• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DAC is meeting with lyft

RideshareDog

Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #21
Bring the rates back up and gain market share.

Let the drivers earn more on one app, and the other will have less drivers availible.

Build loyalty by poaching uber customers.
How do you expect them to do that when pax will switch to uber the sec they see uber is cheaper huh?
 
How about "WTF happened to all the bonus opportunities?"

Seriously going to try Uber, soon. Getting tired of Lyft, and I've been loyal to them for 2.5 years and 11k rides (yes, 11,000).
 

RideshareDog

Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #23
How about "WTF happened to all the bonus opportunities?"

Seriously going to try Uber, soon. Getting tired of Lyft, and I've been loyal to them for 2.5 years and 11k rides (yes, 11,000).
its not a bonus its an incentive. why should they give you money out of their pocket for something your willing to do for free?
 

Fozzie

Well-Known Member
Cheap passengers can go to Uber. That'll clean up my clientele pool.
If you 1* all the shitty and unprofitable passengers you drive, that'll significantly clean out the shit runs.
Post automatically merged:

U people need to understand pay can't go up with two apps in town. Not unless they get together and arrange for both apps to raise rates and that's very unlikely to happen. Lyft can't do anything to increase the cost of the ride for the pax otherwise they will run to uber.
There are ways to play the incentives to increase rider fares, it's just that as long as drivers are eating the costs, market share is a bigger priority to them than price.

Rather than learn how to be profitable in a single market and duplicate it across the board, the idiots in the Boardroom would rather test their bad policies nationally/internationally and lose money everywhere instead.
 
Last edited:

Fozzie

Well-Known Member
It’s not always true that they will switch to Uber. I’ve had many pax say Uber is cheaper, but they like Lyft better.
I've had quite a few people tell me that other drivers told them they preferred Lyft too. (Which is at odds with my Uber preference)

I usually reply that most drivers are easily manipulated idiots that bought into the marketing hype without considering actual numbers. If the passenger is interested, I break things down to help them understand the rideshare scam. Easy tip and 5*.
 

Invisible

Well-Known Member
I've had quite a few people tell me that other drivers told them they preferred Lyft too. (Which is at odds with my Uber preference)

I usually reply that most drivers are easily manipulated idiots that bought into the marketing hype without considering actual numbers.
Good it helps you get tips! The pax I hear who like Lyft better haven’t said so because drivers told them. It’s their experience w/ Uber they didn’t like. Some say they’re worried about the safety with Uber, so I let them know many drivers drive for both. Uber does get a lot more bad press, but they’re also larger.
 
Last edited:

RideshareDog

Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #30
It’s not always true that they will switch to Uber. I’ve had many pax say Uber is cheaper, but they like Lyft better.
That's like 10% of ridehare users. The other 90% compare prices. U increase fares they will go to Uber and you'll be waiting hours for rides waiting for the 10% to order a ride. Remember that 10% has to be shared with 10000 other drivers.
 

Invisible

Well-Known Member
That's like 10% of ridehare users. The other 90% compare prices. U increase fares they will go to Uber.
Not if they’re women riders. Women are nervous about Uber, and they’ve told me that. I’ve had a lot more women riders in recent weeks on Lyft. Last week, 80% of my riders were solo women pax w/ Lyft.
 

RideshareDog

Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #32
Not if they’re women riders. Women are nervous about Uber, and they’ve told me that. I’ve had a lot more women riders in recent weeks on Lyft. Last week, 80% of my riders were solo women pax w/ Lyft.
Oh you asked all of them why they took lyft did ya? How do you know it was safety and not price?
&
There is no option to order a ride with a Lyft only driver. The same a holes who driver for uber drive for lyft too. U have to do both when they saturate markets with drivers. If I'm going to assult my pax I can just as easily do it with a Lyft pax than an uber one.

PRICE! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS.
 

Invisible

Well-Known Member
Oh you asked all of them why they took lyft did ya? How do you know it was safety and not price?
&
There is no option to order a ride with a Lyft only driver. The same a holes who driver for uber drive for lyft too. U have to do both when they saturate markets with drivers. If I'm going to assult my pax I can just as easily do it with a Lyft pax than an uber one.

PRICE! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS.
Please don’t put words in my mouth. I didn’t ask them why they chose one over the other. A woman will feel comfortable telling another woman driver things she won’t tell a man.

I’ve written it before, woman tell me how thankful they are to get a woman driver and how they feel safer with Lyft. Their words, not mine.

That’s normally how the conversation starts. I remind women that I’ve talked to a lot of drivers, male, and they’re very nice and are just trying to earn money.

Uber needs to do a better job marketing to solo women drivers. Even my own friends tell me they’ll only take Uber in a group, but feel safer in a cab alone or with Lyft. Uber has an image problem!!!
 

RideshareDog

Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #34
Please don’t put words in my mouth. I didn’t ask them why they chose one over the other. A woman will feel comfortable telling another woman driver things she won’t tell a man.

I’ve written it before, woman tell me how thankful they are to get a woman driver and how they feel safer with Lyft. Their words, not mine.

That’s normally how the conversation starts. I remind women that I’ve talked to a lot of drivers, male, and they’re very nice and are just trying to earn money.

Uber needs to do a better job marketing to solo women drivers. Even my own friends tell me they’ll only take Uber in a group, but feel safer in a cab alone or with Lyft.
You know what I'm done taking to you. U are totally missing the point here. I'll make it again b4 I stop.

The majority of passengers compare prices and take whichever is cheaper! Any price increase will send them to uber and u lot will be waiting hours for a ping for loyal lyft Pax.
 

Invisible

Well-Known Member
Because I don’t agree with you and added my experience of why not all riders are doing price comparisons, you throw a tantrum. You are the one who said I asked riders why they took Lyft, not me.

No you’re missing the point. Look at these online headlines, this will show how women are nervous with Uber. That is my point in why not all riders will go with cost. Many are looking more for safety and will pay higher to feel safer.

Please educate yourself and look at another perspective. There are so many online articles women talk about safety. That’s why some choose Lyft over Uber. Here are some.





Post automatically merged:
 

Disgusted Driver

Well-Known Member
You know what I'm done taking to you. U are totally missing the point here. I'll make it again b4 I stop.

The majority of passengers compare prices and take whichever is cheaper! Any price increase will send them to uber and u lot will be waiting hours for a ping for loyal lyft Pax.
I'm not sure where you get your 90% pick which ever is cheaper. I find most people are creatures of habit. They somehow end up with one company or another and then continue to use it unless something happens. If what you said were true then at bar close whichever service was cheaper (had lower surge) would be swamped. I have not found that to be the case, people in my market still order more uber than lyft even when uber is surging and lyft is not.
 
Top