Daytime Driving in Cleveland

driver2223

I only drove at night up until a few weeks ago. I was making pretty good money and than suddenly no more surge and I was barely making min. wage after it was all said and done so for me personally having to deal with the drunk pax and the wear and tear on your car and the high risk you put yourself into for a accident with all the drunks on the road not to mention the high risk for a ticket with the impeding traffic stuff or even the cops who are very active out in the suburbs around ba closing time just waiting to pull you over for going 1 mph over the speed limit, but rather than just stop driving there and than I decided to give daytime driving a try ....

My observations .... You don't even make min wage by Mexico standards driving during the day. Today for example I spent 1 hour on the clock by Crocker Park with no requests. Than moved to the BP by the Airport and sat for 1 hour there with no requests. Than moved to the parking lot behind Townhall on w25th for 1 hour and not one request. Than found a place to park downtown and waited there for 1 hour with no request. I was in the clock for all the time I was driving from place to place in addition to the time I drove home and when I drove to my first stop in Westlake so all told 5 hours logged into the app with zero ride requests.

I confirmed with tech support nothing wrong with my account they said must just be downtime. I have over 1000 rides done with a 4.87 rating so not a newbie.

My real question is this. I get it that the majority of daytime drivers do it because they are bored and not necessarily for the money, but still if your bored sitting in the comfort of your home with AC and a couch and tv and kitchen and computer than how can you not be bored sitting in your car in some random parking lot just staring at the pavement ???

driver2223

I only drove at night up until a few weeks ago. I was making pretty good money and than suddenly no more surge and I was barely making min. wage after it was all said and done so for me personally having to deal with the drunk pax and the wear and tear on your car and the high risk you put yourself into for a accident with all the drunks on the road not to mention the high risk for a ticket with the impeding traffic stuff or even the cops who are very active out in the suburbs around ba closing time just waiting to pull you over for going 1 mph over the speed limit, but rather than just stop driving there and than I decided to give daytime driving a try ....

My observations .... You don't even make min wage by Mexico standards driving during the day. Today for example I spent 1 hour on the clock by Crocker Park with no requests. Than moved to the BP by the Airport and sat for 1 hour there with no requests. Than moved to the parking lot behind Townhall on w25th for 1 hour and not one request. Than found a place to park downtown and waited there for 1 hour with no request. I was in the clock for all the time I was driving from place to place in addition to the time I drove home and when I drove to my first stop in Westlake so all told 5 hours logged into the app with zero ride requests.

I confirmed with tech support nothing wrong with my account they said must just be downtime. I have over 1000 rides done with a 4.87 rating so not a newbie.

My real question is this. I get it that the majority of daytime drivers do it because they are bored and not necessarily for the money, but still if your bored sitting in the comfort of your home with AC and a couch and tv and kitchen and computer than how can you not be bored sitting in your car in some random parking lot just staring at the pavement ???[/QUOT

Wren

This happened to me too, yesterday (Monday)

I was running errands from independence to Macedonia for 3 hours starting around 12:30 pm and NOT A SINGLE REQUEST.

I have only ever driven in daytime- I stop when it gets dark because I'm scared- and have never had this experience before. My rating is great, acceptance is 100%, cancellations 0%, so it can't be anything having to do with that stuff. I wondered also if the app was messed up or something but I didn't ask Über, I just quit.

driver2223

This happened to me too, yesterday (Monday)

I was running errands from independence to Macedonia for 3 hours starting around 12:30 pm and NOT A SINGLE REQUEST.

I have only ever driven in daytime- I stop when it gets dark because I'm scared- and have never had this experience before. My rating is great, acceptance is 100%, cancellations 0%, so it can't be anything having to do with that stuff. I wondered also if the app was messed up or something but I didn't ask Über, I just quit.
Yeah I figured it was not only me. I actually also had some errands to run in various places on the Westside this afternoon, so I just logged back into the app to see out of curiousity how long I would actually go without getting a ride request. I am now up to 6.5 hours and counting lol !!!

McNutt2K10

Day driving is hit or miss at best. The only time I found it profitable was early mornings and taking random people to work. Though I found some of the best places to go were around hiring agencies. I know it sounds odd but a lot of the characters coming out of them are requesting rides. Not only that, they're usually going across town. The last couple of times I was day driving that's where I've had my luck, just saying.

driver2223

T
Day driving is hit or miss at best. The only time I found it profitable was early mornings and taking random people to work. Though I found some of the best places to go were around hiring agencies. I know it sounds odd but a lot of the characters coming out of them are requesting rides. Not only that, they're usually going across town. The last couple of times I was day driving that's where I've had my luck, just saying.
Thanks for the tip .... Oh and for the record my zero ride request streak was snapped shortly after posting my last message . 6:37 minutes the official tally lol.

McNutt2K10

T

Thanks for the tip .... Oh and for the record my zero ride request streak was snapped shortly after posting my last message . 6:37 minutes the official tally lol.
Ain't that a @@@@@...lol...jk
It's a rough go day driving but I understand it. Whenever I'm off my full time job I try to log hour, but it's usually unfruitful.

Teach1

I go out aroun 7am-10-11.. looked back at last week 8 daytime drives Tuesday same on Wednesday and Thursday. Then 5-pm to 10pm another 8 each day. 48 rides in that time period. Friday same schedule except stay out til midnight weekends Sunday because of browns played. 85 rides for week. I always start at my house and after that wherever the winds blows. IF I don't get that first ride from home I have a specific route I take. I don't know how many rides others get but I'm happy anywhere from 650-850 per week about 38-44 hrs

vsimeone

I "day drive" most weekends. My house is my home base. I am 3 miles from CAK and often get pings from there while I'm home. I go home between rides if I'm not steady and clean or do chores around the house. I'm not getting rich but it's some pocket money for not much work. I don't like the late night bar scene.

czervik7

I always start at the airport lot. Usually get a ride within 45 minutes. Lots of time they go downtown or Cleveland Clinic. I have a perch by hotels at each place and have no problem getting a ride. Usually put the airport as my destination. Then I tend to go back and forth all day. I rarely drive at night anymore. Like the first post said, why bother with drunks if there isn't much of a surge.

I can get lots of Lyft rides in the city, usually people coming and going to work. Usually shorter rides. I much prefer the longer airport rides because they're more profitable due to the lower cost of driving and more mileage in fewer minutes.

Don't go looking for rides by bars. Most people are not there yet. Hospitals are good all day long. I got a Toledo ride from a Strongsville med center.

The airport lot tends to empty out as the afternoon goes on. It fills up again around 7pm as most people going out to dinner or a game have already been taken to their destination and it's pretty quiet around the city for a couple hours.

I also have a good idea when and where a surge may occur during the day. And get ready for surges in October when the Tribe is in the playoffs. Westlake/Bay will surge starting about 2-3 hours prior to the games, then it goes on and off until 30 minutes before game time. Parma often surges then as well. I like the Bay/Avon area because it's a longer ride but an easy one.

I have no problem getting rides during the day, but I rarely drive looking for rides unless I'm in the boonies. If I get put way out east I'll sit in a parking lot somewhere and wait with the engine off. My gas and wear/tear on my van are more important than my time at this point. I can sit in my car, watch Netflix, surf the web and it's not costing me a dime. When I get to about an hour before quitting time I'll pop my destination filter on and set it for the airport. That's 5 minutes from home.