• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Customer assault

Adfcalifornian

Tonight A customer assaulted me while I was parallel parked so I had no choice but to get out and defend my self. After reporting it to Uber it only took 45 minutes for them to put my account on hold. I’m furious because this is my only income at the time. I was also trying to avoid getting the police involved but it seems that’s my only option to make sure I don’t get permanently deactivated. Has anyone dealt with something like this and how long did it take to get cleared up?

Attachments

25rides7daysaweek

Tonight A customer assaulted me while I was parallel parked so I had no choice but to get out and defend my self. After reporting it to Uber it only took 45 minutes for them to put my account on hold. I’m furious because this is my only income at the time. I was also trying to avoid getting the police involved but it seems that’s my only option to make sure I don’t get permanently deactivated. Has anyone dealt with something like this and how long did it take to get cleared up?
No choice but to get out and
defend yourself you say?
So the pax started a fight
then they reported it to uber
and you got deactivated?
Your bloody hand looks like
you struck something
Just sayin.. .

Adfcalifornian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If your window is Down and you have cars in front and back are you gonna just sit there and take it? I most definitely did not and made sure I went home. Well, the emergency room because my hand is messed up. His friends came out to bring him in. He was drunk.
Post automatically merged:

And I reported it. He was mad that I wouldn’t deliver to door at 2am because there were no house numbers. I wasn’t about to go walking up to random houses in west Seattle, I like not having bullet holes my body

gambler1621

So you are saying a customer assaulted you and YOU DIDN'T call the police? If you didn't report it to the police, then Uber is going to assume you were in wrong or hiding something. If you "defended" yourself and didn't report it to the police, then their assumption is going to be even more well founded. I am not saying their assumption is right, but they are only acting on the information available.

If the customer reported it to the police, expect them to come calling soon, probably with a warrant in hand. I hope for your sake that you have dashcam footage and witnesses that corroborate your story. If not, you will be defending yourself again, this time in court.

Anytime you are threatened or assaulted by a customer, you should report it to the police, then report to Uber. The police can access your ride info and apprehend the offender if your story is corroborated. If you don't have a dashcam or witnesses, then you are playing russian roulette and your turn just landed on the loaded cylinder. Good luck in your next endeavor.

BigJohn

It is ridiculously easy to proclaim being a victim on an internet forum.

I mean think about it, you can post an opinion of what happened without having to present any facts or counter testimony.

Pretty sweet.

Invisible

That only works if they are outside of the car. If someone starts hitting you while they are inside of the car you
This is for Eats, no pax in his car. Therefore, he had option to drive away ASAP.

I don’t get why you had to get out and couldn’t call 911. If someone was trying to gain access into my car, while I was parallel parked, I’d hope I’d roll up the window, honk the horn, use my mace on him and call 911.

This is an important lesson not to park so close to another car when parallel parking. You need to get out of the area if something dangerous like this happens.

Seamus

This is for Eats, no pax in his car. Therefore, he had option to drive away ASAP.

I don’t get why you had to get out and couldn’t call 911. If someone was trying to gain access into my car, while I was parallel parked, I’d hope I’d roll up the window, honk the horn, use my mace on him and call 911.

This is an important lesson not to park so close to another car when parallel parking. You need to get out of the area if something dangerous like this happens.
OOOPs totally missed that it was Eats.

R3drang3r

Interesting, the OP has deleted some of his posts which really now brings to question what exactly went on and what are the actual facts.
How do you delete a post or even edit it for that matter?

Has anyone dealt with something like this and how long did it take to get cleared up?
Amazing, the op comes up here asks one simple question to try to get help and what does he get?

Analyzed, Criticism, ridiculed, and still no one has answered his question.

😔😔😔😔

Last edited:

Invisible

😔😔😔😔
Because this was Eats, there are no options. He got out of his car to fight. I’ve done more than 6k deliveries between my food apps. Not once did I get in a brawl with anyone. I even had one customer who used the f bomb, screaming in my face while waving his hands in the air. I didn’t react.

Sometimes we can’t offer advice; this is one of those times. Except I will say OP, look at doing other food apps, GH, PM or DD.

R3drang3r

Because this was Eats, there are no options. He got out of his car to fight. I’ve done more than 6k deliveries between my food apps. Not once did I get in a brawl with anyone. I even had one customer who used the f bomb, screaming in my face while waving his hands in the air. I didn’t react.

Sometimes we can’t offer advice; this is one of those times. Except I will say OP, look at doing other food apps, GH, PM or DD.
And you still have not answered his question.
😅😅😅😅😅

BigJohn

How do you delete a post or even edit it for that matter?
7-19-2019 10-16-15 AM.jpg

Amazing, the op comes up here asks one simple question to try to get help and what does he get?
That is because things that he has said do not add up.