Current Mileage Rates

WinterFlower

Correct!
Let's say I drive a rider from point A to Point B on Monday and the rider pays $20 and I get $12.
Now I make the same trip on Tuesday, but there is an event going on at point B. This time the rider pays $30. I still get $12.
This happens all the time in South Florida. Uber has stated that there is no relationship between what the rider pays and what the driver is paid.
And the one paying $30 will be really pissed off, so no tip for you. Thanks again, Dara. We love you too

reg barclay

Hey everyone, Im fairly new to the Uber game, only about two weeks in now, and have noticed most people saying theyre making around 60c a mile. My market in Panama City, FL shows me as making 91c a mile, but Im questioning that now since nearly everyone on here is making it seem like 60c is the norm. Is there something Im not figuring in to my rate? Something I should be deducting from that 91c to get the real amount?
Login at https://partners.uber.com. Click on three lines at top left. Select 'fares' from drop down menu. That will show you the bottom line, how much you get paid per mile/minute after Uber's cut.

Jlynn

Yes - thanks for posting OP, much appreciated. As I am learning, people will be along soon enough to tell you how wrong you are for coming to the conclusions you came to and then others will jump on the bandwagon for kicks. :|

I will crack Lyft hacks

Honestly I’m not sure I’m so new I’m still figuring it all out. Picked it up as a hobby/side gig for a little extra cash. This is what a receipt shows me, it looks like the 91c is after the 25% they take? I could be wrong though.
Congrats! If you are sure that is after the cut to uber. Maybe check with them. I do Lyft so I don’t know the Uber driver pay screen. That’s freakin good if right. Nice. In SF most expensive city we are at .68c/mile. What is you minute pay. Mine is .28 c. Yours should be maybe .10 c. That’s fine, your good. But lots of money to put aside as expense for car. So don’t forget your final pay is after you count future car expense, and loss of value. Try to hit 20$ per hour before expenses. That’s good.
Drive safe.

Who is John Galt?

Honestly I’m not sure I’m so new I’m still figuring it all out. Picked it up as a hobby/side gig for a little extra cash. This is what a receipt shows me, it looks like the 91c is after the 25% they take? I could be wrong though.

PCUber, please understand that all this talk about rates per mile and minute, and how much commission Über takes, is totally needless and superfluous to the main game.

You will notice on the screenshot you provided, that your trip earnt you 1 point. THAT is what this gig is all about - points!

When you grasp the gravitas of that concept, you will be the road to true enlightenment AND perhaps even the attainment of nirvana with a full suite of the coveted Über badges.

Good luck.

Ylinks

91 cents a mile is good but 11 cents a minute is awful. They always seem to make it up on one end or the other.
I’ll be happy to trade my extra 2 cents a minute for your extra 29 cents a mile. We get $0.62/mile $0.13/min in South Florida.

oldfart

Why do we even do this?
AAA says it costs us between 40-75 cents to even drive our cars!
The Aaa is wrong, at least in my case they are wrong

I paid $25000 for my car. And I have driven it 150000 miles so 17 cents a mile. At todays prices gas costs me 12 cents a mile and maintenance has been no more than 5 cents a mile. Insurance is another 5 cents. So grand total has been 39 cents a mile. So pretty much what AAA says

However using the above numbers I’ve now paid for the car so from this day foreword my costs will be 22 cents

The Aaa and IRS; actually anyone that makes statements about the cost of owning a car makes certain assumptions regarding their depreciation schedule No number you present can be used by every driver..... there are just too many variables

Jlynn

Your U/L rate depend on the region you are driving in. All you have to do is look at your rate card for that area.

Ylinks

If you look at your area rate card on the web, the rate you are paid gross will show about 25% more then what shows in the app which is net payment.
They are both the same in the Miami Zone. Maybe it's different in other zones or perhaps your rate schedule is grandfathered in if you began driving more than 2 years ago.

PCUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yikes, well im glad my area pays 91 cents a mile, i honestly dont see how it could be worth it making only 60 cents, if they ever drop it i dont think ill keep ubering, i already feel like i barely make anything with that!

gooddolphins

.98 cents mile and .13 time in Pensacola. I’m a 20%er and been doing Uber 4 years. I can’t actually believe other drivers drive for lower
milage.