1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Damn uber XL is expensive!

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by Raider, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Raider

Raider

Driving:
    UberX
    My friends and I took one this morning, 4 of us with 4 luggage. Didn't wanna get an uber X because we know it'll be too small, but going from Springfield to Rosslyn was $48! No traffic, 20 minute ride, 14.1 miles. That's pretty good money. Definitely more than a cab.

The dude texted me asking where I'm going too before he came. Which I told him, and then he agreed to come. Old model minivan, gave him $5 tip and a 5 star rating. Am I being too nice since I'm a driver and I know the struggles?

Casuale Haberdasher likes this.
  2. Nope...sounds fair/fare

3. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    No.
    Identical to my Grand Caravan cab 14 miles with 4 people.
    Uberite Pax are just spoiled by artificially low prices.

Casuale Haberdasher, Jose_A and Emp9 like this.
  4. Ubermanpt

Ubermanpt

Short trips you don't notice as much but when I give longer trips (20 minutes or more) you start to notice. Made my night last week taking a single woman from friendship heights to Vienna (about 25 minutes) when fare showed $56. All highway miles and no traffic.
    Problem driving xl is pings are further apart and not as many, and when you work weekend nights you deal with 6 drunk pax instead of 2

5. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    He shouldn't have asked where you were going. Shame on him. XL rates aren't that low

Qwert1234 likes this.
  6. That's true

7. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI

You will, of course, be aware, that it is this part of your post that earned you the "like" from me.

Indeed, shame upon him. At the very least, I would have deducted stars or funds (from the tip), if I did give one. This assumes that I would have answered his question, or even taken the ride in the first place. Depending on the timing of the text (less than three mintues), I might have responded with a cancellation. I might not have responded at all and let him cancel. If I could not get another ride, I would have forwarded the text to Uber.

The standard to which a cab driver is held is "is you is or is you ain't working". As one of my laments about Uber is that it is not subject to the same overregulation that I am, I am not averse to try to hold it to that overregulation in any form that I can.

8. THE MAN!

THE MAN!

Not really! This is the problem with Uber, they have many thinking UberX is the norm. 4 people, baggage, on demand in minutes, direct point to point for $48. Metro would of been less but not direct. Lugging your baggage through metro, not to speak of getting yourself to metro and amount of time metro process would of taken. Only $8-$10 more per person vs metro. A BARGAIN!!!

Scenicruiser and TwoFiddyMile like this.
  9. Emp9

Emp9

Driving:
    UberX
    4 ppl 12$ each. uberx prices has everyone thinking $1-2 a person is fair.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  10. XL prices are fair to me, Now when I was in denver I tested out Select and Black.. For my select ride was an older BMW X5, trip was about a mile, fare was 10 dollar min..We really need select for DC and RVA

Had an XL call in reston, single pax who for some reason thought she would luck up and get a BLACK SUV driver who was taking XL calls,said soory hope my CX-9 isn't too bad. dropped off @ the trump golf club in sterling, was about 60 dollars

JayDMV likes this.
  11. THE MAN!

THE MAN!

Just another flaw in the Uber system, inconsistity! Not to speak of screwing over the Black drivers with lessor requests.

12. Ubermanpt

Ubermanpt

Half my xl rides tonight could have chosen x instead but picked xl. Think smart riders look for closest car and don't mind paying to get an xl faster.

Jose_A likes this.
  13. Ubermanpt

Ubermanpt

3 of my 4 xl rides today were a single woman, a couple, and 3 people. Enjoy those smaller xl groups. Did $60 net in 2 hours tonight, was busy

Jose_A and Scenicruiser like this.
  14. Jose_A

Jose_A

Driving:
    UberXL
    The best rides are XL requests for 4 or less pax.

CommanderXL and Scenicruiser like this.
  15. Ubermanpt

Ubermanpt

Last night again got a single woman, a couple , and 3 pax all xl, so nice instead of full car.

16. you see the fare estimate before you book the trip you should have seen how much it will cost before you make a decision before booking the ride. At least you get to see the rating before you get the ride.

17. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Maybe he had to be somewhere in an hour and couldn't take a long trip in the opposite direction. Better if he couldn't take you to find out ASAP rather than when the driver arrives.

18. cubanito1

cubanito1

Driving:
    UberX
    Had XL driver pick me up from DCA today in a suburban. Car seat needed, no surge. I thanked him, tipped him and was grateful he took an UberX ping!!

19. nutzareus

nutzareus

Driving:
    UberX
    He won't be driving long...

20. Jose_A

Jose_A

Driving:
    UberXL
    Why the hell would a guy with a suburban ever voluntarily drive X?! They're horrible on gas, and if it's new enough, he can get licensed and drive black/SUV. I don't even do X with a Sienna.