• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Day 1 New Lyft rates Phoenix

R3drang3r

Check my Lyft app early a.m. and they still had the old rates in the app. Went out drove for Uber for a couple hours. I didn't see as many Lyft amps as I normally do.
Just checked my Lyft app and the new rates are definitely in place. $0.35 a mile and $0.15 a minute.
I was curious to see how much money I would lose. Using the trip information from my Uber rides I calculated using Lyft rates.
The results are terrible. My three Uber trips earned me $46.46. Using the Lyft rates of 35 cents a mile and 15 cents a minute now my earnings were only $30.21. That's a 35% loss.
If anybody did any Lyft rides in Phoenix today post your results.

touberornottouber

I can't believe they seriously cut rates to 30-35 cents a mile. If that comes here I am 100% done with turning on Lyft. It would be totally pointless to drive. Even long trips would suck at 35 cents a mile. I mean drive 100 miles for $35? Then drive another 100 to return back home? Come on....

maxroyalty1

What’s your point? I said they haven’t cut the rates yet, just because it hasn’t happened yet, doesn’t mean it won’t happen, so I reiterate, what’s your point in quoting me and posting what you did?
That ain't cutting ish in Maryland bro just stop

25rides7daysaweek

I can't believe they seriously cut rates to 30-35 cents a mile. If that comes here I am 100% done with turning on Lyft. It would be totally pointless to drive. Even long trips would suck at 35 cents a mile. I mean drive 100 miles for $35? Then drive another 100 to return back home? Come on....
There doesnt seem to be alot that can be done about it other than not drive and/or
get it up on social media how much the pay cut actually is.
I was thinking a 10 minute trip at 30mph
30 minute and 60 minute.
Old and new rates.
Get it up on social media and
quit turning the app on
If they get away with this uber will
follow and we will all be out of a job...

AngelAdams

I’m a woman, not a bro... still you have no point in your post... UNLESS you work for lyft and have first hand information ? Other then that you have no point in quoting me. Or in assuming you know what lyft has in mind... have a good one
I bet it made sense to him lol. Even though English hasn’t seen that combination of words since a drunk Mike Tyson.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldfart

Check my Lyft app early a.m. and they still had the old rates in the app. Went out drove for Uber for a couple hours. I didn't see as many Lyft amps as I normally do.
Just checked my Lyft app and the new rates are definitely in place. $0.35 a mile and $0.15 a minute.
I was curious to see how much money I would lose. Using the trip information from my Uber rides I calculated using Lyft rates.
The results are terrible. My three Uber trips earned me $46.46. Using the Lyft rates of 35 cents a mile and 15 cents a minute now my earnings were only $30.21. That's a 35% loss.
If anybody did any Lyft rides in Phoenix today post your results.

Did you include anything for the distance and time from the ping to the pick up point?

R3drang3r

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There doesnt seem to be alot that can be done about it other than not drive and/or
get it up on social media how much the pay cut actually is.
I was thinking a 10 minute trip at 30mph
30 minute and 60 minute.
Old and new rates.
Get it up on social media and
quit turning the app on
If they get away with this uber will
follow and we will all be out of a job...
Comparing new Lyft rates to old Lyft rates is a 20 plus % difference.
When you compare it as I did to Uber rates it then becomes a 35 % difference for the same trip. We both know Uber doesn't pay enough as it is. Imagine 35% less for the same trip, same wear and tear. This is the message to get out.

R3drang3r

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you include anything for the distance and time from the ping to the pick up point?
I thought I did. But actually on second thought no I didn't. So let's look at what it would add. If you drive three miles to pick up. That adds $1.05 for the miles. Plus 5 minutes @ 0.15 = $0.75. Not 35% but still high 20's.