• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Dallas Here

oohaygoog

Hello my lyft driver experience sharers:

I am new to it and I love it. But, it is easy for me to love it when it is not my sole source of income or that it has to do with my income at all. This, as you can see, could add an element completely different than those who do it to earn a living. So, for those of you that do, this is absolutely no disrespect to you nor am I in any way under minding any compliant by any driver. If it were my income and not a "hobby", believe me, this comment would not be this version. But, I also do it to meet people, to do almost a "people survey". Hear too much stuff about how there is so much tension and everyone divided and non sense about "groups". There are groups no one even was asked if they wanted to be put and some you don't even know you have been put in.

The DFW news has you believing there are just wars everywhere out in the streets as well as making sure they site "groups of people" by putting people into "categories" they made up. knowing this is just false, so, I thought it would be an interesting idea to go out on the road and check this out. Decided to drive for lyft in order to accomplish this, and hey, nothing wrong with earning some money along the way right? Been doing it since March or so and here are my findings: In the time & space we live in, I am continually surprised and refreshed to meet such heroic, honest, intelligent, kind, appreciative, caring, protective, generous, open, humble, trustworthy, fun loving, funny, understanding, delightful, sweet people!!! All with very interesting and unique personalities and stories. These are people of all ages, all different lifestyles, different professions, different education levels, different socio-economic, ethnic, & culture backgrounds, different races with different language nuances, and people from all different states and all counties! Each person different in an entire infinite way, yet the same, all of us.

The cool part is of course learning about another, but it is also the over all unsaid, known fact that we are alike. The opportunity to get to meet such a vast variety of people is too great in itself but to also get to observe this social situation is very hopeful in a very long term meaning. I heard someone say there was a story about the folks who started ebay and someone told them it would never work because the consensus of the nay-Sayers was that the "westerners" would just rip each other off. Or, in other words, we were incapable of the type of integrity it took to pull it off. ebay has been one of the biggest on line trading companies of this century. I love that story. I love all of my riders, they keep me laughing and feeling young, love the other drivers and the designers of lyft even though I should have thought of it first. LOL thanks. with love, Lana.

Oh yea, may have figured out what that bond is....we are all American, no matter who we are. Funny, if I went anywhere in the world and became a citizen, I would not become Japanese, Spanish, Hawaiian, Russian, Italian, Jamaican, or any other nationality. To be an American is a belief based on a value and an unsaid bond that we all hold dear.I think that is nice. Lana Kocorek

R3drang3r

I am new to it and I love it. But, it is easy for me to love it when it is not my sole source of income or that it has to do with my income at all. This, as you can see, could add an element completely different than those who do it to earn a living. So, for those of you that do, this is absolutely no disrespect to you nor am I in any way under minding any compliant by any driver. If it were my income and not a "hobby", believe me, this comment would not be this version. But, I also do it to meet people, to do almost a "people survey". Hear too much stuff about how there is so much tension and everyone divided and non sense about "groups". There are groups no one even was asked if they wanted to be put and some you don't even know you have been put in. The DFW news has you believing there are just wars everywhere out in the streets as well as making sure they site "groups of people" by putting people into "categories" they made up. knowing this is just false, so, I thought it would be an interesting idea to go out on the road and check this out. Decided to drive for lyft in order to accomplish this, and hey, nothing wrong with earning some money along the way right? Been doing it since March or so and here are my findings: In the time & space we live in, I am continually surprised and refreshed to meet such heroic, honest, intelligent, kind, appreciative, caring, protective, generous, open, humble, trustworthy, fun loving, funny, understanding, delightful, sweet people!!! All with very interesting and unique personalities and stories. These are people of all ages, all different lifestyles, different professions, different education levels, different socio-economic, ethnic, & culture backgrounds, different races with different language nuances, and people from all different states and all counties! Each person different in an entire infinite way, yet the same, all of us. The cool part is of course learning about another, but it is also the over all unsaid, known fact that we are alike. The opportunity to get to meet such a vast variety of people is too great in itself but to also get to observe this social situation is very hopeful in a very long term meaning. I heard someone say there was a story about the folks who started ebay and someone told them it would never work because the consensus of the nay-Sayers was that the "westerners" would just rip each other off. Or, in other words, we were incapable of the type of integrity it took to pull it off. ebay has been one of the biggest on line trading companies of this century. I love that story. I love all of my riders, they keep me laughing and feeling young, love the other drivers and the designers of lyft even though I should have thought of it first. LOL thanks. with love, Lana. Oh yea, may have figured out what that bond is....we are all American, no matter who we are. Funny, if I went anywhere in the world and became a citizen, I would not become Japanese, Spanish, Hawaiian, Russian, Italian, Jamaican, or any other nationality. To be an American is a belief based on a value and an unsaid bond that we all hold dear.I think that is nice. Lana Kocorek
Greetings!

