CRSSD Festival Expectations/Prior Results

El rey

How was the last CRSSD festival in terms of demand/surges? Are there any designated pickup locations or is it a free for all?

Wombat7

How was the last CRSSD festival in terms of demand/surges? Are there any designated pickup locations or is it a free for all?
I don't mind taking people in. You can have them going out.

Drop-offs can vary. Sometimes across the street from the Jack on Pacific Highway, or on Ash on the north side before the light across from Claim Jumper.

squeaky_ride

What does the acronym mean? Their website doesn't say. They also don't say much about the event other than what you can/can't do/bring. They have a lineup...

Even though the timing is right, I have to assume it's not Oktoberfest or a fall festival. :rolleyes:

Pesty

Rufus Du Sol is playing.. expect a huge turnout for them.
Pickups are all around the event so pick your favorite street. Harbor drive is usually busy so pch is the better choice.,

Null

Just looked at my last CRSSD from Fall 2016. Was one of the highest grossing weeks on record. But Uber was running a good bonus and there was surge aplenty.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

UberEsq

I don't mind taking people in. You can have them going out.

Drop-offs can vary. Sometimes across the street from the Jack on Pacific Highway, or on Ash on the north side before the light across from Claim Jumper.
That's the south side, by Claim Jumper, no?

MaddMaxx

They have it twice a year. The one earlier this year (April?) Wasn't much to write home about. Was fairly steady, not much surge, and mostly short rides to and from their parked cars downtown. It has no organization that I could tell.... Drop off and PU wherever you can. I mostly dropped @ the Wyndham SD Bayside Hotel

San Diego Steve

Watch out for the ecstasy tweekers, I had a major run in last year. Nearly got me deactivated and suspended for a week.
out

MaddMaxx

Watch out for the ecstasy tweekers, I had a major run in last year. Nearly got me deactivated and suspended for a week.

out

Lol... Xstasy and tweeking are two completely different things. I've given hundreds of rides to ppl "rolling" on xstasy (Coachella, Crssd, KAABOO, Spin Nightclub, Rich's, etc) and never once a problem or issue. They are happy, can walk and talk, and are generally respectful and don't puke. I'll take "Rollers" drinking water over drunks ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

UberEsq

Lol... Xstasy and tweeking are two completely different things. I've given hundreds of rides to ppl "rolling" on xstasy (Coachella, Crssd, KAABOO, Spin Nightclub, Rich's, etc) and never once a problem or issue. They are happy, can walk and talk, and are generally respectful and don't puke. I'll take "Rollers" drinking water over drunks ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.
I was thinking the same thing. Rolling and tweaking are two TOTALLY different things. To be honest, tweakers don't even have the money to take an Uber and they're too busy dismantling their own car at 3:00a.m. to need a ride anywhere other than the 24-hour O'Reilly's.

San Diego Steve

Just a figure of speech, I don't quiz them on what they're on. Doesn't ecstasy make you hyper and that's why they take it to listen to hours of electronic music? Fill me in, I don't do ecstasy so I'm only an observer. This kid was acting like he was tweaking, on coke or crystal. But figured it was ecstasy.

Just a figure of speech, I don't quiz them on what they're on. Doesn't ecstasy make you hyper and that's why they take it to listen to hours of electronic music? Fill me in, I don't do ecstasy so I'm only an observer. This kid was acting like he was tweaking, on coke or crystal. But figured it was ecstasy.
No, it makes you "in the moment" and also horny.

San Diego Steve

Meth= tweaking
Ecstacy = rolling
Shrooms = tripping
I googled it,
Different than tweaking but similar adrenaline boost and impatient with unforeseen issues. That's what I dealt with on that passenger in my car. He was definitely rolling.

Last edited: