Dashcam survey

MpakaLDN

Samsung Galaxy Note 9. It only has 128 GB but I can easily off load the files to my external hard drive in just a few minutes with just a simple drag and drop unlike my dedicated dash cam which required me to take out a memory card, put it in a memory card reader, use some awful 3rd party software, and spend 35 minutes to download some files in some horrible proprietary video format that required their special player to view, and then have to put it back into the camera... worse, the flash memory would get corrupted and have to be reformatted.
Totally agree. I started testing an app recently and things are sooo easy. There are some tradeoffs in terms of video quality etc but the experience is so much better. Not using the autoboy but DailyRoad voyager. Think they are similar. I normally upload footage on my Google Drive directly but unfortunately the GPS data cannot be transferred with the videos. Do you know by any chance a way to transfer the GPS data from an app?

Vantrue N2 Pro...had it for a year and a a half....LOVE it....had to pull Video from it twice, once because there was a wreck in front of me, and once at the Airport where there was in Incident with a PAX that required 6 Cops and Paramedics....got all of the 2-hour ordeal on video/audio.....the N4 looks really nice....the Vid quality on Vantrue prods is exceptional, as is the audio quality....

Boca Ratman

I personally feel that video taping passengers is creepy.

Why? It would be creepy of you were to do creepy things with the footage.

I had a pax accuse me making sexual comments, putting my hand on her upper thigh & following her into her job. At the time 4 years & around 10k rides, never needed footage.

The footage proved she lied about everything. At the time, I had a falcon 360 dual, I still have it and I upgraded I upgraded my dashcam the day I was reactivated.

I have a blackvue 650. Its an outstanding camera.

Fusion_LUser

Earlier I posted about my dash cam....

--

I'm happy with my Auto-Vox Dual dash cam and it's on sale right now :smiles:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WC8SZKT/?tag=ubne0c-20

--

I purchased the Auto-Vox camera in December 2019 and the internal battery went bad a week or two ago. It is not holding the date correctly. I reached out to Auto-Vox and the customer service is excellent. They asked me to send back the old one, they paid the for the shipping and are sending a replacement right away.

So as far as support goes Auto-Vox appears to be legit and will support their customers...

Mash Ghasem

People who can’t afford Blackview Cams buy Vantrues.......true story.....🤷

Not necessarily... Blackvue was actually one of the very first makes that I found and looked at. Sure, I didn't like their higher price levels, but more importantly, I didn't want a "black box" with no screen no buttons and no "built-in" interior lens. I also didn't want it glued to my windshield.

estore009

Vantrue has a short (but confusing) sale in their Amazon store. If I had the funds, I would have gotten the N4 since it's a 3-channel model.

N2 Pro $119.99 Oct 13, 3:30am-3:30pm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0742J69SQ/?tag=ubne0c-20

N4 $207.99 Oct 14, 5:00pm-11:00pm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083V6K8RH/?tag=ubne0c-20

The confusing part: the email doesn't specify what timezone the sale will be running in.
N2 pro $120, it was a good price!! Cheaper than my B2W dashcam!

Uberchampion

Why? It would be creepy of you were to do creepy things with the footage.

I had a pax accuse me making sexual comments, putting my hand on her upper thigh & following her into her job. At the time 4 years & around 10k rides, never needed footage.

The footage proved she lied about everything. At the time, I had a falcon 360 dual, I still have it and I upgraded I upgraded my dashcam the day I was reactivated.

I have a blackvue 650. Its an outstanding camera.
For me, the dash cam is more of a deterrent than anything. The light flashes and it's noticeable too passenger

#professoruber

Not necessarily... Blackvue was actually one of the very first makes that I found and looked at. Sure, I didn't like their higher price levels, but more importantly, I didn't want a "black box" with no screen no buttons and no "built-in" interior lens. I also didn't want it glued to my windshield.
Cool story! Blackvue is over rated in my opinion. I have been using vantrue before dash cams were even a thing. For the price and features AND their customer service, it's the best camera for us broke drivers.

Ozzyoz

I use an app based one that runs in the background and I mount my phone high on dashboard to see everything.

20201021_162259.jpg
Screenshot_20201020-140242_BVR Ultimate.jpg
Screenshot_20201020-140053_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20201021-162435_BVR Ultimate.jpg

Boca Ratman

It does indeed have a few advantages, which is why I got it after comparing to others, but you enjoy yours. :thumbup:

What are it's advantages?

What I do not like about it is the size, the mounting and no way to wirelessly download files. Also the lithium battery.

It stands out screaming "steal me" attached to the windshield. I wanted something I could leave in the car, install and forget about.

I have a blackvue, I am super happy with it. I have the front facing camera installed behind my rearveiw and its barely noticeable from outside. The interior camera is mounted on top of my rearveiw, and very discrete.

My rearveiw is my old dashcam, a falcon 360. Something is not right with the falcon, it works sometimes and then other times doesn't. No rhythm or reason to when or how long it works but I got used to the oversized mirror. So I leave it there.
Screenshot_20201021-194934_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Occasionally people notice the cameras on it, almost no one notices the one on top of it.

The main reasons I went with the blackvue, I can wirelessly save and veiw files on my phone. I'm a scatter brain and a bit of a spaz I know I'd lose the card over and over.

No lithium battery, it uses a capacitor. It's discrete.

I didn't want a "black box" with no screen no buttons and no "built-in" interior lens.

I use an old phone, it connects via built on wifi on the cam. I can control the camera and save /watch footage on it. The interior camera is a separate unit. Its small, about the size of a half roll of dimes. The front facing one is just a little bigger.

I have a 590 ir with wifi. Its an older model but excellent quality. I think I paid 230.00 and that included the gps antenna
Screenshot_20201021-202324_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201021-202308_Gallery.jpg

The audio quality is excellent and the night vision is good to very good.
Post automatically merged:

If you say so. :rolleyes:

Don't you have issues with the suction cup in the FL sun?