• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Dayton Slow?

Ron Thompson

Why is Dayton so slow? Been driving during daytime and been busy for a year. Now workek several hours and can't break $40.00..

Jimmy Mac

I've found the same the past few weeks. If you open the Uber app instead of / with the driver app, it show's Uber's radio advertisement program in Dayton has been effective, thus more drivers and reduced chance of being the closest driver and getting work. I think the advertisement campaign was to add drivers in anticipation of Uber Eats launch. I drove in Columbus some last week and have mixed feelings about Uber Eats deliveries. I'll start a separate thread as it's a different topic.

Derpdederpdederp

I really do not like Ubereats, I don’t make very good money with it at all. I have been driving Uber, UberEats, Postmates and Lyft for a year and a half in Columbus and Uber Eats is the only one that I lose money on. If I pick up from McDonalds the order is usually wrong and then I have to wait more usually after waiting 20 or more minutes. My usual take is $4-7 a meal pickup Luckily, they have the option now where you can turn it off so I usually turn it off unless it SUPER slow.

Jimmy Mac

I've been doing UberEats in Columbus a fair amount the past month when passengers are super slow. My 1st rule: If the pickup is McD's, cancel it. They never have food ready, average mileage is about 1.5, and $0 tips. #2- Just say no to late night. Aggravation vs $$$ is a crazy ratio with both restaurants and customers. Dinner time in good suburbs with many Mom and Pop restaurants=better restaurant service AKA food is ready with no wait, better tips. It is still less $ / hour than passengers, but...I'm driving Uber etc because I need the $. So ...

Derpdederpdederp

I've been doing UberEats in Columbus a fair amount the past month when passengers are super slow. My 1st rule: If the pickup is McD's, cancel it. They never have food ready, average mileage is about 1.5, and $0 tips. #2- Just say no to late night. Aggravation vs $$$ is a crazy ratio with both restaurants and customers. Dinner time in good suburbs with many Mom and Pop restaurants=better restaurant service AKA food is ready with no wait, better tips. It is still less $ / hour than passengers, but...I'm driving Uber etc because I need the $. So ...
I agree, about McD’s, I’ve stopped doing Ubereats all together. I started doing postmates this last summer when the students are out of school, I love it, I usually take my dogs with me (no @@@@@y passengers) and then when it dies down I go to the dog park

yellingsoftly

Why is Dayton so slow? Been driving during daytime and been busy for a year. Now workek several hours and can't break $40.00..
I think it is because so many people caught onto it. I wouldn't think customer demand would have changed a whole lot. Dayton is just only so big a city. I don't drive during the day I just do it after work for an hour or two right when people are getting off work. Sometimes on friday nights if demand is decent. Definitely not a huge money maker though atleast in my experience. New years eve was pretty decent almost cleared $200 work 8 hours.