Current Mileage Rates

PCUber

Hey everyone, Im fairly new to the Uber game, only about two weeks in now, and have noticed most people saying theyre making around 60c a mile. My market in Panama City, FL shows me as making 91c a mile, but Im questioning that now since nearly everyone on here is making it seem like 60c is the norm. Is there something Im not figuring in to my rate? Something I should be deducting from that 91c to get the real amount?

Jlynn

You need to be figuring in maintenance costs, gas, mileage while running empty and all other costs associated with doing this business including your time.

ariel5466

Rates vary by market. I've seen members post about per mile rates anywhere from 41¢ to $1.11. Your rate is your rate and will contribute to your gross pay, but you need to figure out how much your car actually costs to operate. And track every business expense, especially mileage.

SinTaxERROR

Hey everyone, Im fairly new to the Uber game, only about two weeks in now, and have noticed most people saying theyre making around 60c a mile. My market in Panama City, FL shows me as making 91c a mile, but Im questioning that now since nearly everyone on here is making it seem like 60c is the norm. Is there something Im not figuring in to my rate? Something I should be deducting from that 91c to get the real amount?
Is that 91 cents prior to Uber’s 25% cut? You are prob really making 68.25 cents per mile after cut.

SinTaxERROR

Uber doesn't operate on percentages anymore. You just get paid by time and mileage. @PCUber, yes, you make 91¢/mile, a lot more than most of us. Enjoy!
Uber takes 25% of the gross mileage and time, unless any 20%’ers are still around. Look at your rate card, and then at what they pay on one of your trips.

This has nothing to do with what pax pays. I’m talking strictly mileage and time to the driver.

Matt Uterak

Rates vary by market. I've seen members post about per mile rates anywhere from 41¢ to $1.11. Your rate is your rate and will contribute to your gross pay, but you need to figure out how much your car actually costs to operate. And track every business expense, especially mileage.
Highest mileage rate I am aware of is in Western Montana. I saw a rate card screenshot showing. $1.31 per mile.

ariel5466

Uber takes 25% of the gross mileage and time, unless any 20%’ers are still around. Look at your rate card, and then at what they pay on one of your trips.

This has nothing to do with what pax pays. I’m talking strictly mileage and time to the driver.
I don't think so. Our rate here in Richmond is 64¢/mile, 12.5¢/minute +75¢ base and that's what I get paid, gross.

OCUberGuy

Honestly I’m not sure I’m so new I’m still figuring it all out. Picked it up as a hobby/side gig for a little extra cash. This is what a receipt shows me, it looks like the 91c is after the 25% they take? I could be wrong though.
No, you’re area pays $.91, enjoy while it lasts and work it. Probably a lack of drivers.

Ylinks

Uber doesn't operate on percentages anymore. You just get paid by time and mileage.
Correct!
Let's say I drive a rider from point A to Point B on Monday and the rider pays $20 and I get $12.
Now I make the same trip on Tuesday, but there is an event going on at point B. This time the rider pays $30. I still get $12.
This happens all the time in South Florida. Uber has stated that there is no relationship between what the rider pays and what the driver is paid.

SinTaxERROR

The service fee Uber charges is calculated by the 25% deduction.

@ariel5466 the app shows you the amount for time and mileage after the 25%.

If you look at your area rate card on the web, the rate you are paid gross will show about 25% more then what shows in the app which is net payment.

The service fee you see in a trip is deducted from the gross not net.
Post automatically merged:

Uber started showing net rates instead of gross rates in the app a while back in order to prevent confusion in calculations.

I would be surprised if it is different in your market. And unless they changed something recently I stand by my answer.

Last edited:

ariel5466

The service fee Uber charges is calculated by the 25% deduction.

@ariel5466 the app shows you the amount for time and mileage after the 25%.

If you look at your area rate card on the web, the rate you are paid gross will show about 25% more then what shows in the app which is net payment.

The service fee you see in a trip is deducted from the gross not net.
Post automatically merged:

Uber started showing net rates instead of gross rates in the app a while back in order to prevent confusion in calculations.

I would be surprised if it is different in your market. And unless they changed something recently I stand by my answer.
Thanks for the info, I was unaware it showed different rates out of the app.

CJfrom619

91 cents a mile is good but 11 cents a minute is awful. They always seem to make it up on one end or the other.