Daylight saving all year round?

Should we have daylight saving all year round?

• Yes

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Only for old farts like you

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Maddo

I love daylight saving. In winter it seems silly that I spend time sleeping in broad-day-light, 7am - 9am, and then have the lights on at night.
Why can't we have daylight saving all the year?
Alternatively, just get rid of it completely. There's a growing trend worldwide to look at the negative aspects of it and to possibly get rid of it. Most people have forgotten the origins of daylight savings, it was to help farmers and the agricultural sector in general. Having an extra hour daylight during summer was just a by-product of it, which us city slickers seem to think is for us. Should be some interesting debates about this over the next couple of years me thinks.

RustaSam

Alternatively, just get rid of it completely. There's a growing trend worldwide to look at the negative aspects of it and to possibly get rid of it. Most people have forgotten the origins of daylight savings, it was to help farmers and the agricultural sector in general. Having an extra hour daylight during summer was just a by-product of it, which us city slickers seem to think is for us. Should be some interesting debates about this over the next couple of years me thinks.
Daylight saving was first introduced across Australia as a temporary wartime measure because an extra hour's daylight on summer afternoons meant less need for fuel.
Meaning we would turn our lights on an hour later saving electricity

DA08

WA got rid of it years ago... ???

Maddo

Daylight saving was first introduced across Australia as a temporary wartime measure because an extra hour's daylight on summer afternoons meant less need for fuel.
Meaning we would turn our lights on an hour later saving electricity
Quite right Sam. I should have said daylight savings was 'reintroduced' I stand corrected!
Post automatically merged:

WA got rid of it years ago... ???
Yep, loved my 6 years in sunny Perth. None of that nonsense in WA Mr 08. How's Subi these days by the way?

hello_melbs

Permanent Daylight Saving exists in Singapore, Malaysia, Argentina, Turkey, Iceland and they had a trial of it in Russia.

I think we should just get rid of it because summer days are naturally longer anyway.