Customer Complaint did not get their food delivered

Rlgeames12

I was contacted thru the app saying a customer complained I did not leave their food at the door, so I called support and was told they could not see which order it was. What I find odd is yesterday 9/9/2020 was my first day delivering with uber and all my orders sent me a tip, who does that when they don't get their goods. I left the food as instructed at the door and took a photo and move on, end of story. I was told if I see something strange to call support, what would be something that would be strange when you have never been to a house before other then the house not having a door.

25rides7daysaweek

I was contacted thru the app saying a customer complained I did not leave their food at the door, so I called support and was told they could not see which order it was. What I find odd is yesterday 9/9/2020 was my first day delivering with uber and all my orders sent me a tip, who does that when they don't get their goods. I left the food as instructed at the door and took a photo and move on, end of story. I was told if I see something strange to call support, what would be something that would be strange when you have never been to a house before other then the house not having a door.
Maybe it was the alcohol & crack one..

Nats121

I make it a point to communicate with as many customers as possible.

I always knock or ring the bell (unless the customer requested that I don't) and wait about a minute or so for the customer to take their order, and then I thank them.

If the customer doesn't come out I call them and tell them their food is at the door.

Communicating with customers shows them you're paying attention, which acts as a deterrent against scamming for free food.

Dishonest customers are less likely to try to get free food when they know the driver is alert in the same way that shoplifters are less likely to steal from stores with alert sales staff.

rideshareapphero

I make it a point to communicate with as many customers as possible.

I always knock or ring the bell (unless the customer requested that I don't) and wait about a minute or so for the customer to take their order, and then I thank them.

If the customer doesn't come out I call them and tell them their food is at the door.

Communicating with customers shows them you're paying attention, which acts as a deterrent against scamming for free food.

Dishonest customers are less likely to try to get free food when they know the driver is alert in the same way that shoplifters are less likely to steal from stores with alert sales staff.

They do it no matter what, even when you hand it over to them, I had one punk complained he didn't get his food about a year ago when I was still doing x, the few orders I did that day were all handed over.

rushbudgie

I got to one house and already there was an eats bag, no biggie, customer ordered from different place. Took photo and left.Then it occurred to me that anybody could walk past and take the food. Perfect scenario, dark street, eats bag highly visible if walking past. Really nothing stopping theft besides camera if they had one, who knows, another shifty driver could have taken the first bag. Customer's responsibility not ours once delivered as per their instructions.

#professoruber

They track our locations. The pictures we take also capture the location. If a driver goes to a restaurant and then drops off and even if the location is not exact (gps is only as dependable as the gps reception), it's a logical way to deem the food as picked up and delivered. A driver is not going to head to the drop off and then steal the food.

Dropping off at the wrong house and the possibility of someone stealing the food is possible. Years ago a group of friends were smoking a whole chicken at an apartment. Someone stole the entire chicken. They must of been watching because it was just about done. 🙄

Nats121

They do it no matter what, even when you hand it over to them, I had one punk complained he didn't get his food about a year ago when I was still doing x, the few orders I did that day were all handed over.
A couple of years ago a customer in a high-rise told Uber he didn't get his food after I handed it to him. At first Uber took away my payout but returned it when I gave the support rep a good description of what the guy looked like and where his apartment was in the building.

I didn't guarantee 100% protection against scammers, I said it's a deterrent, which is true.

Jctbay

I had the same thing and every cust also tipped.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Anyone consider video recording the entire interaction, which is more irrefutable than the little photo we often take? Probably overkill.

mama2bebes

Not all customers are intelligent enough to make sure the correct address is input on the Uber app. They make typos, give an address of a house down the street, etc. I can recall three trips where the customer admitted to me this happened, and so there are probably more that I am not aware of and I've not even made 500 deliveries yet. Perhaps some folks call Uber to complain they never got their food before they realize their mistake.

Last week I delivered Chipotle "Leave at door" to a house that looked like no one had come in or out of that door in years. There were maybe four or five other old delivery bags that had been there long enough to be attracting flies. I wondered what in the world was going on. So many scenarios crossed my mind. I did my job adding the Chipotle bag to it and took a picture of the whole shebang.

DJJoeyZ

I’ve had more than a few deliveries where the customer input the wrong address, the funniest one was a late night/early morning drop where the customer put their address as 12357 Whaterver STREET, when she was really at 12357 Whatever LANE. I end up at Whaterver STREET and there is no 12357, so I call the customer (drunk girl), we didn’t know what the problem was yet, so she says she’ll step outside. I’m at an intersection looking around as we stay on the phone and she asks “are you driving a black car?”, “yes”, “look down the street”, she’s in the middle of the street waving her hands and yelling “OVER HERE!”. I go to her and notice she’s on Whaterver LANE, I point out the difference and we both have a laugh.

Mad_Jack_Flint

It actually happened to me here in West Houston. The woman gave the address and I went to the apartment and delivered the food to the third floor and not more than thirty seconds after I delivered I get a call from the customer claiming she never got the food!

I called Uber Eats phone support and they called the woman and they came back and told me the woman was rude.

The woman kept calling my phone and leaving messages that I need to tell Uber to cancel her order and yet she never told them to do it when Uber called them...

You have a lot of scammers out there looking for free food while trying to ruin a driver reputation and way to make extra money...