• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Dangerous Rider?

I picked up this "lady" on Doubleday St. in Binghamton yesterday afternoon (March 23, 18) - one out of almost 1000 rides that gave me chills. I felt not safe the minutes she came in. I wish drivers could be warned about riders like her in some way. Or, sadly, there may be areas of town which should be avoided. First thing she did was grabbed my iphone "to show me how to use my drivers app". I thought she will run away with it. She gave it back but tried the same thing again a bit later. In the mid time gave orders: "turn right I said" and "turn left I said" and there like. Anyone had her before? I can't imagine I could be her first Uber experience. Like most of us, I give everyone 5 stars, but she got one, of course. Yet this is not enough. She should be stopped. But how?

Pax Collector

I picked up this "lady" on Doubleday St. in Binghamton yesterday afternoon (March 23, 18) - one out of almost 1000 rides that gave me chills. I felt not safe the minutes she came in. I wish drivers could be warned about riders like her in some way. Or, sadly, there may be areas of town which should be avoided. First thing she did was grabbed my iphone "to show me how to use my drivers app". I thought she will run away with it. She gave it back but tried the same thing again a bit later. In the mid time gave orders: "turn right I said" and "turn left I said" and there like. Anyone had her before? I can't imagine I could be her first Uber experience. Like most of us, I give everyone 5 stars, but she got one, of course. Yet this is not enough. She should be stopped. But how?
What was her rating?

Blatherskite

My kid wanted to order from Amazon.com a dummy iPhone 7 which shocks the person you hand it to; it's a prank, novelty device. Maybe now I see it has other utility.

Pax Collector

I did not know; always accepted all calls. 15 sec? Do you manage to be selective?
One of the most important things to pay attention is riders' ratings before accepting requests. I've attached a sample for you to look at. Don't take any requests. Look at their rating, how far away they are, whether it's a surge or not, and so forth. You might have avoided that rider had you looked at her rating beforehand as I'm pretty sure it'd at least be in the low 4s for her behavior. Try to avoid anyone rated 4.6 and below if you can.

Attachments