• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Curious what the masses would do

Jprime

I was in san bernardino last night for that rave. Earlier that day a group of passengers had exited my car in the middle of the street because traffic was horrendous, we were probably .25 miles from the uber drop zone. Well a police officer saw this and approached me and he said if he saw me do that again i would be deactivated. Well after the event during a 5.5 surge while in the drop zone i got a ride that ended up being 6 riders, my car holds a total of 6. The passengers beg and plead for me to take them and their destination is in Venice! Probably like $400 for me but i decline because all i can see is myself being deactivated or in handcuffs. Would anyone have taken this ride?

Breezze

I was in san bernardino last night for that rave. Earlier that day a group of passengers had exited my car in the middle of the street because traffic was horrendous, we were probably .25 miles from the uber drop zone. Well a police officer saw this and approached me and he said if he saw me do that again i would be deactivated. Well after the event during a 5.5 surge while in the drop zone i got a ride that ended up being 6 riders, my car holds a total of 6. The passengers beg and plead for me to take them and their destination is in Venice! Probably like $400 for me but i decline because all i can see is myself being deactivated or in handcuffs. Would anyone have taken this ride?
Wise decision. Not worth taking the risk.
Trust me, there's tons of driver who will take that ride.

Adieu

1 driver + 5 pax legally?? That's pretty unusual no?

SUV w/ 3 rows of "captain chairs" or something???

ubermonkey

you made the right choice its easy to give in to temptation but

no seatbelt available = no seat available

thats a long ride but if you get in an accident or pulled over :eek: not worth the risk imo

Adieu

Not sure figured they would have at the very least impounded my car and reported me to uber. i saw that officer like a few more times too, looking at me all sideways
Uhm NO

Order of escalation is:

1) just a warning or hassling you
2) photo fine by mail or citation thru uber if venue has contracts with em
3) actual pullover and fine in person
4) arrest
5) impound
6) misdemeanors

Jprime

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
1 driver + 5 pax legally?? That's pretty unusual no?

SUV w/ 3 rows of "captain chairs" or something???
Me plus them would be 7...front 4 captain chairs and bench in the back...3 rows of 2

Adieu

They don't. That's why I found the language you (he) used strange. He can issue a citation.
Some venues seemingly can issue citations that aren't actual police fines, and in the same way can presumably threaten to take action via terms of their contract with uber and your contract with uber, rather than charge you with something real

Such as, for example, for ho u send rules that aren't so much "legal" as "agreed upon" ---- since to hit you with a proper CVC or muni violation or something , they'd FIRST need to have you violating their agreed upon rules to the point where it would make you an illegal trespasser or something (having warned you that they won't allow you to do a certain something on their property before MAY be interpreted as you reneging on the terms of your agreement and therefore being there illegally and thereby criminalizing any action of yours simply by virtue of not being permitted to do it there and knowingly doing it anyway)

Poolepit

Tell the cop to get shot. Explain to pax they need to order a larger vehicle such as plus or XL. As others stated not worth it especially if you get in an accident.

Jprime

Tell the cop to get shot. Explain to pax they need to order a larger vehicle such as plus or XL. As others stated not worth it especially if you get in an accident.
Im glad i made that decision, i made a lot out there so it was easier to walk away from that... overhead them making a cash deal i think they ended up splitting up into separate cars, nice avatar - bobby digital classic album

Poolepit

Im glad i made that decision, i made a lot out there so it was easier to walk away from that... overhead them making a cash deal i think they ended up splitting up into separate cars, nice avatar - bobby digital classic album
You did the right thing for sure. Thanks!

Replicant 84

I would've taken them. But only on the condition that one of them was willing to either lay on the floor or hide in the trunk.

I also would've made them pay an extra $100 cash upfront considering the fact that you would be saving them the cost of another ride.

Whisena

Good decision. You never know when you are walking into a string operation as well. Those cops could be very convincing with their disguise.

TwoFiddyMile

A cop would never take the initiative to attempt to get a Uber driver deactivated.
Here's how it would go;
"Dispatch, this is 4charlie16 in Rampart, we have an Uppity UberX.
Please connect me to Uber contact center, over".
"4Charlie16, Roger that, but Uber doesn't have a phone number."
"Roger dispatch. @#$& it".

Jprime

I would've taken them. But only on the condition that one of them was willing to either lay on the floor or hide in the trunk.

I also would've made them pay an extra $100 cash upfront considering the fact that you would be saving them the cost of another ride.
It was very tempting i could definitely understand someone that would be willing to do it. They were all small people so they would have physically fit in the space but in the end no seat belts no ride. i think the fact that i was in the uber lot with that cop practically mean mugging me sealed the deal for me.

OC Lady Uber Driver

There is nothing worse than cheap pax trying to cram your vehicle to overfull. No, I would not take that ride and I'd say order another X for the extra peep and take the load I had. Tell them to cancel and order and XL and no biz for you.