Dang kids

DChiUber

I love taking 3 spoiled brats from Deal via Brooklyn who are very demanding smelling horrible. Besides the horrible smell they got, you don't demand an AUX cord, music plastic, yelling out the window. Is there a minimum age for kids to use uber?

Golf75830

I love taking 3 spoiled brats from Deal via Brooklyn who are very demanding smelling horrible. Besides the horrible smell they got, you don't demand an AUX cord, music plastic, yelling out the window. Is there a minimum age for kids to use uber?
Rules are slightly different between Uber and Lyft.
Lyft allows riders under the age of 18, so long as the parent or guardian ordered the ride.
Uber does not allow riders under the age of 18, unless parent or guardian who ordered the ride accompanies them on the trip. Be careful about picking up minors because Uber's insurance will not cover you or the minor in the event of an accident.

14gIV

Question: "Is there a minimum age for kids to use uber?"

lol its no wonder you drivers are always the lead story on the news

chevelle454

Rules are slightly different between Uber and Lyft.
Lyft allows riders under the age of 18, so long as the parent or guardian ordered the ride.
Uber does not allow riders under the age of 18, unless parent or guardian who ordered the ride accompanies them on the trip. Be careful about picking up minors because Uber's insurance will not cover you or the minor in the event of an accident.
Well here's the phone # s for James Rivers . They say no exclusion on coverage but call for yourself . Some 15 year olds look plus 20 and some plus 20's look 15 . I'm not carding people but uber should be more transparent about this policy in clear non legal terms .

image.png

Golf75830

Well here's the phone # s for James Rivers . They say no exclusion on coverage but call for yourself . Some 15 year olds look plus 20 and some plus 20's look 15 . I'm not carding people but uber should be more transparent about this policy in clear non legal terms .

View attachment 52469
No need to call the insurance company. If an adult who orders the Uber is also with their child, they are covered. If they ride solo, with other minors, or use someone else's account, they are NOT covered and neither is the driver. It's a violation of Uber's Terms of Service. Straight from Uber's website.
User Requirements and Conduct.
The Service is not available for use by persons under the age of 18.
You may not authorize third parties to use your Account, and you may not allow persons under the age of 18 to receive transportation or logistics services from Third Party Providers unless they are accompanied by you. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your Account to any other person or entity. You agree to comply with all applicable laws when using the Services, and you may only use the Services for lawful purposes (e.g., no transport of unlawful or hazardous materials). You will not in your use of the Services cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage, whether to the Third Party Provider or any other party. In certain instances you may be asked to provide proof of identity to access or use the Services, and you agree that you may be denied access to or use of the Services if you refuse to provide proof of identity.

SurgeorSuckit

I'm sure every driver has passengers under 18 at one point or another..and still drives them to their destination.

chevelle454

No need to call the insurance company. If an adult who orders the Uber is also with their child, they are covered. If they ride solo, with other minors, or use someone else's account, they are NOT covered and neither is the driver. It's a violation of Uber's Terms of Service. Straight from Uber's website.
You may not authorize third parties to use your Account, and you may not allow persons under the age of 18 to receive transportation or logistics services from Third Party Providers unless they are accompanied by you. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your Account to any other person or entity. You agree to comply with all applicable laws when using the Services, and you may only use the Services for lawful purposes (e.g., no transport of unlawful or hazardous materials). You will not in your use of the Services cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage, whether to the Third Party Provider or any other party. In certain instances you may be asked to provide proof of identity to access or use the Services, and you agree that you may be denied access to or use of the Services if you refuse to provide proof of identity.
Seeing I'm not a lawyer and I doubt you are but I do know how to read.
In the above you means the account holder passenger.
We're the 3rd party provider mentioned .
This is from uber but still need more This is John from Uber Support Team, I´m happy to clarify the Terms and Conditions of Uber Use.

"All rider must be at least 18 years of age, or the age of legal majority in your jurisdiction (if different than 18), to obtain an Account. The riders may not authorize third parties to use your Account, and they may not allow persons under the age of 18 to receive transportation or logistics services from Third Party Providers unless they are accompanied by the account holder."

This agreement protects both riders and drivers in legal terms. You should not ask for identification from anyone, it is assumed in good faith that the rider is eligible to apply for the service. However, if you believe the rider is a minor, is your right to ask for identification and refuse service if need be.

You are able to see more information clicking this Link.

I'm happy to help you with this matter. Remember that we are available 24/7 to answer your questions and concerns.

Take care and have a great Wednesday.

They leave it up to us so to me it's a gray area that needs to be explained better

Golf75830

I'm not sure what it is your not understanding Chevelle. Your post just reiterates what's already been said.
You must be 18 to have an account and ride alone. COVERED.
If you're not 18, you must be accompanied by account holder. COVERED.
If you're not 18, and not accompanied by account holder, YOUR NOT COVERED. That is why Service is to be REFUSED.
Not sure why the repost by you.

TheNJBen

You mean if like the pick up is for Molly and only lets say someone who looks more like a Bob gets in the car I should care him?

chevelle454

I'm not sure what it is your not understanding Chevelle. Your post just reiterates what's already been said.
If you're not 18, and not accompanied by account holder, YOUR NOT COVERED. That is why Service is to be REFUSED.
This agreement protects both riders and drivers in legal terms. You should not ask for identification from anyone, it is assumed in good faith that the rider is eligible to apply for the service. However, if you believe the rider is a minor, is your right to ask for identification and refuse service if need be.
This is why we have Lawyers..
Not to complicated. What sounds simple and obvious in our legal system is never obvious to non lawyers. And we're not Lawyers that's why the repost

Undermensch

Stop it. It's also against the terms of service for the rider to beat the driver, but you can bet that is covered.

Undermensch

No. If they are under 18 and ordered a ride in violation of the TOS, that is on them, not you. You can bet that if they tried to deny coverage and you sued you would win.

Now, is it worth the trouble? Probably not.

Golf75830

No. If they are under 18 and ordered a ride in violation of the TOS, that is on them, not you. You can bet that if they tried to deny coverage and you sued you would win.

Now, is it worth the trouble? Probably not.
I completely disagree 100%. Uber will claim driver TOS violation. It is the driver's responsibility to KNOW and FOLLOW all TOS, at all times, and verify pick up info.
Scenario: You pick up a pax 17 years old. Sake of argument, they look over 18. You don't ask for I.D. But, a male ordered the ride and the pickup is a female. (This has happened to me many times). Regardless of gender, if the pax is under 18, they didn't order the pickup anyway.
You get into a wreck mid-trip. Made a left turn into oncoming car who had the right of way. Driver fault. Pax is injured, not severely, but taken away by ambulance. Medical bill is about $10,000.00.
Anticipated Result: Uber denies claim to pax injuries. Driver failed to follow TOS. Rider didn't match pickup name, rider under 18 riding solo. Legal fine print, they can deny coverage. Vehicle damage claim denied. Driver gets dropped from personal auto policy. Pax sues driver.
Just my two cents on how it would go down legally. Fine to disagree, but sounds like your being very naive. Sure, you could sue Uber and get into litigation. But that's BIG BIG bucks for the lawyer, even if you do end up winning. Good question by the OP.