• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Day light Robbery

Do you want some other ride sharing company come to NJ to compete Uber?

• Yes

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • I donot care

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • I love working for peanuts

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How can Uber say to drivers they make more money driving pool? This is completely ripoff.

I really want Juno or some other ride sharing company to come to N.J. because Lyft is falling behind.

When ever I turn on Lyft I always bombarded with shared rides and end up in ghettos.

ZepFan

I started Lyft a year ago and lately it seems to really have taken a turn for the worse.

FWIW, any Pool ride I take these days is immediately met with a stop request.

anteetr

I think youre gonna need a few stitches after that.

And they all went to the Journal Square PATH to go back to NYC. God those 3 @@@@ers are CHEAP!!! Stupid too. They could have all split an XL for half the money.

Pro tip: No, not dont take pool (you knew that already). If you do take pool, NEVER take more than 4 pax. They dont pay you XL rate (they should), and they charge pax extra for the extra seat. Its the heavyweight championship of driver assrape. If those three rides were one seat each, they would have paid much less.

Thanks for posting that. It made me laugh my ass off and if i ever see multiple pickups and dropoffs together on pool, i am cancelling that shit with extreme prejudice.

Last edited:

ToughTommy

You accepted the ride you got paid you knew you were getting screwed so why torture yourself and confirm it.

FortLeeUber2017

I picked up 3 pools and 5 riders And Uber took more than 73% commission.
Pool is a powerful tool to use but you have to stop new requests immediately. If you hesitated and they managed to add more cheapskates, cancel on them.
Next, you accepted pool and you can see an Indian name? No reason to cancel right away. You got to call (immediately, because some basterds claimed that they screenshot all the drivers when get matched) and then politely state that you got that trip automatically added (never say “I accepted”) and just wanna know where this very nice pool is heading. A lot of Indians live outside of Hudson County and than you take it and you... you know what to do next, right? If it’s, unfortunately, JC... say “ok, I will see you in a bit”. Then immediately cancel. You can also do it with an extreme prejudice, as proposed here already.
Yes, I would not accept pool as my first rebound ping, but as my second... I would. Because, if I wouldn’t, I’d have to leave the airport empty. If I take it and I don’t like it, I will have two more tries, right? But try to keep the cancellation rate at the airport on the low side, you definitely don’t want to get deactivated.

FortLeeUber2017

JC is a close third
JC is number one destination for those people. But... sometimes you get an elephant or whale (with surge like this) to destinations mentioned or even further down south... And I actually have previously had Indian tippers, but the tip will be very low and it’s very rare.

Cigars

Why ever pick up the second Poo??
Just drive by and wave. You have zero contractual obligation to ever pick up the second Poo.
Pick up Poo #1, ignore Uber updates and drop off Poo #1 at his or her location.
When you arrive, if Poo #2 or #3 has not cancelled after you ignored them, he wrong pick up location button and drop off Poo #1.
I have not put a second piece of Poo in my car in a year and a half.

NJKing

Pool is a powerful tool to use but you have to stop new requests immediately. If you hesitated and they managed to add more cheapskates, cancel on them.
Next, you accepted pool and you can see an Indian name? No reason to cancel right away. You got to call (immediately, because some basterds claimed that they screenshot all the drivers when get matched) and then politely state that you got that trip automatically added (never say “I accepted”) and just wanna know where this very nice pool is heading. A lot of Indians live outside of Hudson County and than you take it and you... you know what to do next, right? If it’s, unfortunately, JC... say “ok, I will see you in a bit”. Then immediately cancel. You can also do it with an extreme prejudice, as proposed here already.
Yes, I would not accept pool as my first rebound ping, but as my second... I would. Because, if I wouldn’t, I’d have to leave the airport empty. If I take it and I don’t like it, I will have two more tries, right? But try to keep the cancellation rate at the airport on the low side, you definitely don’t want to get deactivated.
This.
I don't accept ewr poo unless rare 2 in a row. I had received tip but never from pax from/to Hudson.

DerBundes

How can Uber say to drivers they make more money driving pool? This is completely ripoff.

I really want Juno or some other ride sharing company to come to N.J. because Lyft is falling behind.

When ever I turn on Lyft I always bombarded with shared rides and end up in ghettos.
JUNO or VIA will do the complete opposite of what they do in NYC. Why you ask?! Jersey, or as I call it, “Northeastern Florida,” allows it! They’ll experiment with whatever they can’t get away with east of the river.

NJKing

Only way you feel less screwed on poo.

1. You stop new request and Uber forced to eat loss.

2. when first poo is at good surge and extension poos stacks and you end up doing hours addition with that surge.

Like I said on other post NYE, I felt generous took 2 poo and one had 6 stacks. And looking at the detail, the fare split between Uber and me was close. In NJ getting 6 stacks like this is like hitting a powerball, simply impossible.

Attachments

Last edited:

Canteev

I’ll ignore the people who claim that the driver knew what he was getting into. By any standard, this is robbery—legal robbery, but still robbery. Saying all that, you are asking for it by taking Pool.

Your only choice is to stop new requests after the first one or just pretend that Uber didn’t just do a number on you. I have never done a Pool ride with multiple riders and never will. On NYE, the funniest thing happened. I accepted a Pool request that was above a 4.0x surge. I quickly stopped new requests because I knew Uber would add a rider in such a busy time. Guess what happened? I got an error message, and when I checked, my first rider had disappeared and Uber added two different passengers. I had no other choice but to cancel on both riders—though, I have at times I just cancel on one.

NJKing

I’ll ignore the people who claim that the driver knew what he was getting into. By any standard, this is robbery—legal robbery, but still robbery. Saying all that, you are asking for it by taking Pool.

Your only choice is to stop new requests after the first one or just pretend that Uber didn’t just do a number on you. I have never done a Pool ride with multiple riders and never will. On NYE, the funniest thing happened. I accepted a Pool request that was above a 4.0x surge. I quickly stopped new requests because I knew Uber would add a rider in such a busy time. Guess what happened? I got an error message, and when I checked, my first rider had disappeared and Uber added two different passengers. I had no other choice but to cancel on both riders—though, I have at times I just cancel on one.
Don't get me wrong. Poo is simply evil and Uber will take at least 50% from drivers in most cases and up charge pax. I had several complaint from X riders too "Last pool ride end up more expensive than what uber app said." Was the complaint. They screw you and pax on pool, just tell all next poo pax happened to take or mistakenly take to check prices before and after. Pax said most poo ended up very similar price to X.