• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Customers having trouble updating the destination

ZenUber

I'm getting customers who don't know how to change the destination, or add a stopping point. I don't know how to show them. I always tell them to swipe up. Some of them find it and some of them can't. I try to figure it out for them, but I can't find it either. Anybody know how?

Wildgoose

Uber help explains that

Changing a trip's final destination
Both drivers and riders can edit a trip's final destination at any time before the trip ends.

To change a trip's destination:

1. Tap "Enter Destination"
2. Type in a new address

It's good practice to let riders change the destination through their app to ensure the correct address is entered.

In some cases, we may suggest a better dropoff point to the rider near their destination. If they accept the suggestion, we'll update your navigation to reflect the new address.

NOTE: You will be unable to update the destination in your app on uberPOOL trips.
Post automatically merged:

This explanation is for changing pick up location. Only rider can do it.

How do I change my uber location?
How it works
  1. Open your app. Tap to open the app, then tap Edit next to your pickup location.
  2. Adjust your pickup. Type a new address or drag your pin to any location on the map within the gray circle.
  3. Confirm your location. Tap Confirm to complete your request and your driver will pick you up at the new location.

Julescase2

As a driver you should definitely be able to show pax how to use the app. It’s to your advantage, even though yes pax are lazy AF and should know how to use the app if they’re depending on it for a ride.