an overflow lot i thought well why not wait there (its faster in and out) but i couldnt get the queue i message support and they reply with dulles rules. On top of that i got the overflow lot location from ubers site. Guess i need to go to forrestville.....

t5contra

That's exactly what I was afraid of. I sort of suspected that we would fall out of que if we went to the overflow lot, I am sure uber will fix this in the next upcoming app update

New2This

So i found out today there is an overflow lot i thought well why not wait there (its faster in and out) but i couldnt get the queue i message support and they reply with dulles rules. On top of that i got the overflow lot location from ubers site. Guess i need to go to forrestville.....
Shocker that Apu sent you a cut and paste response TOTALLY unrelated to what you wrote in about.

A few weeks ago I wrote in to ask them to stop sending me the texts that say 'HEAD TO DCA/HEAD TO IAD' because the only times I got them was when I already had a passenger. Plus they're full of shit because the text and the queue are VASTLY different.

First response was generic cut and paste response from Rohit telling me airport pickup rules. I wrote back reiterating what I wanted.

Second response was generic cut and paste response from Sangeeta to update the app. I wrote back again & escalated to a supervisor.

Third time was the charm. Maria said they can't unsubscribe from just the airport texts.

nutzareus

I had a similar interaction with "support" earlier this week. Customer requested I use I-495 Express and charge her $3.00 toll displayed on the overhead signs between Mixing Bowl and US-29 Lee Highway because it's frequently backed up in that area and add it to her fare. I submit the toll adjustment after the ride immediately and CSR replied not too long afterwards "next time don't use the toll road"!!! Don't tell me how to drive, the customer specified this route. It was much quicker because she lived right off the US-29 exit at I-495 and looping around US-50 exit would've made her trip longer. Sometimes I want to reach through the screen and slap them in the face with wet fish....

nutzareus

.... in the end after THIRD email to tell them don't tell me how to do my job the toll reimbursement was added to my account.

New2This

Sorry for the length but you guys should appreciate this...

In the 'no good deed goes unpunished' mixed with 'UberSupport: The Chronicles of Rajinder' check this out;

Dropped woman at Dulles from Old Town; nice long ride at 1.8X bonus. Talking to her; she's going overseas to Italy. Nice woman. I drop her off, head to the Dulles soccer field and TNC lot. Get out, stretch my legs, look in and see her Iphone on the floor of the car. I know it's hers because she was first ride.of the day.

I go back to main terminal, park in the hourly lot ($6, remember that figure for later), go to the airline counter to see if she made it through. She did. I tell the ticket agent I have her phone & her first name. Agent needs last name. I use the ever handy 'rider left something in the car' button.on the app. I explain the situation, I have the passengers phone and need her last name to return it. I get a (relatively) quick generic response from Apu that they reached out to the passenger and she will be in touch with me soon. I'm also a valued partner. *forehead slap #1*

I wrote back that she can't get in touch with me because I HAVE HER PHONE. I reiterated everything. Few minutes later I get another email saying they reached out to the passenger, gave her my number and that she should be calling me soon. I'm also still a valued partner. I wrote back and again say she can't call me because I HAVE HER F'ING PHONE! I also included a pic of the phone, thinking that would help.

While waiting for the latest cut & paste, passenger had contacted the gate on the off chance I did the right thing. I couldn't go through security so I gave the gate agent the phone, paid for parking & left.

You might think all is well that ends well right? Remember the $6 for parking? Uber will surely reimburse me for that right? Read on...

I took a picture of the receipt and explained that I knew it was an extraordinary circumstance but given that the woman was going to Italy I made what I thought was the right call.

Rejection #1: Apu says Uber only pays for fares & can't reimburse me

Rejection #2: Apu says it was 'admirable' what I did but Uber policy doesn't reimburse for situations like mine.

Rejection #3: Apu said it was basically my fault because a part of professionalism is checking after each ride to see if rider left any items. Yes you read right: MY F'ING FAULT she left her phone.

I had the pax number from texting her a Lyft referral code. I told Uber
1. escalate to a supervisor
2. we're talking about $6 & it's the principle of it
3. I have her number. At the moment she has a GREAT impression of Uber. If I tell her how Uber is being over $6 for doing the right thing, her impression will be severely diminished.

Supervisor gets me the next day and says of course they'll take care of it, and actually read everything I had written & agreed.

No good deed goes unpunished...

several times when I drop off @ Term A, end trip and start to roll I notice I've automatically fallen in the Que while not being in official lot with America's unwashed. I head for Signature Aviation parking lot and wait 15 mins for terminal request ping. This auto que only works when i drop off @ Term A. never @ B nor C.

After having a couple of rude, nasty D.C. Policewomen at Reagan National shout at me and others that the regular TNC lot was full the other night, I was glad to see on Uber's website that they've set up an overflow lot. But my first look at the map was, like, 'Where the hell is that located'?

spdtalentthrill9

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its under the bridge from route 1 to the airport lot is usually empty thats why id rather go there and you dont have to loop around the airport to get to terminals which would save a bunch of time.