DCA shenanigans this AM-MWAA flushed the lot

PDT

around 11:30am. Wouldn’t let anyone in. I just so happened to be dropping someone off and I noticed that it was surging 2x and said only 2 cars in the lot so I circled back around and joined in the line to enter the lot. The copsmade eveyone leave and held up traffic to hasten egress. Then, my line started moving and I got a ping at 2x as I came around the bend-never entered the lot -which was blocked. Not sure what was up. Cops making surge.

LowIQCrazyMika

around 11:30am. Wouldn’t let anyone in. I just so happened to be dropping someone off and I noticed that it was surging 2x and said only 2 cars in the lot so I circled back around and joined in the line to enter the lot. The copsmade eveyone leave and held up traffic to hasten egress. Then, my line started moving and I got a ping at 2x as I came around the bend-never entered the lot -which was blocked. Not sure what was up. Cops making surge.

Cops at DCA have nothing better to do other than screw with Uber/Lyft drivers on a daily basis
It's almost like cops do this because they are bored as hell.

PoolBoy

Cops at DCA have nothing better to do other than screw with Uber/Lyft drivers on a daily basis
It's almost like cops do this because they are bored as hell.

Just like most cops everywhere. The cops, at DCA are bored as heck. It's got to be a terribly boring job just standing around all day long.

yankdog

Much discussed here actually. On slow nights when I am here and see the police do this the app goes off and back on at 1.5. Also the drivers who used to sleep here are extremely well organized if you talk to them and create surge as well, at night

New2This

Cops are in on the scam. LOL
Probably being paid off by a few enterprising folks.

I doubt it. Even a 2.0X surge trip to D.C. is $10-$15 max. I doubt the airport cops take pocket change as bribes. I could see it at the BWI Bazaar and giving them shawarma.

More likely when the ants line up trying to get into the lot and fornicate up traffic, they close the Pig Pen entrance and let the lot flush out

yankdog

I drew my 2nd 2.0 from DCA today both to DC under $20. Strange thing is the app showed 1.3 for 5 min. An even earlier ride was 1.9 on the app but I got paid for 1.4. Uber is insane