Uber Drivers Forum banner

Customer assault

UberEats 
3K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  Alltel77 
#1 ·
Tonight A customer assaulted me while I was parallel parked so I had no choice but to get out and defend my self. After reporting it to Uber it only took 45 minutes for them to put my account on hold. I’m furious because this is my only income at the time. I was also trying to avoid getting the police involved but it seems that’s my only option to make sure I don’t get permanently deactivated. Has anyone dealt with something like this and how long did it take to get cleared up?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Tonight A customer assaulted me while I was parallel parked so I had no choice but to get out and defend my self. After reporting it to Uber it only took 45 minutes for them to put my account on hold. I'm furious because this is my only income at the time. I was also trying to avoid getting the police involved but it seems that's my only option to make sure I don't get permanently deactivated. Has anyone dealt with something like this and how long did it take to get cleared up?
No choice but to get out and
defend yourself you say?
So the pax started a fight
then they reported it to uber
and you got deactivated?
Your bloody hand looks like
you struck something
Just sayin.. .

#3 ·
If your window is Down and you have cars in front and back are you gonna just sit there and take it? I most definitely did not and made sure I went home. Well, the emergency room because my hand is messed up. His friends came out to bring him in. He was drunk.

And I reported it. He was mad that I wouldn't deliver to door at 2am because there were no house numbers. I wasn't about to go walking up to random houses in west Seattle, I like not having bullet holes my body

#5 ·
So you are saying a customer assaulted you and YOU DIDN'T call the police? If you didn't report it to the police, then Uber is going to assume you were in wrong or hiding something. If you "defended" yourself and didn't report it to the police, then their assumption is going to be even more well founded. I am not saying their assumption is right, but they are only acting on the information available.

If the customer reported it to the police, expect them to come calling soon, probably with a warrant in hand. I hope for your sake that you have dashcam footage and witnesses that corroborate your story. If not, you will be defending yourself again, this time in court.

Anytime you are threatened or assaulted by a customer, you should report it to the police, then report to Uber. The police can access your ride info and apprehend the offender if your story is corroborated. If you don't have a dashcam or witnesses, then you are playing russian roulette and your turn just landed on the loaded cylinder. Good luck in your next endeavor.

This post has been deleted
#14 · (Edited)
Tonight A customer assaulted me while I was parallel parked so I had no choice but to get out and defend my self. After reporting it to Uber it only took 45 minutes for them to put my account on hold. I'm furious because this is my only income at the time. I was also trying to avoid getting the police involved but it seems that's my only option to make sure I don't get permanently deactivated. Has anyone dealt with something like this and how long did it take to get cleared up?
Interesting, the OP has deleted some of his posts which really now brings to question what exactly went on and what are the actual facts.
How do you delete a post or even edit it for that matter?

Has anyone dealt with something like this and how long did it take to get cleared up?
Amazing, the op comes up here asks one simple question to try to get help and what does he get?

Analyzed, Criticism, ridiculed, and still no one has answered his question.

????

#22 ·
N
Never volunteer information, why did you report it to Uber instead of the cops.

#28 ·
By law, assault is a crime and it should be reported to police as soon as it happened or later time.
This was not considered as a street fight since you were working under name of rideshare business. You need to report to police.
Reporting to Uber is a difference matter. You are reporting about the passenger manner so passenger could be banned from Uber platform. After police involved, you will be on News and Uber has no choice but to ban this PAX.

#35 ·
... you should always make sure to punch with the knuckles of the first and second fingers. Punching instead with the knuckles of the 3rd and 4th finger often results in a broken hand.
I will file this under "Advice That I Never Expected to Receive on an Uber Drivers' Forum."

#36 ·
who reported it? you or the customer?

#40 ·
ALWAYS ***** SLAP PASSENGERS OPEN HANDED.

#42 ·
Just an update. Uber told me to call this one specific guy in their “incident response team” or whatever it’s called and that this matter can’t be settled until I speak with him. Unfortunately every time I call this guy it goes straight to his voicemail, I have called him at least once a day since this happened. He recently sent me an email saying that my account is now suspended until I can speak with him. Soooooo basically they are deactivating me without actually saying so. Passive aggressive punishment because they know I did nothing wrong in defending my self. Gotta love it. For now I’m moving on until one day this guy might actually pick up the phone.

#46 ·
Just an update. Uber told me to call this one specific guy in their "incident response team" or whatever it's called and that this matter can't be settled until I speak with him. Unfortunately every time I call this guy it goes straight to his voicemail, I have called him at least once a day since this happened. He recently sent me an email saying that my account is now suspended until I can speak with him. Soooooo basically they are deactivating me without actually saying so. Passive aggressive punishment because they know I did nothing wrong in defending my self. Gotta love it. For now I'm moving on until one day this guy might actually pick up the phone.
How's the hand? Nothing broken I hope

#48 · (Edited)
This is too vague. I would have called the cops immediately, driven away from the situation, pressed charges , and sued the customer.

If your window is Down and you have cars in front and back are you gonna just sit there and take it? I most definitely did not and made sure I went home. Well, the emergency room because my hand is messed up. His friends came out to bring him in. He was drunk.

And I reported it. He was mad that I wouldn't deliver to door at 2am because there were no house numbers. I wasn't about to go walking up to random houses in west Seattle, I like not having bullet holes my body
I believe in self defense and I wouldn't sit there taking a beat down if I had no way out but I would def be calling the cops not Uber after the fact. If you are reactivated, just cancel the order after pick up if you don't feel safe in the area , you can always use that very sparingly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.