CV drives with his dog

RogerJS

spoke to a couple of passengers this week and they shared with me a desert driver picked them up with HIS dog in the car and said the dog is always driving with it !
Said the inside of the car was filthy with tons of dog hair in the car !!
They also said the driver told them he has PDSD and was on meds !!!
I get the need for a service dog BUT not for the driver!!!
Embarrassing that guy really needs to stop driving... setting a bad example of the desert drivers !!!!

TheMilkyWay

spoke to a couple of passengers this week and they shared with me a desert driver picked them up with HIS dog in the car and said the dog is always driving with it !
Said the inside of the car was filthy with tons of dog hair in the car !!
They also said the driver told them he has PDSD and was on meds !!!
I get the need for a service dog BUT not for the driver!!!
Embarrassing that guy really needs to stop driving... setting a bad example of the desert drivers !!!!
....and those Drivers who have a legit Service Dog for a legit disability ideally not a disability that is psychologically based making the ride scary not knowing if Driver is unstable. Many Service Dogs are for physical disabilities which help their handler but it's never acceptable to have a messy, hairy car.

RogerJS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
....and those Drivers who have a legit Service Dog for a legit disability ideally not a disability that is psychologically based making the ride scary not knowing if Driver is unstable. Many Service Dogs are for physical disabilities which help their handler but it's never acceptable to have a messy, hairy car.
If they don’t want to follow the policy they shouldn’t drive... pretty simple

TheMilkyWay

If they don’t want to follow the policy they shouldn’t drive... pretty simple
What “policy”? Are you suggesting there is a policy that a driver CAN NOT have a Service Dog?
I might buy into not having a companion dog maybe a driver should find another job but a Service Dog? Nope not buying it, it’s protected by American Disabilities Act.
Now maybe you are suggesting a car must have 4 seats available? (I’ll have to find that unless you have quick link to it) what about the service dog on the floor of the passenger seat? Four seats still availability.
If push came to shove I can see this becoming win the fight, lose the war but it shouldn't because Uber periodically shoves down our throat reminders to never refuse an animal even if we are fearful of allergic!

RogerJS

What “policy”? Are you suggesting there is a policy that a driver CAN NOT have a Service Dog?
I might buy into not having a companion dog maybe a driver should find another job but a Service Dog? Nope not buying it, it’s protected by American Disabilities Act.
Now maybe you are suggesting a car must have 4 seats available? (I’ll have to find that unless you have quick link to it) what about the service dog on the floor of the passenger seat? Four seats still availability.
If push came to shove I can see this becoming win the fight, lose the war but it shouldn't because Uber periodically shoves down our throat reminders to never refuse an animal even if we are fearful of allergic!
4 seats available at all times , dog at the drivers feet or lap considered unsafe .. this issue was brought up with Lyft before by another forum member If I get the tine I’ll find the post

TheMilkyWay

4 seats available at all times , dog at the drivers feet or lap considered unsafe .. this issue was brought up with Lyft before by another forum member If I get the tine I’ll find the post
Passenger seat floor is an option and others have said they text rider immediately saying something like “service dog onboard, 3 seats available, if you are opposed, cancel at no charge” , thank you.

Uber vehicle requirements state:

General Uber vehicle requirements
All Uber services share these requirements:

• Must be 10 years old or newer (model year 2007) – Varies city to city, see below
  • Must be a four-door car, truck, or minivan. Manual (standard) transmission is OK
  • Seating and seatbelts for four passengers, not including the driver
  • Must pass a mechanical vehicle inspection
  • Driver’s full name must be on the insurance for the vehicle
  • Driver’s name does NOT have to be on vehicle registration
  • Driver must pass a background check and driving record check

RogerJS

Passenger seat floor is an option and others have said they text rider immediately saying something like “service dog onboard, 3 seats available, if you are opposed, cancel at no charge” , thank you.

Uber vehicle requirements state:

General Uber vehicle requirements
All Uber services share these requirements:

• Must be 10 years old or newer (model year 2007) – Varies city to city, see below
  • Must be a four-door car, truck, or minivan. Manual (standard) transmission is OK
  • Seating and seatbelts for four passengers, not including the driver
  • Must pass a mechanical vehicle inspection
  • Driver’s full name must be on the insurance for the vehicle
  • Driver’s name does NOT have to be on vehicle registration
  • Driver must pass a background check and driving record check
You’re really working this .... do you drive with a dog ?
You’re asking for trouble if you tell a pax that you can’t take 4 people... same as driving with another person and telling the pax only 3

Pawtism

I have a service dog and used to drive with her (too busy to drive currently hehe, but I'm still active, surprisingly since it's been 6 months since I've taken a ride). Although we constantly vacuum (there is no excuse for not doing clean up as needed, service dog or not). As my name implies, I'm Asperger's (Autistic), so mine is an Autism service dog, not a PTSD one. Both Uber and Lyft were aware of it, and only a couple of times was there ever an issue (and I did cancel, no charge, for the pax, those times).

TheMilkyWay

You’re really working this .... do you drive with a dog ?
You’re asking for trouble if you tell a pax that you can’t take 4 people... same as driving with another person and telling the pax only 3
No, I am not Driving with a Service Dog but I'm looking for where it says a Driver Cannot have their Service Dog with them and can't find those words. Four seats yes but if Service Dog fits at foot of passenger where he is actually safest, from air bag deployment will Uber support Driver as they do rider?

Pawtism

I don't know if "support" is the right word (I'm not sure Uber ever actually "supports" the driver hehe), but they've never given me any grief about it either. If you happen to get a 1 star from a pax, they won't reverse it, but they also leave out the whole "if you drive with a dog we'll deactivate you" stuff too once they know you have a service animal. So I suppose the ultimate answer to your question is, yes, you can drive with a service animal (I did for just over a year).