Dara Letter to POTUS

mellorock

If Uber took even just 1 of those Billion$ it has and divided it by 3 Million Drivers, we would all get $333 of grocery money...
I really do not care about the one percenters ,there is a lot of virtue signalling going on . I really just want to get back to a semblance of an economy .When all this stimulus quantitative easing or whatever Krugman or the other keynsians call it our money will buy less . It is more of the sugar for our addictive personalities . And to beat a dead horse a few times I was told when cigarettes get to a dollar a pack ,then I will quit . Have those people quit smoking .Maybe.✌✌✌

LADryver

I really do not care about the one percenters ,there is a lot of virtue signalling going on . I really just want to get back to a semblance of an economy .When all this stimulus quantitative easing or whatever Krugman or the other keynsians call it our money will buy less . It is more of the sugar for our addictive personalities . And to beat a dead horse a few times I was told when cigarettes get to a dollar a pack ,then I will quit . Have those people quit smoking .Maybe.✌✌✌
I can tell you that many people smoked long after that. Money was not a reason I quit. Addiction does not count money. Neither does quitting. An addiction is quit from within using tools from outside. And funny enough we still get broke anyway.

Nats121

But YOU made a choice to drive rideshare. YOU made a choice to be an independent contractor. That is not Uber's fault.

Sorry to break it to you, but Uber owes us nothing. They do not owe anyone a living.
In a previous post you stated that the readers who oppose your "props" to Dara are cynics.

You're a cynic, and this post shows how full of shit you were when you claimed to be opposed to the way Uber treats their drivers.

You're an Uber shill.
Post automatically merged:

He just gave Careem, 3 billion a few days ago.

CNN disgraced itself by allowing themselves to be a propaganda mouthpiece for Uber when they falsely described Careem as a "superapp"

Uber and Careem are unlicensed taxi companies, NOT "apps".

Uber's been lying about the true nature of their business since day one, and CNN allowed their network to be used as a vehicle to perpetuate Uber's lie.

I think Dara is under paid
A guy who owns a 3 bay mechanic shop can make 300,000 shouldn’t Dara make at least 1 million ? Owner of the mechanic shops only has less than 10 employees and not much responsibility.
Athletes, Musicians, and Actors make more than him. They should be all paid less than Dara👍
Dara has millions of drivers under him, then Uber eats and Uber. If Dara made 45 million last year, he is way underpaid if you compare him to the owner of the mechanic shop.
Nobody is stopping you guys from becoming the next Dara. He is a freaking Iranian ... he had no advantages over any of you guys😉
Directors /Celebrities who don’t work for Uber every day - they should be canned. No stock options for them.
Now, if he is good person, donate some of his moneys to good causes will be a good idea👍
Trump has more than 300 million people "under" him, so by your argument his salary should be in the billions of dollars.

Last edited:

New Uber

I have to give him credit here. No matter what one thinks of what DC should or should not do, if they are going to pass a bill that aims to give relief to people, then gig economy workers should not be left out.

You are incredibly naive. Trump has no time in his schedule to stop everything and read a letter from Dara.

Also, a true leader would take immediate action. This letter is way too late and basicially it says we (FUber) have no intention to give our drivers a dime. So we (FUber) is desperately hoping for a gov't bailout, because once again we (FUber) have no plans at all do anything .

What happened to the cleaning supplies that were promised. Not even that.

got a p

Trump doesn't have to read the letter, it just has to make the news. It looks like we are getting unemployment guys, check out the latest news or just Google Uber unemployment and click news.

It is in the bill that is hopefully going to be signed into law today. Something about every American gets $600/week plus an amount based on your earnings, including Uber drivers, but it's pretty vague and I may have misread it.

ZepFan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In a previous post you stated that the readers who oppose your "props" to Dara are cynics.

You're a cynic, and this post shows how full of shit you were when you claimed to be opposed to the way Uber treats their drivers.

You're an Uber shill.

CNN disgraced itself by allowing themselves to be a propaganda mouthpiece for Uber when they falsely described Careem as a "superapp"

Uber and Careem are unlicensed taxi companies, NOT "apps".

Uber's been lying about the true nature of their business since day one, and CNN allowed their network to be used as a vehicle to perpetuate Uber's lie.

Trump has more than 300 million people "under" him, so by your argument his salary should be in the billions of dollars.
Who the @@@@ are you? You read one post from me and draw conclusions? Take a hike.

You are incredibly naive. Trump has no time in his schedule to stop everything and read a letter from Dara.

Also, a true leader would take immediate action. This letter is way too late and basicially it says we (FUber) have no intention to give our drivers a dime. So we (FUber) is desperately hoping for a gov't bailout, because once again we (FUber) have no plans at all do anything .

What happened to the cleaning supplies that were promised. Not even that.
Uber is not being any different than the vast majority of companies right now. What makes you think they would pay you money when they are losing customers? Makes no sense.

