Dash cam saved the day

Benjamin M

Thank you for turning it in, can be invaluable. I drove past a shooting but couldn't see anything and cops were swarming, gas station robbery. Don't think anyone was actually hit.

Stay safe out there.

Benjamin M

You hear it loudly being so close

In my entire life I was only involved in one shooting that was close. It was a block away and I floored it hard through stop signers and red lights with two female pax in the car.
Really amazing how loud a gunshot is, even from a 9mm handgun. I fired one shot at my house in the sticks for the hell of it, barely heard my phone ringing after - neighbor.

"Whatcha shootin?"

"WHAT?! Oh, a stick. I haven't fired a shot in months, I shot, I'm good" ?

My gun is also ported, so I have a V shaped fireball in addition to the noise. Fun at night.
Post automatically merged:

I smelled the gun powder on the guy walking by ....I know he did it .. The gun addict in me knows it... Very distinct smell
Love that smell

Juggalo9er

Really amazing how loud a gunshot is, even from a 9mm handgun. I fired one shot at my house in the sticks for the hell of it, barely heard my phone ringing after - neighbor.

"Whatcha shootin?"

"WHAT?! Oh, a stick. I haven't fired a shot in months, I shot, I'm good" ?

My gun is also ported, so I have a V shaped fireball in addition to the noise. Fun at night.

Love that smell
I like it as well .... Except when I know three people got shot

RogueErik

Downtown Indianapolis... My dash cam recorded a shooting... Three people were shot.... Just gave sd card to police
That’s an awesome thing you did... BUT never give the original, I have security cameras on a building and have submit NVR recordings during specific time periods / days... you can be brought in as a witness and may need to review what was recorded before testimony and getting it back is a lot more difficult than handing it over. Tell them you have dash cam footage of the event and will submit a copy in the next few days, they cover their ass you should too.... after all you could be a witness against someone who shot 3 people and you may want to make sure they go away for a while if your cooperative with the authorities...

Really amazing how loud a gunshot is, even from a 9mm handgun. I fired one shot at my house”

Don’t shoot at your house, rain will get in

Benjamin M

Don’t shoot at your house, rain will get in
Fair enough. ?

Honestly, enormous mold issues at that house. In the woods, always damp without much sun. Gutters are about to fall off because they're packed with loads of stuff that falls year round.

Now I'm living in an overpriced box. :frown:

warrior lady

I drove past a DC shooting at night back in January.. Cops had me email them the dashcam footage but we weren’t really close enough to it ( Thank God) to make out much details. Victim lived so story didn’t even make it on the news and only tiny blurb about it online... So news seems to only really report on it If victim dies.. Society has become so desensitized to the violence... There was a fatal shooting in pretty much the same area about 2 weeks prior to that... It’s been a problem area for at least half a century with drugs, gangs, and the projects... I am very cautious of that area now and have my head on a swivel when driving through it.