Customers Think We Know the Building They Live In???

Rudyman75

I had a late run this afternoon and it was a pretty large Apt complex the guy gives the Apt # but not a building number or building letter so they start with building numbers and change to letters. Well, he texts me come straight in all the way to the back so I drive all the way back and there are like 5-7 buildings well I start looking at the numbers they are as big as my little finger very hard to read. I keep looking and I stopped and asked a lady and she said it might be over there where it is another 5-6 building. I keep looking and after 5 minutes I find the apt number. On the second floor I go up and leave the food at the door knock to make sure they come to the door and get the food. Well, as soon as he opens the door he starts calling me an MFer Dumb ass, etc. I said to him if you would have put the letter of the building in your info I would have been here much sooner, He said well I put the apt number in I said yes you did but no building number or letter of building more name-calling from him I said go look in the mirror and got in the car and drove off what a real A-Whole. He said I am giving you a bad rating I said to myself Screw You, Jack. Uber needs to wash the bad reviews out every month and not keep adding because we drivers run into some real A-Wholes sometimes.

KevinJohnson

Totally agree. At the pickup I always text: I am on my way, do I need a gate code? Hoping to get an answer before I get to the gate, or better yet they tell me they are meeting me out front.

I have 2 professionalism reports. Know they're from the apartment paxholes.

Last edited:

dgates01

I had a late run this afternoon and it was a pretty large Apt complex the guy gives the Apt # but not a building number or building letter
Apartment residents have been spoiled by the pizza delivery companies who have been delivering to their buildings for decades. They actually have that detailed info, so the pizza person knows right where to go. But then the residents then expect us to know too.

Just an FYI for the next apartment delivery. Take a photo of the big map outside all apartment complexes (assuming they have one). Tag it with the address in your photo folder and you'll have it ready when you need it should you be back there.

Im_The_Brains

Apartment residents have been spoiled by the pizza delivery companies who have been delivering to their buildings for decades. They actually have that detailed info, so the pizza person knows right where to go. But then the residents then expect us to know too.

Just an FYI for the next apartment delivery. Take a photo of the big map outside all apartment complexes (assuming they have one). Tag it with the address in your photo folder and you'll have it ready when you need it should you be back there.
That’s a great idea 🤔

Rudyman75

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

This would be okay, but if the customer does not tell you the number or letter of the building and only Apt number I don't see how this would help?

dgates01

The big maps will have building numbers on them. But if not, you can see where the apartment number is and see which building it is.

Woohaa

Apartments receive the "can't find customer" option. 5 minutes later I'm outta there. You are costing yourself money trying to find a customer with incomplete information.

MissAnne

This is my one big pet peeve, if you live in an apartment complex and you order food or you need to be picked up by Uber or Lyft, goddamnit put your freaking building number or letter in the freaking address and if you don’t and I text you and ask you for it.... freaking text me back, cause if you don’t, waiting 5 mins and getting the fee👍

goobered

This would be okay, but if the customer does not tell you the number or letter of the building and only Apt number I don't see how this would help?
I've never even seen a map at any of the places I have delivered to. A few places have tiny little signs pointing which way for the buildings. But a lot of people don't even give the building number or letter.

tohunt4me

I had a late run this afternoon and it was a pretty large Apt complex the guy gives the Apt # but not a building number or building letter so they start with building numbers and change to letters. Well, he texts me come straight in all the way to the back so I drive all the way back and there are like 5-7 buildings well I start looking at the numbers they are as big as my little finger very hard to read. I keep looking and I stopped and asked a lady and she said it might be over there where it is another 5-6 building. I keep looking and after 5 minutes I find the apt number. On the second floor I go up and leave the food at the door knock to make sure they come to the door and get the food. Well, as soon as he opens the door he starts calling me an MFer Dumb ass, etc. I said to him if you would have put the letter of the building in your info I would have been here much sooner, He said well I put the apt number in I said yes you did but no building number or letter of building more name-calling from him I said go look in the mirror and got in the car and drove off what a real A-Whole. He said I am giving you a bad rating I said to myself Screw You, Jack. Uber needs to wash the bad reviews out every month and not keep adding because we drivers run into some real A-Wholes sometimes.
OMG !

POURING RAIN LAST NIGHT.
Street flooding.
Delivering to nothing but apartments all night !
One gated complex, the Gate malfunctioned in the rain !

Then, cheap people.
No tips
Post automatically merged:

I'm up to 22 maps in my folder. Lots of going back to many of them, and a few that I haven't gone back to after taking that first photo. But it's good to have them just in case.

View attachment 456932
i need to do this !

But for 4 citys !

I work 4 stores in a Franchise of 36 stores right now.

Everyone is wearing thin & burning out due to increased demand caused by Covid !

Apartments EAT TIME !
AND TIPS ARE LOW !

THEY BUTCHER MY PROFIT !

charly21

I have the same problems here some customer explain you well how to get to them but others don't help.. .I wondering why the GPS not take you to the customer instead their apartments address? hehe would be easier if we follow gps to the person not their address

REX HAVOC

I had one of those last night. I called the guy to come out of the bldg and get order. He did but he didn't tip me. Oh well.

Rose511

I A
I HATE APARTMENTS, HOTELS, COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS. I agree with you totally! People are so rude, ungrateful and over entitled. Then have the nerve to not tip or barely tip. Sorry you went through that. Sometimes I want to slap some customers

I had one of those last night. I called the guy to come out of the bldg and get order. He did but he didn't tip me. Oh well.
Then he was an ungrateful jerk. Everyone should tip especially NOW. I had a doctor not tip me yesterday at the hospital after I drove in circles looking for him and I just happened to get his order AGAIN TODAY. I canceled IMMEDIATELY. He can risk his life and go get his own curry. I don’t understand people who don’t yip but have a huge order. It’s disgusting 🤬😤

I’ve actually been getting many repeat customers so it’s nice to remember who didn’t tip or didn’t tip well. I’ve gone to some house 5 or more times. I guess it’s the algorithm...

Last edited: