customer damaging car

david112233

a drunk construction worker just damaged my car with his construction bag, I asked him politely to put that construction bag in the trunk but he refused, there were pointy tools outside the bag and the inside of the edge around my door got scars on it, i sent uber an email, but anyone had similar incidents? will uber do anything about it?

thanks for your input

Amun

You would have to have a repair done first then send uber the bill with the trip ID for them to really give you anything otherwise expect them to either give you the wear and tare speech or the token 40$

Bruce55

a drunk construction worker just damaged my car with his construction bag, I asked him politely to put that construction bag in the trunk but he refused, there were pointy tools outside the bag and the inside of the edge around my door got scars on it, i sent uber an email, but anyone had similar incidents? will uber do anything about it?

thanks for your input
Sorry to hear that brah, that $#/^&! I have a hate on for those who have no respect for other people's property.
Agreed with Amun's response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uberchampion

thanks for your input
That sucks. Please remember it's your car so it's your rules.

Some of your other posts reference referring new riders to Uber. One of the reasons I don't refer is exactly what happened to you. Do you really want someone else having to deal with bs. like you had to face?

Manhoos

thanks for your input
Take pics, get repair quote and Claim damage from driver's app.

Rocker

thanks for your input
At first, you should be take a picture before clean up or fix the scene and then send it to Uber

david112233

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
they replied that i would need the damage receipt and they will reimburse, but since it's scratches on the edge of the door, i don't think it's possibly to do a minor fix, might need to completely change the door... has anyone encountered when uber payed for more than 500 for damages? i don't think they will compensate me if the price is too high

Manhoos

they replied that i would need the damage receipt and they will reimburse, but since it's scratches on the edge of the door, i don't think it's possibly to do a minor fix, might need to completely change the door... has anyone encountered when uber payed for more than 500 for damages? i don't think they will compensate me if the price is too high
Go to stealership or any high-end bodyshop and get quote from them.
Send quote to Uber when filling damage claim.
Don't delay...