Day 1 New Lyft rates Phoenix

KK2929

Lyft wants basically the bottom of the bottom drivers... they are pushing ppl into their express drive program which is paying .25 per mile lmao
--------------------------------
Since many drivers are driving for both companies, that statement is not only dumb, it does not apply. Lyft like Uber only wants to flood the streets with their drivers so that their customers can receive a ride in less than 8 minutes from the time they call for one.
Post automatically merged:

Check my Lyft app early a.m. and they still had the old rates in the app. Went out drove for Uber for a couple hours. I didn't see as many Lyft amps as I normally do.
Just checked my Lyft app and the new rates are definitely in place. $0.35 a mile and $0.15 a minute.
I was curious to see how much money I would lose. Using the trip information from my Uber rides I calculated using Lyft rates.
The results are terrible. My three Uber trips earned me $46.46. Using the Lyft rates of 35 cents a mile and 15 cents a minute now my earnings were only $30.21. That's a 35% loss.
If anybody did any Lyft rides in Phoenix today post your results.
----------------------
My first thought after reading your post is this -- I have tracked 200 trips with Lyft. When comparing two trips of the same distance and time of day, there is no consistency and often a big difference in the fare charged. Therefore, trying to determine amount lost when comparing Uber trips and Lyft trips is a waste of time. Both companies are constantly trying to increase the revenue by screwing the drivers. Uber will be adjusting their fares in the near future because they do not want to be outdone by Lyft.
They have started paying for the drive to pickup a pax -- the reality is that they are paying on the front end of the pickup but paying less after the pickup. For the driver -- the fare is the same as before the change but the driver now feels better because they are being paid for the drive time to pick up the pax. It is nothing more than Psychology 101. Neither company can afford to charge more for trips because the competition is so fierce between Lyft & Uber. The public will only bare so much in trip cost. I am already hearing complaints about how much is being charged for trips.

Last edited:

nosurgenodrive

--------------------------------
Since many drivers are driving for both companies, that statement is not only dumb, it does not apply. Lyft like Uber only wants to flood the streets with their drivers so that their customers can receive a ride in less than 8 minutes from the time they call for one.
Post automatically merged:

----------------------
My first thought after reading your post is this -- I have tracked 200 trips with Lyft. When comparing two trips of the same distance and time of day, there is no consistency and often a big difference in the fare charged. Therefore, trying to determine amount lost when comparing Uber trips and Lyft trips is a waste of time. Both companies are constantly trying to increase the revenue by screwing the drivers. Uber will be adjusting their fares in the near future because they do not want to be outdone by Lyft.
They have started paying for the drive to pickup a pax -- the reality is that they are paying on the front end of the pickup but paying less after the pickup. For the driver -- the fare is the same as before the change but the driver now feels better because they are being paid for the drive time to pick up the pax. It is nothing more than Psychology 101. Neither company can afford to charge more for trips because the competition is so fierce between Lyft & Uber. The public will only bare so much in trip cost. I am already hearing complaints about how much is being charged for trips.

Let them take a cab then.

Pedro Paramo66

I hope no one post... only because that would mean no one is turning the app on. It’s criminal what these app companies are doing.. turn it off protest, do Uber only.. or stay off for a few days, better yet shuffle, it pays more
Soone r or later we end up paying from our money to the cheap entitled pax fot the ride
????

touberornottouber

Once they roll out a new product in test markets it’s game over for every other market. I would say January first is the national roll out for this bs pay rate.
Probably right before New Years Eve so they can get even more cash. They're greedy like that. Maybe even right before Halloween.

tohunt4me

Check my Lyft app early a.m. and they still had the old rates in the app. Went out drove for Uber for a couple hours. I didn't see as many Lyft amps as I normally do.
Just checked my Lyft app and the new rates are definitely in place. $0.35 a mile and $0.15 a minute.
I was curious to see how much money I would lose. Using the trip information from my Uber rides I calculated using Lyft rates.
The results are terrible. My three Uber trips earned me $46.46. Using the Lyft rates of 35 cents a mile and 15 cents a minute now my earnings were only $30.21. That's a 35% loss.
If anybody did any Lyft rides in Phoenix today post your results.
A PINK MUSTACHE FLOATS BY IN THE RIVER BELOW . . . .

Matt Uterak

Probably right before New Years Eve so they can get even more cash. They're greedy like that. Maybe even right before Halloween.
Once they roll out a new product in test markets it’s game over for every other market. I would say January first is the national roll out for this bs pay rate.
I’ll stop driving. Isn’t my main source of income. We are still well over a $1/mile in my market. If it goes down at all I’ll stop.