1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Daughter just got in a hit and run.

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by lakersfan1, Aug 5, 2017.

1. lakersfan1

lakersfan1 Well-Known Member

My daughter was using my Uber car to exchange some of her books for cash in Skokie and got side-swiped by an Altima who ran from the scene. She guessed it was a Polish person without insurance. I might need to drive my wife's Buick again until my VW is fixed YET AGAIN. What is going on in Chicago? Are there that many ****ty drivers in the city, that I've been hit twice in 4 months ..... when I haven't been in an accident in 15 years before?

KrisKringle, Sure, Bman1974 and 2 others like this.
  2. Grand Master B

Grand Master B Well-Known Member

i bet there weren't a cop around for 5 doughnut miles. hope she's ok...and no i don't mean the car.

KrisKringle and qiaoxiaopang like this.
  3. qiaoxiaopang

qiaoxiaopang Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Never say never brother! Better knock on wood lol

KrisKringle likes this.
  4. Zuber A

Zuber A Well-Known Member

Dashcam? HD video should be able to show license plate number.

KrisKringle and Sam D like this.
  5. mkxr

mkxr Active Member

Why a Polish person without insurance? I'm curious how she got to that conclusion.

6. lakersfan1

lakersfan1 Well-Known Member

Considering 80% of her friends are Polish, I trust her ability to profile. If the person had insurance, I'm sure they would have stopped and exchanged info instead of running.

KrisKringle and leroy jenkins like this.
  7. Zuber7

Zuber7 Well-Known Member

you aren't missing anything brother

KrisKringle likes this.
  8. WestBurbsMac

WestBurbsMac Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hope the kid's okay. Sorry to hear...

KrisKringle likes this.
  9. Bogdan is here

Bogdan is here Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I think I am your daughters friend

KrisKringle and toshko like this.
  10. blackjackross

blackjackross Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Man, you can't catch a break. Glad to hear your daughter's OK----probably a little shook up though.

I hope your insurance premium doesn't go through the roof at renewal time

qiaoxiaopang and KrisKringle like this.
  11. Sam D

Sam D Well-Known Member

yes there are that many ****ty drivers -- I am surprised the're are not more accidents than there all ready are especially on the Edens-- anywhere really - holy cow!! It's bad - actually reckless driving everywhere

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    KrisKringle likes this.
  12. Bigbadb91

Bigbadb91 Well-Known Member

Hope kids ok, car can be replaced

KrisKringle likes this.
  13. ratethis

ratethis Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, Hope your daughters ok.

KrisKringle likes this.
  14. Mapnik

Mapnik Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Not a conclusion, but a suspicion. Perfectly reasonable deduction. Driver fled = no insurance. No insurance = something wrong = highly likely person is 'undocumented' one way or another.
    In the city of Chicago, outside of the gentrified areas, white people are commonly European immigrants. This is such a widely understood thing that if you are a white driver and don't look a certain way, then you fail to speak in an accent, well, then it means you are from the 'suburbs'.... If you cop a broken polish accent you get no second guesses about your legitimacy, authenticity, everything else. Because the implicit question is, if you are white, well-spoken, and seemingly educated, then how is it that you could find yourself on a par with all these taxi-vermin? Answer (if you're white): because you lack creativity, like sameness, live with your (wealthy) parents in Wilmette, etc... But, if you are a European immigrant, then it's OK, because you are hard-working and entrepreneurial, brave and all that stuff.....

Let's go.

KrisKringle likes this.
  15. toshko

toshko Well-Known Member

What if the driver that hit your daughter's car was a Mexican Albino or Russian or Ukrainian?
    Wait wait it makes no difference.You still need to pay for your damages so analyzing the nationality of the guy was unnecessary!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  16. Nick781

Nick781 Well-Known Member

Wrong. I can guarantee she is not Polish. People get wrong ideas way too often in their heads.

KrisKringle likes this.
  17. toshko

toshko Well-Known Member

She guessed it was a Polish person without insurance

When you are taking a guess you basically are making conclusion rather than suspicioun!!!

KrisKringle likes this.
  18. KrisKringle

KrisKringle Member

Driving:
    UberX
    DO NOT EVER MIX BUSINESS WITH ANYTHING ELSE//// NEVER MIX BUSINESS WITH NON BUSINESS /// PERIOD. STOP. ?????

qiaoxiaopang and Grand Master B like this.
  19. mkxr

mkxr Active Member

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here, probably my limited understanding of English, lol

20. Mapnik

Mapnik Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Correct - makes no difference - an uninsured, undocumented immigrant is the same kind of problem regardless of race and/or ethnicity. That's why nationalism is not the same thing as racism, and in fact has nothing to do with racism.

But still, you say it was "unnecessary", but I ask, "and what is your point?"

It's OK, we all have limitations.

qiaoxiaopang likes this.