CVG Rideshare lot - issues ?

sirius black

Dropped off at CVG late this afternoon, and thought I'd swing by the lot since the app showed there were only 9 cars in the queue. When I got there, the lot was packed - Didn't look like one spot was open, and the entrance was blocked w/ 2 PD cars and some traffic cones. Are there issues being dealt with there, or is that overflow control, or ??

jrich6234

Did you go to the right location? CVG moved the location where Uber drivers stage from the Cell Phone Lot near the terminal to the new location on Loomis Road near the Rental Car Return.

sirius black

Yes, I was at the "new" location on Loomis. It hadn't been *that* long since I'd been there last :smiles:. On a related note, when I was there a week or two ago, one of the drivers was telling me that the were cracking down on folks parking by the fence instead of the marked spots.

ricks2524

My has been showing 9 cars just about everyday. Then see a crowd at the lot. This morning it showed 5 cars, but my Lyft app said there was 11 in front of me.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 42

kewldude231

LOL, this is why Iam not getting any rides on uber and wasted about 3 hours this week sitting in the cell phone lot, glad I checked this forum. can somewon please give me an exact location we are supposed to sit now. thanks!
Mark

nevermind I found it. glad to know now.

jrich6234

For those who don't know where the location is:

If you are entering the airport -
  • Take the Donaldson Road (KY-236) Exit and turn right on Donaldson Road
  • At the first intersection - turn left onto LOOMIS ROAD.
  • The staging lot is the first right after you turn onto Loomis Road across from National Car Rental.
If you are exiting the airport -
  • Exit the terminal and travel as if you were returning to Interstate 275 but stay in the middle lane.
  • Just after you make the right-hand curve by the airport long term parking structure you will see the exit on your right for KY-236 (Donaldson Road). Take this exit.
  • Turn left from the exit ramp onto westbound KY-236 (Donaldson Road)
  • At the first intersection - turn left onto LOOMIS ROAD.
  • The staging lot is the first right after you turn onto Loomis Road across from National Car Rental.

Last edited:

kewldude231

ok thank you very much, i was getting lonely in the cell phone lot this week, I normally dont do the airport unless a rider takes me there.

I just hope too, since Iam kinda an aviation buff, I can atleast watch the wonderful birds taking off and landing, and not have the view obstructed by the fed ex garages. can you see aircraft landing and departing from this location?