Dash Cam... seems like a no brainer

Inshur
so many crazy drivers and pedestrians and cyclists seems like a no brainer to finally get a dash cam for safety insurance purposes.

Some dumb questions

Which one is the best?

Where do you put them?

Do you buy more than one?

Are they unattractive?

Does it record what happens inside the car?

Do passengers not like it?

Power comes from USB?

Uberinian

so many crazy drivers and pedestrians and cyclists seems like a no brainer to finally get a dash cam for safety insurance purposes.

Some dumb questions

Which one is the best?

Where do you put them?

Are they unattractive?

Power comes from USB?
Is that seriously what finally made you get a dashcam?

A dashcam should have been there waaaaayyyyy before you came to the realization pedestrians and cyclists are crazy.

It will protect you against police lies, hit and runs, accidents, bad pax, rape accusations, etc.

I have a front, rear dashcam and an interior hidden cam.

1) which one is the best? Anyone with a
Sony CMOS senor if you're looking for high quality night footage. The falcon Zero 170HD+ has been a good one for HD footage. 170 degree HD footage. 1 year warranty... Trust me you'll need warranty for dashcam as they stop working after few months.

2) I put my front dashcam centered on the passenger side with the screen always on, so it dosnt obscure my vision.

3) yes for the front and rear. However always take them off at night to prevent break in.

4) unattractive? Huh? Are you looking to marry your dashcam?

5) no only front or rear where ever you out them. For the inside you need a small hidden or get the falcon Zero that comes with the front and interior

6) don't give a fk about what the passenger thinks about it. Don't like it, go order a new car. It's for my and your protection

7) yes comes with everything.

Alone44

Did you guys know that TLC have a list of approved dash can you can use those are the only one allowed. i think if they find you using another one you get a ticket.

Punisher187

I have the VanTrue N2 and it is pretty good so far. It records the front of the vehicle and the inside. The only problem with it is that at night the inside camera is not that good.

Uberinian

Did you guys know that TLC have a list of approved dash can you can use those are the only one allowed. i think if they find you using another one you get a ticket.
Literally no one follows this rule and it's never enforced. I'm not going to use a shitty cheap Chinese dashcam they have listed that can't even read license plates from 2 feet away

Jim1985

Those are only for interior, second they aint cheap, third its only for livery bases. For outside dash cam you can use whatever you want or none at all. Lastly you dont get a ticket if you dont have one being uber based since its considered black car base.

Lenny_yellow_cab

Those are only for interior, second they aint cheap, third its only for livery bases. For outside dash cam you can use whatever you want or none at all. Lastly you dont get a ticket if you dont have one being uber based since its considered black car base.

Same thing i was gonna say.

Those cameras are for livery cars whoch are required to have an interior camera along woth trouble lights

BOO3

Some dumb questions

Which one is the best?

Where do you put them?

Are they unattractive?

Power comes from USB?
Would you like me to give you driving lessons and mouth feed you too while I'm at it?

alex97

doesnt it have to be a tlc approve camera? can somebody recomend a place where they sell and install them? what the average price of a good quality one?

Evlesoa

Dash cams are somewhat useless with Uber's Zero Tolerance policy. I went into the office today and they told me it takes three strikes to get banned or deactivated from the platform. No dash cam will beat what a passenger says about you. But, it is useful to have a dash cam as proof in arguments and proof in why you kick passengers out. I spoke to an Uber representative who told me that it is your car still, so you are able to kick people out on such grounds. Anything that comes down to he she or they said versus what you said can be fought with a camera. But this zero tolerance stuff, well, that is something you just can't fight in the end. Oh and apparently you get suspended after Zero Tolerance stuff like being reported for drinking and driving within one hour of the report. That's how Uber works. I looked this stuff up.

Ubured

Dash cams are somewhat useless with Uber's Zero Tolerance policy. I went into the office today and they told me it takes three strikes to get banned or deactivated from the platform. No dash cam will beat what a passenger says about you. But, it is useful to have a dash cam as proof in arguments and proof in why you kick passengers out. I spoke to an Uber representative who told me that it is your car still, so you are able to kick people out on such grounds. Anything that comes down to he she or they said versus what you said can be fought with a camera. But this zero tolerance stuff, well, that is something you just can't fight in the end. Oh and apparently you get suspended after Zero Tolerance stuff like being reported for drinking and driving within one hour of the report. That's how Uber works. I looked this stuff up.
rookie

Evlesoa

You say I'm a rookie but I spoke to an Uber representative at their office and he said that a dash cam will not save you if someone complains that you are drunk driving. Rookie is something someone would say if they themselves don't understand the meaning of a zero-tolerance policy. Sounds as though you are the rookie, not I.

Lenny_yellow_cab

You say I'm a rookie but I spoke to an Uber representative at their office and he said that a dash cam will not save you if someone complains that you are drunk driving. Rookie is something someone would say if they themselves don't understand the meaning of a zero-tolerance policy. Sounds as though you are the rookie, not I.

Maybe being banned from Uber wouldn't be such a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Inshur New York