LtDan

I'm a NJ Lyft/Uber driver and my wife and I are moving to the Washington DC metro area. We are trying to fill in some extra/side income to help cover moving and costs and we are trying to see if it is even worth it with current promotions.

What are the current Uber/Lyft Promos for signing up and weekly driving bonus?

My wife will probably start driving there too and has not driven before so she should be able to qualify for a new driver bonus.

Thanks

LtDan

Lyft $500 for 130 rides in first 30 days and Uber $200
Thank you, what do the weekly ride promos look like?

Recently in NJ they have died down, but end of march they were good.

Daytime
Sat 4/1 Up to 1.5X
Sun 4/2 Up to 1.8X
Evening
Fri 3/31 Up to 2X
Sat 4/1 Up to 2X
Sun 4/2 Up to 1.5X

Also how many trips do you need for the $200 from Uber

Thanks

HPClays

50 trips usually for the Uber sign on bonus, but it could change at any time. boost changes too much to publish credibly, but it ranges the same as you say NJ does.

Fast Times @ UBER

I'm not a full timer, but the general consensus from following this board is that if you hustle quite a bit you can expect $1000/wk. I drive about 15-20 hrs week, mostly in DC after my regular job and have been hitting $425-$475 with promotions.

Fast Times @ UBER

I appreciate it very much. What was last weeks boost?

Dan
My quest was 27 for $90, but this week was 39 for $90. Boost changes hourly in DC. Typically 1.3-1.7 with some outliers in either direction. Boost normally adds about 10% on my normal take--avg.

New2This

My Lyft app says $1000 for me and the referred driver if they do 390 rides

20170501_155010.png

DeplorableDonald

I'm at 394 rides with Lyft lifetime.

I tried, I really tried with Lyft. Uber threw more money at me, plus they're more blatant with their disdain for drivers, which in an odd way I can respect.

The other thing is with Uber generally if I flip the app on, I get a ping in +/- 30 seconds. If it's surging then that can be shorter time.

This past Surge City Saturday, on Uber I pulled juicy pings right after left. With Lyft, I turned the app on when I was in a hot pink place (GIGGIDY) and would get NOTHING for like 5 minutes. Turned on Uber and bang, got a ping.

IMHO Lyft needs to do more marketing for riders.

LtDan

What kind of boost does an active driver get in DC?

I know that mine here in NJ seem to be a little more $$ than what my friend is offered who is full time (60+ hours a week, mostly short trips in Hoboken). He overall makes more than me but the Boost I get seems to just be an enticement to get back on the road.

Another Uber Driver

390 rides?

You get sixty days to do it. It averages out to fewer than seven trips per day; it could be done easily.

Boost tends to waver between 1,1 and 2,2, depending on place, time and day. Yesteerday, there was a 1,1 zone somewhere, a 1,3 zone in another place and a 1,4 yet somewhere else. Morning Rush and weekend nights will get up to 2,2.

Fortunately, in the 1,1 zone yesterday, it was on surge most of the time.

What New2This states about Lyft is what I have experienced, as well. I have been at Lyft longer than he has and he has more "lifetime" trips than I do. I worked just under two hours yesterday, ran about fifty bananas and did not leave the City. I had Lyft on, but the pings from Uber came right away, so I went OFFLINE on Lyft quickly and stayed OFFLINE for most of those two hours. I received one stacked Uber ping, but the other times, an Uber ping came in even before I could bring up the Lyft and go ONLINE. For about the past year, I have averaged three or four Lyft pings PER MONTH. There have been times when I had to go OFFLINE on Uber so that I could accept one Lyft ping so that I would not go more than thirty days without covering one Lyft trip. Add to that Uber's better bonuses and incentives, and that at least SOME form of bonus and incentive is actually obtainable on Uber, and it is not difficult to understand why many of us are not doing too much with Lyft.

Yesterday, I did receive two U-Pool pings, both of which I let expire. In fact, sometimes the reason that I will cover Lyft pings is when Uber sends me to stand in the Virtual Corner for declining all of those U-Pool pings.

chinook101

This past Surge City Saturday, on Uber I pulled juicy pings right after left. With Lyft, I turned the app on when I was in a hot pink place (GIGGIDY) and would get NOTHING for like 5 minutes. Turned on Uber and bang, got a ping.

IMHO Lyft needs to do more marketing for riders.

This is where I'm at. I have a buddy who drives for Lyft only because his car doesn't qualify for Uber (another story) and he says he waits no longer than 10 minutes on average. I run Lyft and its crickets...meanwhile, I typically have the next Uber request before I'm done with the current trip.