1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DCA MEGATHREAD!

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by Uberdoggy, Apr 3, 2018.

1. It hasn't surged there in about 2 weeks. But there's surge around the airport and even in the Potomac! I think Uber decided to stop surging the airport once they started that construction project. It makes no sense. Construction doesn't create surge- demand does. They are operating under the assumption that moee people will be ordering Ubers at the airport with construction, and they don't want pissed off passengers, so they'll abolish it until construction ends. If that's the case, I don't see the point of doing a pick up.

2. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis

My luck with DCA is usually short trips. Only time I usually ever do those trips is if I am dropping off and there is some kind of consecutive trip bonus going on.

3. THE MAN!

THE MAN!

Yeah, even Uber realized those trips weren't very profitable. So if your a DCA passenger wait for your cheap ride, or catch a cab! There are still tons of cabs at DCA.

Just part of Ubers convoluted system that will never work!

rohit_cs likes this.
  4. Even more of a reason to surge the airport. Charge more and make more money.

Here's uber's problem ans why they will never profit from rideshare- they drop deiver rates and use slave labor and our commission in the hopes that it will make them money. They don't feel that charging the customer more for demand will net them as big of a profit.

That's just stoopid tomfoolery.

rohit_cs, yankdog, 3.75 and 1 other person like this.
  5. nutzareus

nutzareus

Driving:
    UberX
    Hate to put on tinfoil hat but it’s very possible FUber is upfront pricing the passengers while not paying drivers surge rates for DCA pickups.

6. Nats121

Nats121

The way to find out is for drivers to check a few prices with the pax app when they're at the airport

7. zeeb000

zeeb000

I'm wondering if DCA itself is forcing Uber to agree not to surge in exchange for the restructuring of the pickup areas.

8. New2This

New2This

They're doing it at BWI and I saw as something on the L.A. Boards about surge geofencing at LAX.

20180404_080353.png

Uber's just a POS company.

9. Kawiz03

Kawiz03

Driving:
    UberX
    Hmm you think Screenshot_20180404-100918_Uber Driver.jpg

Jo3030 and rohit_cs like this.
  10. Bright way we can get surge ride in crystal city.

the surge within me likes this.
  11. HPClays

HPClays

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm NOT clearing Uber of culpability here, but often the airport Uber take is skewed because the app doesn't separate the $4 airport fee immediately. I do think we should bombard the airport association with claims of Uber short changing them their $4 extortion fee. Stress between them and uber would be entertaining.

New2This likes this.
  12. Highly unlikely unfortunately. I got pinged into DCA while I was in Old Town Alexandria last night. If you are within the area they are going to send you to DCA

13. zeeb000

zeeb000

Yeah, if you are within 10 minutes of the airport at night, most of your requests will be from the airport now, with no surge. You'll either have to take them, or be ok declining a lot of requests. It will be rare to be in crystal city and get a non-airport request until they make a change.

I've got pings from as far away as King St. in Old Town and on the mall in DC both within the last week. They are getting desperate for drivers to come pickup there. I'm sure the cabs are loving it as it is pushing a lot of riders to the cab line due to the wit for an uber.

I picked up someone earlier this week right as I dropped someone off (the only way I'll do airport pickups until they fix this), and he said he was about to go to the cab line because he had been trying to get an uber for 20 minutes.

14. So I called them yesterday ans busted up their game. I told them they are charging surge pricing but not letting the airport surge. And they are charging TOP surge pricing, taking at least 55% of the upfront fare. I tokd them either they're lying to us and cheatinf passengers, or there's a problem. After multiple holds, they told me there is a technical glitch and they're working to fix it. I told them good, because I'm only going thwre voluntarily when I see surge, and I hope other drivers do the same.

15. Technical glitch? Running out of Vaseline before being bent over a chair is a technical glitch? These damn liars.

I will never forget the driver meeting I went to with Uber and overheard two questions posed to the Regional area GM One was about fake surge outside of FedEx and he said it was essentially "technical glitch." But it happens nearly every time. And I also overheard a question about some areas reducing 6 destination filters to 2 and he said it wouldn't happen here. But less than 24 hours later they changed it back to 2.

These people are liars, cheats, thieves, and profoundly dishonest. And if their staff are in the dark about essential things then there is profound incompetence at some level if you take a more benign view of their behavior.

Technical glitch my ass

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    SurgeTastic, GreenSky, Jo3030 and 3 others like this.
  16. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Scams.

17. GreenSky

GreenSky

Driving:
    UberX
    It’s been for a while DCA never been surge instead surroundings surging. Last night I was at the 1.7x zone and got base rate request from DCA. Sorry if this topic has been discussed already.

Attached Files:

18. New2This

New2This

Wait what they're playing games with Surge at Reagan Airport? First I've heard of this

Screenshot_20180408-214536_Uber Driver.jpg Screenshot_20180408-214558_Uber Driver.jpg

Jo3030 and HPClays like this.
  19. HPClays

HPClays

Driving:
    UberX
    someone should do something about that...the citizens of crystal city are the ones getting boned

Rachel Holt must not live there

Jo3030 and New2This like this.
  20. New2This

New2This

Screenshot_20180408-215325_Uber Driver.jpg

Not to mention the bleedover into S.E. D.C. It's disproportionately affecting people of limited means.

I'm guessing Rachel lives in the upper N.W. Boost zone since that's always primed for no rational reason