Last edited:

moJohoJo

We'd have been better off without that letter. He is so hated that the federal government will ensure they don't pay us anything, just out of spite. If I was Trump, I'd tell Dara to administer his own relief package to us.
And if i were, Trump I'd say " go to hell you miserable piece of human waste " .

LADryver

INTENSIVE REMINDER (RE: EXPENDABLE) : UBER/LYFT DWE, THE DRIVERS, THE REAL DRIVING FORCE, THE REVENUE GENERATORS FOR UBER/LYFT

"EXPENDABLE" --- UBER/LYFT WILL ALWAYS CHARTER ITS DRIVERS AS "EASY TO REPLACE" WORKHORSE" BECAUSE UBER/LYFT 🖕🖕🖕 HAVE/HAD FIGURED OUT FROM THE "GET GO" THAT MEN & WOMEN FOOLED TO DO THIS JOB HAVE TO BE "DESPERATE PEOPLE" LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVE INCOME & WORK FLEXIBILITY. IN REALITY, AS FAR AS "FLEX" IS CONCERNED ... NOT REALLY COZ THOUSANDS HAVE TO DRIVE LONG HOURS TO MAKE REASONABLE INCOME. REALIZE IT OR NOT, IT'S THAT "$LAVE DRIVEN MENTALITY" THAT UBER/LYFT (CEO/EXEC) HAVE INJECTED IN THEIR WHOLE BEING WHY DRIVERS ARE DEEMED EXPENDABLE. UNLESS, THE MAJORITY OF DRIVERS QUIT ALTOGETHER TO MAKE UBER/LYFT FEEL THEY ARE NOT IN CONTROL, ONLY THEN DRIVERS AND DOING RIDESHARE CAN BE A FAIR & BENEFICIAL INCOME OPPORTUNITY. ☯☯☯
Ditch the uppercase.

They could have tried that, but, not surprisingly, they went a different way: the greatest possible number of drivers, with the lowest possible price to potential riders, so that they can get the largest possible customer base. It appears that the objective was to get the largest possible number of people using the service, even if it meant extremely large short-term losses, with the hope that they could sustain those losses until SDVs were available, and drivers could be eliminated altogether -- and even that route seems wildly implausible to me. As far as I can see, that would have been the only possible long-term plan to financial viability. That plan doesn't include any drivers, of course: they were always expendable.
With self-driving cars in their sights it is very clear that human use is a stepping stone. But, in order for self-driving cars to emerge as a significant threat to humans they have to be three things first. They have to be viable. With AI and some very sophisticated models they can be. They have to be affordable. Not much of a chance in the foreseeable future. They have to be purchased by Uber in the same numbers as drivers have been driving who provide their own cars. Uber wont be inclined to make that large of an investment that would entail maintenance. Both Uber Leasing and Fair have proven losses on the books. I do not therefore buy in to the drivers being expendable argument but drivers are in numbers individually expendable under the present assembly line. If someone as Dara claims, gets shut out of an opportunity, it is first the driver treated without respect, not the driver who is capacity-controlled from the platform.

Last edited:

JohnnyBravo836

With self-driving cars in their sights it is very clear that human use is a stepping stone. But, in order for self-driving cars to emerge as a significant threat to humans they have to be three things first. They have to be viable. With AI and some very sophisticated models they can be. They have to be affordable. Not much of a chance in the foreseeable future. They have to be purchased by Uber in the same numbers as drivers have been driving who provide their own cars. Uber wont be inclined to make that large of an investment that would entail maintenance. Both Uber Leasing and Fair have proven losses on the books. I do not therefore buy in to the drivers being expendable argument but drivers are in numbers individually expendable under the present assembly line. If someone as Dara claims, gets shut out of an opportunity, it is first the driver treated without respect, not the driver who is capacity-controlled from the platform.
I don't think replacing all the drivers with SDVs is really a reasonable, workable plan, but I still think that that was and probably still is their plan, however harebrained it might be. :wink:

LADryver

I don't think replacing all the drivers with SDVs is really a reasonable, workable plan, but I still think that that was and probably still is their plan, however harebrained it might be. :wink:
The plan is determined by the governance, being the Board of Directors and CEO. Kapernick is no longer there, and they have had shakedowns, shakeups, and causes for reevaluations. They have never been as goal-focused as the example of Elon Musk and his ventures. They are like plants that tilt towards the sunlight.

Cossio

I have faith in the head honchos of Uber. They've always done right by us. Giving us a great part time gig. Having fun while making a boat load of money doing a job we love.

Uber will take care of us. Beleive it.
Instead of Howard the Duck, change your avatar to Boxer from Animal Farm.

ZepFan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, this seems kind of ironic now. Dara penned the letter saying to help the drivers and he didn't want a bailout. Well, the drivers are going to be helped and now they are not going to drive at all. And Dara will not be getting a bailout either. Gotta laugh at those apples.

simont23

What a prize fuccckkkwwwit. Obvious self interest here. All Uber drivers have to stop work out of their own self interest.