Current Mileage Rates

Julescase2

Is that 91 cents prior to Uber’s 25% cut? You are prob really making 68.25 cents per mile after cut.

Where did you get the 25% Uber cut figure? That was the case years ago, but now it’s based on random calculations drivers cannot predict with 100% certainty.

SinTaxERROR

Where did you get the 25% Uber cut figure? That was the case years ago, but now it’s based on random calculations drivers cannot predict with 100% certainty.
You are referring to the difference between the rate a pax pays and what the driver is paid, I am not referring to that.

I am specifically referring to the gross time and mileage a driver is paid minus the 25% to get the net driver pay.

Uber used to show gross pay. Now they only show net.

For example, If your market mileage gross pay is 90 cents a mile, the net is 67.5 cents (after 25% cut).

If you login to the Uber partners web site and click on fares to pull up your rate card, a pop up appears explaining this, that they show only net payment on time and mileage, not gross like they used to.

This was changed a while back.

CJfrom619

yikes, well im glad my area pays 91 cents a mile, i honestly dont see how it could be worth it making only 60 cents, if they ever drop it i dont think ill keep ubering, i already feel like i barely make anything with that!
How much per minute though..normally areas with high mile rates have lower per minute rates. In my market I get .69/mile but .24/minute.

PCUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's 60c per mile, PLUS 12.75c per minute.

Not that it's a lot of money. But just calling it 60c per isn't entirely accurate.
It's 60c per mile, PLUS 12.75c per minute.

Not that it's a lot of money. But just calling it 60c per isn't entirely accurate.
How much per minute though..normally areas with high mile rates have lower per minute rates. In my market I get .69/mile but .24/minute.
I’m 91 cents a mile and 11.9 cents a minute. If it ever drops below the 91 cents i don’t think I’ll keep doing it that’s really working for pennies!

tohunt4me

Hey everyone, Im fairly new to the Uber game, only about two weeks in now, and have noticed most people saying theyre making around 60c a mile. My market in Panama City, FL shows me as making 91c a mile, but Im questioning that now since nearly everyone on here is making it seem like 60c is the norm. Is there something Im not figuring in to my rate? Something I should be deducting from that 91c to get the real amount?
Ride Rates ?
" Pitiful. Just Pitifil "- Jeb Clampett

Attachments

CJfrom619

I’m 91 cents a mile and 11.9 cents a minute. If it ever drops below the 91 cents i don’t think I’ll keep doing it that’s really working for pennies!
Just like I said you get paid alot more per mile but half of the per minute rate so even though your mile rates are way better we get paid similar on alot of rides.

For example- a 30 minute 20 mile ride will pay almost the same with those rates=

.91/mile x 20 miles= $18.20
.12/minute x 30 minutes= $3.60
Ride would pay= $21.80

.69/mile x 20 miles= $13.80
.24/minute x 30 minutes= $7.20
Ride would pay= $21.00

91 cents a mile sounds good but you get paid basically similar rates.

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
San Bernardino County, California: $0.808 per Mile. $0.12 per Minute.

I'm in at 20%, so newer drivers get 5% less. My area offers no incentives or bonuses. Surges are essentially extinct.

It varies by market a large market like here in Atlanta is generally $.63/mile where as a very small market like one city in Montana has a rate of $1.75/ mile. Population and demand can have a big impact on fare rates

Vindoo

I'm right on the line of Central and Southeast Florida. My trips here are slow but 91 cents, most of my trips come across the county line in Stuart and they are 61 cents. Its certainly noticeable.

soundude

Honestly I’m not sure I’m so new I’m still figuring it all out. Picked it up as a hobby/side gig for a little extra cash. This is what a receipt shows me, it looks like the 91c is after the 25% they take? I could be wrong though.
I hate you. 52¢ a mile in Raleigh. 30¢ a mile for Lyft (is that still on my phone?)

kcchiefsfan1982

The Aaa is wrong, at least in my case they are wrong

I paid $25000 for my car. And I have driven it 150000 miles so 17 cents a mile. At todays prices gas costs me 12 cents a mile and maintenance has been no more than 5 cents a mile. Insurance is another 5 cents. So grand total has been 39 cents a mile. So pretty much what AAA says

However using the above numbers I’ve now paid for the car so from this day foreword my costs will be 22 cents

The Aaa and IRS; actually anyone that makes statements about the cost of owning a car makes certain assumptions regarding their depreciation schedule No number you present can be used by every driver..... there are just too many variables
Yes, very many variables. I got lucky, found a 2016 Ford Fiesta (manual transmission) for $8,500 with only 22,000 miles on it! My car is not going to depriciate anywhere close to the typical cars out there driving for Uber! I also get 37 miles/gallon! And I get .87/mile in my city! I also live near major highway/close to airport in my city, so I can do much of my ubering from my house!

Seriously, I have the perfect scenerio...I got lucky in many ways.

A typical night for me is playing xbox until I get the uber call. Not much downtime just waiting in my vehicle in a place other than my house.

Dave Bust

there are also seasonal rates in my market,,,during the summer uber x pays $1.23 per mile and 45 cents per minute,,,sadly its only from memorial day to labor day

25rides7daysaweek

The service fee Uber charges is calculated by the 25% deduction.

@ariel5466 the app shows you the amount for time and mileage after the 25%.

If you look at your area rate card on the web, the rate you are paid gross will show about 25% more then what shows in the app which is net payment.

The service fee you see in a trip is deducted from the gross not net.
Post automatically merged:

Uber started showing net rates instead of gross rates in the app a while back in order to prevent confusion in calculations.

I would be surprised if it is different in your market. And unless they changed something recently I stand by my answer.
It used to be like that before the upfront pricing was introduced about a year ago
Unless your market is diff than everyone else

GigEcoCritic

Please screenshot and copy paste your uber driver rates ...and location thanks.
I am not a driver. With that said can you please provide thanks.

It used to be like that before the upfront pricing was introduced about a year ago
So no actual rare card is provided by uber?

No. You can find out your region through Uber.
Does uber actually provide a rate card? Like Lyft do. I am not a driver for either.

I'm right on the line of Central and Southeast Florida. My trips here are slow but 91 cents, most of my trips come across the county line in Stuart and they are 61 cents. Its certainly noticeable.
Please screenshot you full rate card and post. Thanks

So uber does not provide rate card?

Does uber provide rate card like Lyft. If so please provide provide screenshot and location. Thanks

Last edited:

25rides7daysaweek

I am not a driver. With that said can you please provide thanks.

So no actual rare card is provided by uber?

Does uber actually provide a rate card? Like Lyft do. I am not a driver for either.

Please screenshot you full rate card and post. Thanks

So uber does not provide rate card?

Does uber provide rate card like Lyft. If so please provide provide screenshot and location. Thanks
You can get driver rate cards at the lyft/uber sites. There is no such thing as a pac rate card no. They just give them a price and if they say yes that's how much it is...