Dara Letter to POTUS

Uberx24

Dara is a POS, didn't he came out a few days ago saying he is sitting in a pile of cash to get thru this(10 billion), who he thinks made all that money for him, his fuber slaves, now he's looking at the government to bail us out, while he keep all the profit?? Gtfo..

FlyingFortress

Author
ZepFan, for me, you’re being a bit too generous in your analysis of DARA’s public relations letter. It’s clear to me that what he’s written, while neat and slick, remains totally self-serving. Uber’s only concern here, from a hard, actual dollars and cents point of view is maintaining his distance and any responsibility from having to share their existing windfall of cash, earned on our backs, with the suffering driver corps. (Compensating drivers for an undisclosed and “variable” amount once they’re infected and have jumped through hoops to prove it, is laughable).

Dara is feigning a position of corporate responsibility while hoping to deflect any suggestion that HE MIGHT, say, send all drivers the check for $1200. THAT would get my attention and, beyond his slick words, convince me that he was trying.

Instead, here, he tries to throw the decade-long legacy of Uber’s corporate malfeasance onto the government who is now, also in the media’s crosshairs. No, UBER continues to own its decade-long abuse of drivers. But nice try, Dara.

But Dara is effective in resurrecting his quest for a third category of worker/corporate relationships where driver flexibility is maintained, while the corporation continues to distance itself from fair and equitable driver compensation. The Coronavirus crisis is a real crisis and as might be expected, UBER will not let a good crisis go to waste. OMG, we’re not stupid.

Dara continues to skirt any direct connection between the $billions in cash that he has on hand today with any idea of sharing any of it to immediately help alleviate his drivers’ pain. This cash retention policy would immediately appeal to the shareholders. To me, this is unconscionable And makes the letter an insult to our intelligence.

Cigars

Oh my God!!!

The arrogance.
What this letter says is that the federal government should immediately treat starving drivers as "employees" and not contractors. (Because we are not really contractors and we are completely thrown under the bus by not being eligible for either "employee federal/state help" or "contractor/business" federal/state help).
But Please, Please, Please!! do not call us employees and don't call Uber a transportation company, because that would be detrimental to "our business model" and the stockholders.

The hypocrisy and repugnance.
Most of the letter is a plea not to regulate Uber and call it what it really is.
And the government should bail out drivers while Uber keeps its cash in profound emergency.

They keep on calling their $400 one time payment to a driver who has a disease that might kill him and got it from work "a 14 financial assistance package".
The goal is to get us to tell Uber we are infected and need to be deactivated.
Because if we do not tell Uber we are each a dozen lawsuits waiting to happen.

FlyingFortress

Author
Oh my God!!!

The arrogance.
What this letter says is that the federal government should immediately treat starving drivers as "employees" and not contractors. (Because we are not really contractors and we are completely thrown under the bus by not being eligible for either "employee federal/state help" or "contractor/business" federal/state help).
But Please, Please, Please!! do not call us employees and don't call Uber a transportation company, because that would be detrimental to "our business model" and the stockholders.

The hypocrisy and repugnance.
Most of the letter is a plea not to regulate Uber and call it what it really is.
And the government should bail out drivers while Uber keeps its cash in profound emergency.

They keep on calling their $400 one time payment to a driver who has a disease that might kill him and got it from work "a 14 financial assistance package".
The goal is to get us to tell Uber we are infected and need to be deactivated.
Because if we do not tell Uber we are each a dozen lawsuits waiting to happen.
Cigars, my sentiments exactly. Except I'd suggest adding: HUBRIS, GREED, AUDICY AND TOTAL, UNABASHED CONTEMPTUOUSNESS!

Attention Uber/Lyft Drivers: JUST DO IT!!! --- QUIT DRIVING & PREVENT GETTING COVID-19, AND MOST RELEVANT >>> STOP UBER & LYFT, ITS CEO & SHAREHOLDERS/INVESTORS FROM RUNNING THIS MODERN DAY SLAVERY/TYRANNY ... Find other legit source of income. Maybe not so much at this time, but it's out there!

