CYA Dashcam

Ziggy

Granted, I did 6,000+ trips without a dashcam ... then I got a call from a friend who hit/killed a scooter rider who dashed across the street at night with no lights on the scooter and she was wearing dark clothes & noise-canceling headsets and she ran a Red light; my friend had the Green light and (most importantly) he had a dashcam that showed that he not only tried to stop before he hit the scooter, but he blew his horn and, unfortunately, there wasn't anything he could do except hitting the scooter ... but since his dashcam captured the whole thing - APD released him without charges and Uber never deactivated his account ... though he took some time off after the incident. *the next day I ordered a Vantrue N2 Pro dashcam from Amazon - this $199 dashcam gave me the basics needed to CYA (cover my assets) - it covers the front of the car & has really good inside day/night & audio coverage. I also looked at much more expensive full vehicle systems, but I decided that the Vantrue N2 Pro dashcam from Amazon was good enough for CYA and I didn't need to spend $800 for a cloud-based full-vehicle dashcam.

I've had the dashcam in my car(s) since May 2019 and have only had 2 pax ever ask me about the dashcam - (FYI - Texas is a 1-party state, so you don't need pax approval to record them. *However, I wouldn't recommend uploading their conversation to YouTube.) I did have a bizarre incident in my car on an Uber trip and I saved that recording in case I needed it in the future, but it's been a few months and I haven't needed it yet.

Recently, Uber decided to role out a new safety feature for pax that allows them to discreetly complain about drivers during the ride to the Uber Safety team ... a dashcam might be able to prove your innocence ... not that I've personally experienced any complaints from pax ... but the full story is below:

wilsonz83

Have dashcam installed since 2017, and it did save me from deactivation twice. The N2 some times go on sale for 149.99, just keep an eye on it. Best you can get for now.

dssoper

I'm thinking mine isn't that great then. My brother gave me his...I don't even know the brand. Ha ha

estore009

Have dashcam installed since 2017, and it did save me from deactivation twice. The N2 some times go on sale for 149.99, just keep an eye on it. Best you can get for now.
BlueSkySea B2W dual dashcam comes with a better price. Video quality is very nice for day and night time! Also easy to operate due to a bigger visible IPS screen. Its uncommon design looks somewhat clunky at first glance, but it’s actually not so big after you finished the installation. The two lenses are situated in cylindrical housings below the camera, you can rotate them horizontally for side traffic recording. A great option to have if you ever get pulled over by the police!