Dash Cam

Mike887

Does anyone know of a recommended DashCam?

When I think of gadgets like that, it reminds me of something that will last for a few months and then break.

WestSubDriver

Don't use one myself yet but see alot of discussion online of Falcon Zero F360 being a good one. Has both road and cabin cameras and apparently fairly easy to install. I haven't looked into the legal issues but pretty sure IL is a two-party consent state. Anyone know the ins and outs of this issue in IL?

chrisbk88

Don't use one myself yet but see alot of discussion online of Falcon Zero F360 being a good one. Has both road and cabin cameras and apparently fairly easy to install. I haven't looked into the legal issues but pretty sure IL is a two-party consent state. Anyone know the ins and outs of this issue in IL?
Or you could just not record the cabin and then you don't have to worry about the laws or consent. I want to record my cabin but I'm not about to get consent from every passenger that gets into my car that's too much.

SMH Uber

14699859895441494163627.jpg

I have the falcon zero f170HD+

It is a 1 lense camera that I turn around to front or back depending on the hour. I post a sign in car stating audio and video is being recorded

My rating has gone up because it and starts the conversation on why I have it.

Most all people are happy that I have it. I have had 1 clown that tried to give me grief about it. But he retreated when I treated to put him out.

Nenee

View attachment 51846

It is a 1 lense camera that I turn around to front or back depending on the hour. I post a sign in car stating audio and video is being recorded

Most all people are happy that I have it. I have had 1 clown that tried to give me grief about it. But he retreated when I treated to put him out.
View attachment 51846

Could u share more specifics about ur set up. Where is the camera positioned and where is the sign positioned. Can u send a pic of ur sign.

Also, are there any cams that record front n back?. I would think that it would be awkward to have to reposition ur camera once u realize u might have picked up a trouble maker.

Ubermchenry

Illinois law is only one person in the video has to know a bout it and thats u or u can get a a sign for each door and they can get into saying this vehicle is under video surveillance

SMH Uber

dash.jpeg
I have mine mounted just behind the rear view mirror.

Also there are cameras made by falcon that have both front and back but I don't like the viewpoints on it. You only get a 120 degrees vs with the one that I have you get a 170 degrees which shows the whole car me included

Now as far as turning it around I always turning around at night or if I sense there will be some craziness going on before they get in the car.

WestBurbsMac

I have a brand new Falcom Zero F360 if anyone wants to buy it at a steep discount. I opened it but never installed it.

As far as I know, you can get around the consent law by a) asking permission on every ride (nope), b) turning off the audio recording (you can do that on the F360), or c) adding a window sticker to inform that recording is in progress and entering the car = consent.