You lost me after hello?

reg barclay

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I don't know much about Dallas. Hope to visit your great State for myself someday and find out more.

oohaygoog

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Greetings!

You lost me after hello?
My bad, I thought this was a "lyft" & "UBER" driver forum. Key word being driver. Sorry if this is strictly an UBER forum. I am an uber driver to as of today. Lana

MHR

Okay, make fun of me for making it fun and for liking people generally speaking. Way to make a new person to this forum feel welcome.
Welcome to the forum.

Don’t mind the welcoming committee, most members are using their phones to read the forum so when a large post appears it can be hard to read and digest all the information.

Make sure you check out the Dallas forum as well. :smiles:

Coachman

Hello Lana,

Have you surveyed the scene at the staging area at DFW airport? I'm curious to hear your reflections on this sub group of Dallasites.

Side Hustle

I am new to it and I love it. But, it is easy for me to love it when it is not my sole source of income or that it has to do with my income at all. This, as you can see, could add an element completely different than those who do it to earn a living. So, for those of you that do, this is absolutely no disrespect to you nor am I in any way under minding any compliant by any driver. If it were my income and not a "hobby", believe me, this comment would not be this version. But, I also do it to meet people, to do almost a "people survey". Hear too much stuff about how there is so much tension and everyone divided and non sense about "groups". There are groups no one even was asked if they wanted to be put and some you don't even know you have been put in.

The DFW news has you believing there are just wars everywhere out in the streets as well as making sure they site "groups of people" by putting people into "categories" they made up. knowing this is just false, so, I thought it would be an interesting idea to go out on the road and check this out. Decided to drive for lyft in order to accomplish this, and hey, nothing wrong with earning some money along the way right? Been doing it since March or so and here are my findings: In the time & space we live in, I am continually surprised and refreshed to meet such heroic, honest, intelligent, kind, appreciative, caring, protective, generous, open, humble, trustworthy, fun loving, funny, understanding, delightful, sweet people!!! All with very interesting and unique personalities and stories. These are people of all ages, all different lifestyles, different professions, different education levels, different socio-economic, ethnic, & culture backgrounds, different races with different language nuances, and people from all different states and all counties! Each person different in an entire infinite way, yet the same, all of us.

The cool part is of course learning about another, but it is also the over all unsaid, known fact that we are alike. The opportunity to get to meet such a vast variety of people is too great in itself but to also get to observe this social situation is very hopeful in a very long term meaning. I heard someone say there was a story about the folks who started ebay and someone told them it would never work because the consensus of the nay-Sayers was that the "westerners" would just rip each other off. Or, in other words, we were incapable of the type of integrity it took to pull it off. ebay has been one of the biggest on line trading companies of this century. I love that story. I love all of my riders, they keep me laughing and feeling young, love the other drivers and the designers of lyft even though I should have thought of it first. LOL thanks. with love, Lana.

Oh yea, may have figured out what that bond is....we are all American, no matter who we are. Funny, if I went anywhere in the world and became a citizen, I would not become Japanese, Spanish, Hawaiian, Russian, Italian, Jamaican, or any other nationality. To be an American is a belief based on a value and an unsaid bond that we all hold dear.I think that is nice. Lana Kocorek
LMAO. You will learn. Don’t forget to chase the surge and wait in the Airport staging area as often as possible.