1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured DACA ..uber loves you

Discussion in 'Other' started by RogerJS, Sep 8, 2017.

1. RogerJS

RogerJS Well-Known Member

With the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program set to end in 6 months, we’re offering help to members of our driving community affected by this policy change. If you’re a DACA recipient, Uber stands with you. Here’s the support that we’re pledging to you and your loved ones:

• We’re committing $500,000 to fund legal support and assistance to DACA recipients, with a focus on cities where Dreamers need the most help.

• We’ll be hosting town halls at Greenlight Hubs in areas of the country where many Dreamers live. Immigration lawyers will be on site to answer questions. You’re welcome to bring anyone you care about who’s been affected by this policy change. Learn more and RSVP here.

• For anyone unable to attend in person, we're hosting virtual town halls with immigration lawyers that you can attend online.

• We’ve launched a Dreamer Resource Center, which includes FAQs created by legal experts that can be found on our website here.
    We’ll continue to defend our community and what we believe is right. Thank you for driving with Uber.

Rachel Holt
    Regional General Manager, U.S. & Canada

-----
    All you DACA dreamers Uber is going to take care of you , don't worry about a thing ..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
    Dontmakemepullauonyou likes this.
  2. getoutofmycar

getoutofmycar Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I dream those little illegal aliens get the hell out of my country...

3. Matty760

Matty760 Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    makes no sense to me. We will support your illegal status within the USA and give money and do all these town halls, BUT... we won't pay you the drivers and DACA drivers anymore money for your fares. Uber supports immigration I get it, but they support illegal immigration according to this. If Uber really wants to help DACA people then spend the money on helping these people getting their citizenships

4. resd79

resd79 New Member

DACA recipients can't just apply for citizenship like others who did enter the US legally. It becomes a complicated process. The other way they could become one is by marrying a US citizen.
    I think it's great that Uber is helping the DREAMERS. Do you really think Uber would give up the opportunity to get some kudos from the public? It's a win-win situation on both ends.

5. Fargle

Fargle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If Uber wants to help anyone, it would be better to stop playing games and to start paying decently.

6. Travis -k

Travis -k Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    People be stooooopid republicans have granted amnesty, like Reagan but Reagans plans to strengthen the border after were smashed, democratic presidents could have granted amnesty but never did, Trump would do the same and grant Amnesty but he wants a stronger boarder first.

But all people want to do is say Republicans hate Immigrants when its the GOP who has helped them, being against illegal immigrantion is NOT the same as hating the people who immigrated that way.

But it doesnt serve the Demo's to deal in reality.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  7. qaz

qaz Active Member

Actually we need more illegal immigrants in my country the u s of a.

8. Matty760

Matty760 Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Uber can do what it wants. Its not my company so they should do whatever they want to do. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it. People with some common sense will see it for what it is and just a marketing thing to get their name on the good graces of people again. However Lyft has already touted their support for immigrants earlier this year so trying to get people to swerve back to using Uber instead is gonna be hard. I myself as a driver don't care what the companies do since Im just a contractor and I get my money how I want. I prefer to drive on Lyft 90% of the time anyways cuz it pays more in my area and I get less commission taken out from rides. I do disagree with Ubers policy on what they are doing however I do agree that their intent is good on this but just the wrong way to address it and fix it.

9. tim678

tim678 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Wow. Uber really love you. Here is what I got to say, "WHY DONT YOUR DUMB ASS COMPANY TREAT YOIR LEGAL DRIVERS BETTER"

10. qaz

qaz Active Member

If they have a drivers license, they are legal drivers. Good to hear you support Uber for helping out dreamer legal drivers.

20yearsdriving likes this.
  11. LoveBC

LoveBC Well-Known Member

$500,000 is what $5 per ant?

12. LA Dispatcher

LA Dispatcher Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I wish degenerates like you would overdose and make our society better.

qiaoxiaopang, keb, ElUbre and 6 others like this.
  13. RUSSREED2.0

RUSSREED2.0 Well-Known Member

I think the sticking point here is simple, everyone hates illegals. That is established. However, I feel for kids, who were born here by their parents (who broke the law ) and are being pushed out.

Because the law does state if you are born here you are a U.S'. Citizen.

Overall, what needs to happen is a path to citizenship, LIKE EVERY country. Stop, punting, sit down and make a path and end this political madness.

14. 20yearsdriving

20yearsdriving Well-Known Member

Even Cheaper Labor will be available soon

15. LA Dispatcher

LA Dispatcher Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Except the Catholic Church according to Steve Bannon.

Robots assembled in Mexico will steal jobs from Americans.

16. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

$1/ant

17. reaperducer

reaperducer Well-Known Member

People really should stop using the term "dreamers." The DREAM Act failed. It was never passed by Congress. DACA is an entirely different law.

18. MissEeee

MissEeee Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Even marriage isn't a guarantee.

19. AuntyUber

AuntyUber Member

Uber should stay out of politics. This makes me sick

20. Fargle

Fargle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    DACA isn't even a law. That's why Trump recinded it and challenged Congress to do it legally.