Day 1 New Lyft rates Phoenix

Nateakascooter

I did a comparison between similar rides from last night and today. Both rides were just over 19 miles. Last night was 25 min and i got $15. Today's ride was 31 min and i got $12. They're blatantly disrespecting the drivers. I have a final job interview Friday and I'm hanging this up. Not worth the fatigue and the hassle

mbd

Most of the rental drIvers don’t know the base rate ... as a matter of fact, rental or non rental, majority drivers don’t know what the base rate is .
They also know that max profit for them is the airport runs and long distance runs...
LA cost of living vs the base rate — if LA drivers willing to do at those rates, then whole country will have drivers willing to do at low rates .
If you just do Uber, Uber will be flooded with extra drivers. Pings will go to high AR drivers .
Talking about just X.

doyousensehumor

It is absolutely comical someone would go to the airport sit in queue, finally get a fare 35c/mile, and deadhead all the way back to the queue. Wash rinse repeat. Doing AP queue or ANY single hotspot cuts income in 1/2. Effectively that is driving for 17 cents per mile.

Wonder if there are still F150's in the lot? You cant even FUEL those @@@@ing trucks at 17 cents a mile.

For those of you not familiar with AZ, it is 114 degrees and sunny today. So there is no shutting off engine while waiting either.

Looks like lyft already has self-driving cars! Stop research! It's not necessary!

welikecamping

I didn't feel like driving today, so I did not. However, I did remove my amp yesterday. I still have a Lyft sticker, but it's on the back window. For now I think I'm just gonna do what I always do, focus on Uber rides and when Uber dries up, I might give Lyft a shot.

doyousensehumor

I didn't feel like driving today, so I did not. However, I did remove my amp yesterday. I still have a Lyft sticker, but it's on the back window. For now I think I'm just gonna do what I always do, focus on Uber rides and when Uber dries up, I might give Lyft a shot.
Back when Lyft anounced canceling primetime, my amp went in glovebox and only came out for the last few times of primetime. Last several months I never used it

mbd

Most of the rental drIvers don’t know the base rate ... as a matter of fact, rental or non rental, majority drivers don’t know what the base rate is .
They also know that max profit for them is the airport runs and long distance runs...
LA cost of living vs the base rate — if LA drivers willing to do at those rates, then whole country will have drivers willing to do at low rates .
If you just do Uber, Uber will be flooded with extra drivers. Pings will go to high AR drivers .
Talking about just X.
If you are in the airport Q, go outside the airport, 10 miles away and receive the ping...? drive slowly through all the terminals and then pick up the pax ?

lyft_rat

If you are in the airport Q, go outside the airport, 10 miles away and receive the ping...? drive slowly through all the terminals and then pick up the pax ?
And collect big citation. Got directly to jail. Do not pass Go.

Illini

All of the drivers who told Lyft that they value time over miles will be happy. They'll continue to drive and pick up the slack of the Lyft drivers who quit.

Another Uber Driver

While the calculations of past trips can be instructive, I am curious to see what any driver actually has experienced.

The pay cuts have not hit everywhere Y-E-T, but, they are coming and if Gryft gets away with it, Fubar will be right behind it with the copy cat. If these do hit my market, it will be after Labour Day, so I will be mostly in the cab, anyhow.

Another thing that might interest some of you is that Gryft is raising rates to customers substantially. This, too, is a gradual rollout. The drivers, however, will be getting none of that money.

I do hope that the ants finally get hip and stop driving.

Asmedious

As I said before these two rideshare companies need some competition. It seems that in my market right now, there is a local new rideshare app/company that is just coming online. I can't figure out what Lyft is thinking though. Since Uber hasn't lowered its pay to match Lyft just yet, why would Lyft assume that any driver would keep their apps on when the loss of money is just about guaranteed with them. Lyft is already way behind Uber and this scheme of theirs might just guarantee that Lyft will go bankrupt. Sure, more riders might use them if they were less expensive, but without drivers providing the service they can have a gazzillion requests for rides and that won't make a difference.

mrpjfresh

Sure, more riders might use them if they were less expensive, but without drivers providing the service they can have a gazzillion requests for rides and that won't make a difference.
I think this sentiment nailed it. Sure, a few will still drive, but in certain markets Lyft may become a joke to riders. They've cut their own throats at huge events in big cities already. What happens when a sizable amount of riders go to request a ride and no cars are available under regular conditions? Over to Uber they go or wherever. Maybe taxi or public traspo. It is a risky gamble Lyft has undertaken here. They risk all the rider goodwill/PR of "better than Uber" they've cultivated over the years. Time will tell though.

I only laughed at your post because the thought of Lyft going bankrupt gave me a good chuckle.

mbd

As I said before these two rideshare companies need some competition. It seems that in my market right now, there is a local new rideshare app/company that is just coming online. I can't figure out what Lyft is thinking though. Since Uber hasn't lowered its pay to match Lyft just yet, why would Lyft assume that any driver would keep their apps on when the loss of money is just about guaranteed with them. Lyft is already way behind Uber and this scheme of theirs might just guarantee that Lyft will go bankrupt. Sure, more riders might use them if they were less expensive, but without drivers providing the service they can have a gazzillion requests for rides and that won't make a difference.
Lyft has huge number of rental drivers. So they know the stats , how low drivers will keep driving . Rentals drive at a lower rate .
They know if a driver is making 1100 a week,and if he loses 100-150$, he will still keep driving. He will make up the half the money lost by doing 2-3 more runs a day
It is possible that some of these rental drivers doing over 120 runs a week.

They can go up on the bonus little bit
,80 runs 120$ and 120 runs 200$Rental drivers will chase that 200$

Asmedious

Lyft has huge number of rental drivers. So they know the stats , how low drivers will keep driving . Rentals drive at a lower rate .
They know if a driver is making 1100 a week,and if he loses 100-150$, he will still keep driving. He will make up the half the money lost by doing 2-3 more runs a day
It is possible that some of these rental drivers doing over 120 runs a week.

They can go up on the bonus little bit
,80 runs 120$ and 120 runs 200$Rental drivers will chase that 200$
Jesus if I made a third of that 1100 a week part time, I might still keep driving. Depending on if there is an actual profit in there somewhere after gas and running my car into the ground.

doyousensehumor

Anybody with a new vehicle will now have to make up 8$ on a 30$ run, depreciation will be factor . Anybody with a gas guzzler will have to think now , should they do a long run.
With the new rates drivers can kiss compensation for depreciation goodbye

We are now at just minimum wage and gas money.

Ignatz

Check my Lyft app early a.m. and they still had the old rates in the app. Went out drove for Uber for a couple hours. I didn't see as many Lyft amps as I normally do.
Just checked my Lyft app and the new rates are definitely in place. $0.35 a mile and $0.15 a minute.
I was curious to see how much money I would lose. Using the trip information from my Uber rides I calculated using Lyft rates.
The results are terrible. My three Uber trips earned me $46.46. Using the Lyft rates of 35 cents a mile and 15 cents a minute now my earnings were only $30.21. That's a 35% loss.
If anybody did any Lyft rides in Phoenix today post your results.
Let’s Review:

A. Lyft Stock Closed ⬆ Today
54.15 USD +0.50 (0.93%)

B. Drivers earning less
C. Drivers continue to chauffeur Lyft’s clients
D. Stock holders & Wall Street happy

To sum up:
Problem ain’t Lyft
Problem is the drivers ✔