Dash Cam

Tysmith95

A dash-cam is literally the best investment I have ever made in my live. It has paid me back 100x over in the 8 months I've been driving. Paid 45 bucks for mine and it has made it easy to get money from a scumbag duck boat company, and got me out of a ticket when I first started.

Think of it, one accident where you're not at fault and a 45 dollar dash-cam pays for itself 23 times for Uber, and 55 times for Lyft. That plus the increase in insurance, insurance dropping you for having a James River Claim, etc makes it pay you back many times more.

And i'm talking about a forward facing dash cam. Not even a backward one. But if you're an Uber driver you should definitively have a dash cam. Not having one is playing with fire.

GET A DASHCAM.

smoran26

Anyone have recommendations for dashcams that do view both ways? I'm seeing from many drivers this is important so I'm buying one. Want one that views road and PAX. Links?

Solar

If you keep your phone on the windshield, you can use an app to use your phone's camera as a dash cam. Just search for "com.opendashcam" in the Android market (Play store) for a good example that works well with Uber.