Current GPS Woops-es

CMHUL

I searched and didn't find anything like this. I thought we might have a thread for locations which are blocked more than one whole day for whatever reason not known to the nav systems. Here are three current examples:

1. 17th Ave at the fairgrounds, closed for October. Google Maps keeps telling me to use 17th to get to I-71 from points west, or to use 17th to pick up QHC event riders. Had a QHC rider at the Mc D tell me I was their second choice after the previous car went from 1 minute away to 7 minutes away. She thought it was a glitch. I asked her if she saw from which direction that car was coming and she said from the west. I explained about the closure.

2. Joyce southbound from Hudson, closed for construction. Maps keeps trying to get me to take the temporarily illegal and inaccessible turn to pick up Linden neighborhood pax.

3. Winner of the week: Maps thinks Greyhound downtown is accessible via Town from High - not possible since Columbus Commons went in.

Anybody got any others? Entries should be things that last more than one day, so no traffic crashes or jams. Just wrong-turn-prevention for CMH that the navs don't seem to be aware of.

GoHskrs

If you register an account with Waze (which is also owned by Google, but seems to be a separate product), you can edit their map on their desktop site (https://www.waze.com) if you've driven in that area recently.

GoHskrs

Once your changes have been approved by a moderator (or a higher level map editor - not quite sure how it works), it appears for everyone.

GoHskrs

For example, here's what the area around the Ohio State Fairgrounds / Expo Center looks like on Waze.

Attachments

• Waze - Ohio Expo Center.png
    Waze - Ohio Expo Center.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 46

UberHammer

Past Sponsor
OSU James Hospital front door is on 10th. Google maps tries to take you to the back door on 12th.

CMHUL

Cross-posting this from DC1377:

"I have noticed that if a rider drops a pin from somewhere like Hyde Park or anywhere else on the Cap (As opposed to actually entering the address), the GPS will route you to the middle of 670 UNDER the Cap."

TBone

If a person is near the back of the building while requesting a ride from Executive Parkway, Teleperformance or Fortis, the pickup area may be along the freeway. Same for some of the warehouses along 161 near Johnstown and Smiths Mill Rd.
I believe it occurs when a person is closer to the freeway than the street.
Another observation I have noticed is to drop Greyhound passengers off at the 4th st entrance. Every time I use Town St the cabbies always curse and yell at the driver and passenger.

Mikedamirault

If a person is near the back of the building while requesting a ride from Executive Parkway, Teleperformance or Fortis, the pickup area may be along the freeway. Same for some of the warehouses along 161 near Johnstown and Smiths Mill Rd.
I believe it occurs when a person is closer to the freeway than the street.
Another observation I have noticed is to drop Greyhound passengers off at the 4th st entrance. Every time I use Town St the cabbies always curse and yell at the driver and passenger.
I had that happen to me when I had to drop a pax off at Swift Trucking, it told me to drop him off on I-270 NB just north of broad, pax wasn't happy at all, even after I found the actual directions and dropped him off successfully