1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Dash cam (new drivers)

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Avion3333, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Avion3333

Avion3333 New Member

For new drivers like myself, I would advise you to invest in a dash cam, to cut a long story short, you can plea your case to the rideshare customer service representative, but as the driver you are guilty until you can prove your innocence, it’s the pax words vs u wasting ur time/breath.

Just my ✌Cents

Cableguynoe and Elmo Burrito like this.
  2. dctcmn

dctcmn Well-Known Member

I use a dash cam to protect me in any legal or insurance situations, but the footage is typically useless in an attempt to protect against pax complaints to Uber and Lyft. Generally speaking, Uber/Lyft support does not care to see dash cam footage. If the TNC brokers don't deactivate or suspend you, they're either taking your side or the accusation doesn't involve a cardinal sin or there haven't been enough complaints of the same nature against you.

Simply put, neither Uber or Lyft are going to put in the time or effort to review your dash cam footage to keep one driver on the platform.

3. Zebonkey

Zebonkey Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    The hell you say!

4. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

I use a dashcam. I have read posts saying Uber/Lyft refused to even look at dashcam video, but I've also read posts saying they dropped whatever they were investigating as soon as the driver told them they had video. Not sure whether either or both are correct.

But in the event of a possibly problematic ride I think immediate notification of support is more important. And by immediate, I mean dropoff, go offline, and message them right then.

I don't think they believe whatever they hear first, but at least if they get a complaint they will know there are two sides to the story.

RunWithScissors SLC likes this.