1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

DC Bike Ride Event Downtown This Saturday

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by MrX, May 15, 2018.

1. MrX

MrX

Driving:
    UberX
    Lots of street closures for the bike event this Saturday, so expect it to impact traffic much of the day if you’re driving in the city. Hopefully it will also bring lots of people to town who will want to go out using TNC.

https://dcbikeride.com/road-closures/

2. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Looks like rain is in the mix on Saturday too!

3. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Do they do the bicycle ride in the rain?

I have ridden a bicycle in the rain more than once. I simply put on a poncho and I stay dry. I used to ride a bicycle from my home to the station when I rode the train to school in California. In that part of California, it used to rain almost every day between Thanksgiving and February (except, for some reason, the week between Christmas and New Year's).

The rain is supposed to stop by 3 or 4 P.M., Saturday, so it does look like the Nationals game will be played that day. Dubba-Tea-Owe-Pea is calling for "rain" through 5 P.M., "light rain" 5 through 10 P.M. then "rain" after 10 P.M., so to-day's game might not be played. Odds are that they will make up that one Sunday Evening.

The hockey now goes back to Tampa. I saw some of it on the tube while I was waiting for my burgers at BTS on Wisconsin. Washington scored the first goal, then Tampa scored two very quickly including a power play. Yesterday, Dubba-Tea-Owe-Pea interviewed one of the Washington players. He admitted that Washington's penalty killing needed work. It appears that he was correct.

Jo3030 likes this.
  4. Alidean

Alidean

Driving:
    UberX
    Its almost like someone just lit my bat signal

New2This likes this.
  5. Another Uber Driver

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    I drove the Fubar car to-day. One of my customers told me that she is doing the bicycle ride to-morrow and that it is a rain or shine event.

No baseball to-night. They have scheduled to-night's game for 2 P.M. Saturday and moved the scheduled game to 8 P.M.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  6. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    So it'll be a cluster.

7. Another Uber Driver

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Probably so.....................This lady was someone that I had gotten from the Hill to Fourteenth at U. She was a really nice customer.

I had another one who was talking about it to his girlfriend. This was my last customer of the day. It was a funny trip. I was in Woodley Park with Destination Filter set to Wisconsin and Western. I get the ping at what turned out to be the Carillon (the map just showed Wisconsin at Calvert). It was along chase, and normally I do not run that far, but, it was head that way and try it or go to Tenally with nothing, so I accepted it. It sems that he had volunteered for some sort of support role in the WABA Event, but was going to re-neg because they were not going to have tents for these volunteers. It was his girlfriend who ordered the ride and he was complaining to her about it. He thought that the rain would cause more volunteers to re-neg and that since he was scheduled for "first shift", if his relief did not show, he would be stuck.

The job went to Wisconsin at Van Ness on a 1,5, so it was allright, in the end. It was a little far to chase for a minimum, but the six bucks beat nothing.