Customer guilt tip

911 Guy

I delivered dinner this evening to a lady I delivered lunch to last week. Short trips, min fare or close. I recognized her and the address, but I generally just ask how they are today and hand off the food. After she took the food she stopped me to apologize for not tipping last time and said the app didn't give her the option. Not sure I believe that, but whatever. She promised a "double tip" and I thanked her and left. It got refreshingly busy for the next couple hours and I totally forgot to look until shortly ago. She was true to her word.... she tipped $15 on a $5.35 trip.

Thank you Lindsey.

911 Guy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just about everyone that I've delivered to more than once tips every time now. I love seeing a familiar name or address. I wish I had paid attention to which didn't tip when I was a new face to them.

Alltel77

I ordered from Eats the other day for the first time in a long time, unless you pre tip the only way the tip option shows up again in the app is if you go through the ratings survey, they should at least update it so that as soon as the order is delivered the customer gets a push notification asking if he/she would like to add a tip , pre-tipping is stupid IMO

Nats121

I ordered from Eats the other day for the first time in a long time, unless you pre tip the only way the tip option shows up again in the app is if you go through the ratings survey, they should at least update it so that as soon as the order is delivered the customer gets a push notification asking if he/she would like to add a tip , pre-tipping is stupid IMO
All of the major pizza chains have offered pre-tipping as an option for a long time.

Unfortunately for Eats drivers, Uber has chosen to make post-tipping take a back seat to their piece of shit ratings system.

The end result is drivers end up with very few tips and very few thumbs-up ratings.

Pissed off entitled customers are much more likely to give thumbs down ratings than satisfied customers are to give drivers a thumbs-up rating.

potato

I had the strangest thing.... a kid put the wrong address and contacted me after I went to the address. Then promised a 10 dollar tip in the app. I get there, he thanks me so much. Then says "Check your app...the tip I promised is there". So I said thank you and left. I check the app. Its actually 8 dollars. I wonder if uber skims tips

BjRhodes

All of the major pizza chains have offered pre-tipping as an option for a long time.

Unfortunately for Eats drivers, Uber has chosen to make post-tipping take a back seat to their piece of shit ratings system.

The end result is drivers end up with very few tips and very few thumbs-up ratings.

Pissed off entitled customers are much more likely to give thumbs down ratings than satisfied customers are to give drivers a thumbs-up rating.
People here in San Antonio must be ahead of the bell curve, then. A lot of my tips tend to come in the following morning I know because I cash out that night - then start of next business day... "$33 already?" *Goes back in to earnings summary - sees a bunch of tips* "Cool."

I had the strangest thing.... a kid put the wrong address and contacted me after I went to the address. Then promised a 10 dollar tip in the app. I get there, he thanks me so much. Then says "Check your app...the tip I promised is there". So I said thank you and left. I check the app. Its actually 8 dollars. I wonder if uber skims tips
No, Uber can't do that. It's illegal. That's like when you put a tip directly in your waiter's hand, and the employer demands a cut of it. The only reason anyone is able to get away with paying anyone less than minimum wage is if it's tipped labor, and when this is the case skimming off the tips is absolutely illegal.

See here for more details:

911 Guy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, Uber can't do that. It's illegal. That's like when you put a tip directly in your waiter's hand, and the employer demands a cut of it. The only reason anyone is able to get away with paying anyone less than minimum wage is if it's tipped labor, and when this is the case skimming off the tips is absolutely illegal.

See here for more details:
Please review the laws in your State for Independent Contractors. You are not Employed.

tohunt4me

I got a $37.00 tip on one delivery of pizza last week.

" TIP THE BILL".

Too bad it wasnt an $80.00 order.