• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

customer changes delivery address. Need advice

nightshaadow

This happened to me 3 times in the last 2 days. In the middle of the delivery after I pick up the food, I get a call from the customer saying that it's the wrong address and want me to deliver it to a different location. The first one the customer canceled and I kept the food. The last ones I just went ahead and delivered it to the new address they gave me. What should I do in this situation? Can I cancel and keep the food or is it mandatory to deliver to the new address? I contacted Uber support and they said they would compensate me for the extra time and miles but havn't got anything. Some advice would be appreciated.

YourFoodIsGettingCold

It's your decision, it's not mandatory. If you feel it's an inconvenience to drive out of a particular area, you can drive to the original destination and run the timer. Then get paid and keep the food.

amazinghl

etc...

I once delivered to a work address around 8pm, only to find out the customer is 8 miles away. I was green and I had already accepted another $12 ping. I had to cancel the $12 ping, call customer, call UE, UE then had to call customer, get new address, arrive to customer.... the entire process probably took 20 minutes, ZERO tip, $3 more UE paid me, lost out of the $12 ping, and way out of my preferred area.

As far as I am concern, if the customer filled in a WRONG address, I'll drive it to the WRONG address and start the timer. Then ignore call and text and keep the food because I'm not losing money due a customer's laziness to verify their own damn address.

therealDJdonski

I’ve had it happen several times, the customer was less than a couple miles away. I messaged CS through the app with a screenshot of the customer providing the new address, as well as a screenshot of the map of where I showed the order as “delivered”.
Each time, I was compensated a few bucks for the trouble.

doggerel

You need to deliver to the new address no matter what...even if the customer is 2 to 3 states away. Also, Uber will always compensate you for your time and miles. So, nothing to worry about there.
I learned my lesson with this a long time ago. If the customer calls, and it is more than 5 miles away, or if there is a lot of traffic, I will not deliver it to the new adress. If you call Uber, they will lie to you, and tell you that you will be compensated for the extra mileage. They will say things like: "Don't worry. I have your back." And then when the ride is over, you will see that you were not paid for the extra mileage BUT ONLY TIME. So you drove an extra 5 miles, it took an extra 15 minutes, and you were paid an extra 1.23

NO THANK YOU.

YourFoodIsGettingCold

I learned my lesson with this a long time ago. If the customer calls, and it is more than 5 miles away, or if there is a lot of traffic, I will not deliver it to the new adress. If you call Uber, they will lie to you, and tell you that you will be compensated for the extra mileage. They will say things like: "Don't worry. I have your back." And then when the ride is over, you will see that you were not paid for the extra mileage BUT ONLY TIME. So you drove an extra 5 miles, it took an extra 15 minutes, and you were paid an extra 1.23

NO THANK YOU.
Just to be clear, you can/will be compensated for the extra distance but since it is not automatic and requires you to submit a follow up request or requests, it's not worth the hassle.

Rray032

This happens often. UE doesn't always compensate for the extra time and mileage either claiming they go by the original calculation of average time it takes to complete delivery

yorker

I have gotten screwd by the lie of extra pay from Uber. If things are pretty busy, you will lose time messing around. Like some said, just ignore text or calls. Go to the original drop off ,
If it is a small order for one, I would not worry.
One time, my last trip of the day, I did deliver to the new address cause it was a Friday night and it was 40.00 worth of food. Generally I have gotten 10.00 tip from the person for taking it to them.
It would be nice if we could just tell them we need extra fee to deliver because Uber will not pay extra.
Like pay an extra 10.00 or loose your $ 50.00 of food and re order or go hungry.

Woohaa

Go to the address listed in app. Never take verbal address changes. Cover your OWN butt and the only way to do that is by following EXPLICITLY what's listed in the app.