STOP UBER & LYFT. QUIT DRIVING RIGHT NOW AND DON'T BE A VICTIM OF COVID-19 AND UBER/LYFT SLAVERY SYSTEM.
Screenshot_20200323-112517.png

JohnnyBravo836

LOL. I should have known better than to give Dara any props around here. And I'm usually the cynical one!
Well, it's perfectly obvious that he's not saying any of that out of sincere concern for the drivers, so no one should give him credit for anything other than a transparent BS public relations move. He's just trying to protect his business; if this becomes a long slog and goes on for months or more, ridership might fall off to next to nothing, and then many riders might realize that they don't need Uber, and never come back!

Cynergie

Dara is a POS, didn't he came out a few days ago saying he is sitting in a pile of cash to get thru this(10 billion), who he thinks made all that money for him, his fuber slaves, now he's looking at the government to bail us out, while he keep all the profit?? Gtfo..
Yet another 2008-2009 corporate bailout. Just like the auto industry. All because the CEO, other company execs and board of directors SUCK at running the company. Uber might have had a chance at being a successful business if TK (and now DK) had thought to LIMIT AND RESTRICT driver access to the app. Less drivers = growing a rideshare fleet of more experienced/safer vet drivers = higher wages because the industry isn't being over saturated with drivers.

Just like how it was in the golden era when Uber was in its infancy in the 2010-2012 time frame. Where drivers were making over $80k per yr, highly motivated to work and brag about all the complimentary luxuries (water, mints, USB service etc) they were offering pax. Back then competition in the driving community was more comraderie based. But reality had to ultimately intrude. With TK's selfish vision to rapidly expand Uber and create a monopoly by oversaturating the market pretty much eliminated any chance for a fair wage. So instead of making a decent wage, today drivers have to fight amongst themselves over the crumbs--and not slice--of an ever shrinking pie
Post automatically merged:

Attention Uber/Lyft Drivers: JUST DO IT!!! --- QUIT DRIVING & PREVENT GETTING COVID-19, AND MOST RELEVANT >>> STOP UBER & LYFT, ITS CEO & SHAREHOLDERS/INVESTORS FROM RUNNING THIS MODERN DAY SLAVERY/TYRANNY ... Find other legit source of income. Maybe not so much at this time, but it's out there!

STOP UBER & LYFT. QUIT DRIVING RIGHT NOW AND DON'T BE A VICTIM OF COVID-19 AND UBER/LYFT SLAVERY SYSTEM. View attachment 435745
Ironically, NOW would be a good time to have a nation wide strike by all driver ICs. First because you've got nothing to loose from doing it thanks to Covid 19. Second--and most importantly of all--doing this would obliterate whatever meager business Uber has remaining in local markets here in the US. Another strike right now would really hit them in the family jewels IMO

Invisible

LOL. I should have known better than to give Dara any props around here. And I'm usually the cynical one!
A detest Uber, but I’m thankful Dara did send a letter.

Word is getting around, not just for drivers, but all self-employed people who need to be included in the stimulus.

JohnnyBravo836

Uber might have had a chance at being a successful business if TK (and now DK) had thought to LIMIT AND RESTRICT driver access to the app. Less drivers = growing a rideshare fleet of more experienced/safer vet drivers = higher wages because the industry isn't being over saturated with drivers.
They could have tried that, but, not surprisingly, they went a different way: the greatest possible number of drivers, with the lowest possible price to potential riders, so that they can get the largest possible customer base. It appears that the objective was to get the largest possible number of people using the service, even if it meant extremely large short-term losses, with the hope that they could sustain those losses until SDVs were available, and drivers could be eliminated altogether -- and even that route seems wildly implausible to me. As far as I can see, that would have been the only possible long-term plan to financial viability. That plan doesn't include any drivers, of course: they were always expendable.

Last edited:

WindyCityAnt

I have to give him credit here. No matter what one thinks of what DC should or should not do, if they are going to pass a bill that aims to give relief to people, then gig economy workers should not be left out.

I don’t trust him .
Post automatically merged:

Should
He just gave Careem, 3 billion a few days ago.

Should we invest in careem???