Customer ordered from pickup

uberboy1212

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He called me and it took me a minute to realize we were at the same place talking to each other. The cashier witnessed it all and was like wth is going on?
Post automatically merged:

So this guy had to pay a delivery charge?
UE has a pickup function built into the customer app.
What’s the point of a pickup option when the customer can just place the order and pickup themselves? It would def be convenient for strange situations like this

Last edited:

Seamus

I got an order from Taco Bell with the dropoff right next to the pickup. The customer is inside Taco Bell when I get there. He said he didn't have any money so he placed an order through GH. $7 no tip but I didn't have to wait for/drop off the order.
I see nothing wrong here. It's simple evolution.
  1. 1940's went to a diner
  2. 1950's could go to a drive in for someone to bring your food to your car.
  3. 1960's/70's could go thru a drive thru for food
  4. 1980's ........well Madonna
  5. 1990's Pizza and Chinese delivery
  6. 2000's Explosion of restaurant take out
  7. 20teen's Food Delivery from anywhere to your house
  8. 2020 Food Delivery from the counter to your table at places with no waitress. LAZY AZZ option.

Launchpad McQuack

What’s the point of a pickup option when the customer can just place the order and pickup themselves?
GrubHub has a pickup option as well. In lesser populated areas where GrubHub doesn't operate delivery services, it is still the only option that they offer.

GrubHub_pickup_2.jpg

This is how GrubHub started, by the way. Initially, they were an online menu repository......just a web site or app where customers could look at restaurant menus. Then they started giving customers the ability to order and pay through their web site or app, but the customer had to go pick up the order for themselves (if the specific restaurant didn't offer delivery). Then they started operating their own delivery service and dispatching drivers to pick up orders at restaurants that didn't offer delivery.

GrubHub was profitable up until they started offering delivery services. Then their profitability nosedived, and now they are losing money just like all the other app-based delivery services.

NOXDriver

The balance sheets reported by the TNCs are like movie studios... they are designed to never make a profit.

I wouldn't mind orders like this all night. Less stinky food in my car, plus a tip. How is this not the best thing evar?!?!?!

uberboy1212

The balance sheets reported by the TNCs are like movie studios... they are designed to never make a profit.

I wouldn't mind orders like this all night. Less stinky food in my car, plus a tip. How is this not the best thing evar?!?!?!
Def no complaints here, I just didn't know what was going on at first

$7 is fair, though, if all I have to do is drive to the restaurant.
I wish this happened more often. The worst part about GH Taco Bell orders is usually the wait

uberboy1212

My 2nd GH Taco Bell order today got cancelled due to their system being down and I still got paid in full. I thought they only paid @$1 for cancelled orders?
FDBE010C-CC50-4859-B022-99DB2AEA8060.jpeg

Kiwi driver

I see nothing wrong here. It's simple evolution.
  1. 1940's went to a diner
  2. 1950's could go to a drive in for someone to bring your food to your car.
  3. 1960's/70's could go thru a drive thru for food
  4. 1980's ........well Madonna
  5. 1990's Pizza and Chinese delivery
  6. 2000's Explosion of restaurant take out
  7. 20teen's Food Delivery from anywhere to your house
  8. 2020 Food Delivery from the counter to your table at places with no waitress. LAZY AZZ option.
There’s a restaurant I saw the other night, you just got the table scan QR and order through Zomato and they bring you food.

the restaurant had like 8 tables, seemed overkill

MontcoUberDriver

There’s a restaurant I saw the other night, you just got the table scan QR and order through Zomato and they bring you food.

the restaurant had like 8 tables, seemed overkill
A few restaurants in my area do the same using the toast app.

What’s the point of a pickup option when the customer can just place the order and pickup themselves?
I’ve done it through the Uber Eats app a few times. You earn “uber cash” to use later. It’s not much but it adds up.

Launchpad McQuack

My 2nd GH Taco Bell order today got cancelled due to their system being down and I still got paid in full. I thought they only paid @$1 for cancelled orders?
Once you tap the button that says that you've picked up the order in the driver app, they pay the full amount. I had that happen a couple months ago with a $20 McDonald's order. Went through the drive through. At the squawk box, they asked me for the order number. Well, GrubHub orders are like 20 digits long, so they had me pull up to the window. When I got to the window, they asked for the number again. I gave it to them, and they told me that they didn't have that order. So I pulled around into the parking lot and called Grohit. Grohit told me that he was going to resend the order to the restaurant and asked me to go see if they have it now. Well, that means going through the drive through again. (Normally wouldn't do that, but the pay on this order was worth it.) Get to the squawk box, and I explain that I'm the same person as last time and GrubHub told me that they resent the order. They tell me to pull up to the window. When I get to the window, they ask to see my phone because they say they still don't have the order. So I hand my phone in to them through the drive through window. They disappear for a minute or so and then come back and hand me my phone and tell me that they still don't have the order in their system. In the process of whatever they did while they had my phone, they must have tapped "Order Picked Up" in the app because it was now showing the directions to the customer. So I pull back in the parking lot again and call Grohit. I tell Grohit that they still don't have the order after resending it. Grohit cancelled the order and I got paid the full $20 for the delivery. If they had not tapped "Order Picked Up" while they had my phone, I would not have been paid anything for that.

Last edited:

uberboy1212

Once you tap the button that says that you've picked up the order in the driver app, they pay the full amount. I had that happen a couple months ago with a $20 McDonald's order. Went through the drive through. At the squawk box, they asked me for the order number. Well, GrubHub orders are like 20 digits long, so they had me pull up to the window. When I got to the window, they asked for the number again. I gave it to them, and they told me that they didn't have that order. So I pulled around into the parking lot and called Grohit. Grohit told me that he was going to resend the order to the restaurant and asked me to go see if they have it now. Well, that means going through the drive through again. (Normally wouldn't do that, but the pay on this order was worth it.) Get to the squawk box, and I explain that I'm the same person as last time and GrubHub told me that they resent the order. They tell me to pull up to the window. When I get to the window, they ask to see my phone because they say they still don't have the order. So I hand my phone in to them through the drive through window. They disappear for a minute or so and then come back and hand me my phone and tell me that they still don't have the order in their system. In the process of whatever they did while they had my phone, they must have tapped "Order Picked Up" in the app because it was now showing the directions to the customer. So I pull back in the parking lot again and call Grohit. I tell Grohit that they still don't have the order after resending it. Grohit cancelled the order and I got paid the full $20 for the delivery. If they had not tapped "Order Picked Up" while they had my phone, I would not have been paid anything for that.
I definitely didn't press anything. Cashier told me they cant fulfill any GH orders so I called support and they canceled the order. I called back to confirm that they gave the cancellation fee and they told me I was paid the full amount.