Crown vic for uber

Merc49

I've been using my 2010 ford crown vic for more than a year and some 3000 rides now someone tells me they are not allowed in illinois. Im looking to buy another 2011 but need to find out about this rule. My car passed two inspections by uber so whats the deal.

25rides7daysaweek

I've been using my 2010 ford crown vic for more than a year and some 3000 rides now someone tells me they are not allowed in illinois. Im looking to buy another 2011 but need to find out about this rule. My car passed two inspections by uber so whats the deal.
someone's misinformed I think. You should get a chargers a v6 if you are into old cop cars IMHO...

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Crown vics are specifically listed as being banned in some markets,

And they arbitrarily change the rules with zero warning pretty regularly.

Personally..

Those gas guzzlers are a PITA. Your operating costs will be lower with a Camry (Non hybrid is a huge improvement)

*source*
Umpteen thousand shifts in company Mercury grand Marquis (the mercury version of the crown vic)

If your absolutely dead set on that car i would inquire about a Mercury grand marquis.

swathdiver

Great car, nice and roomy! How do those motors hold up over time?
Post automatically merged:

If your absolutely dead set on that car i would inquire about a Mercury grand marquis.
No, the Marauder! :o-o:

1974toyota

if your make $$$, your car runs good, reliable,people are happy with it,your happy, who gives a flying F a runnie what any one else thinks, GL, JMO

dgates01

if your make $$$, your car runs good, reliable,people are happy with it,your happy, who gives a flying F a runnie what any one else thinks, GL, JMO
If he doesn't want feedback, he should never post in the first place.

His car gets a combined 19 miles per gallon. For rideshare. With gas prices going way up. I can guarantee you he's not making $$$.

swathdiver

If he doesn't want feedback, he should never post in the first place.

His car gets a combined 19 miles per gallon. For rideshare. With gas prices going way up. I can guarantee you he's not making $$$.
Prices are the same as last year. I get less than 19 mpg and turn a profit. My truck costs sixteen cents a mile to drive.

dgates01

Prices are the same as last year. I get less than 19 mpg and turn a profit. My truck costs sixteen cents a mile to drive.
Coming out a dollar ahead for the month is technically turning a profit. But you could be making a decent amount more.

Listen, I get ya. I had a Crown Vic about 15 years ago. It was very comfortable to drive and I had to power when I needed to pop on the highway. But it's not a vehicle I would use for rideshare. But with 3000 trips, you obviously enjoy the job. So why not bring home more pay for the work you're doing, by using a car it doesn't cost as much to operate.

swathdiver

Can you show us your math?
Well, $2.50 a gallon average divided by a 15.58 mpg average equals $0.16 or sixteen cents a mile.

Now let's look at my first ever trip. Long pickup fee. Drove 6.9 miles from my home to the pax's then took him 4.55 miles. Total, 11.54 miles which cost $1.85. Trip paid $9.64 in total. $7.79 profit.

Coming out a dollar ahead for the month is technically turning a profit. But you could be making a decent amount more.

Listen, I get ya. I had a Crown Vic about 15 years ago. It was very comfortable to drive and I had to power when I needed to pop on the highway. But it's not a vehicle I would use for rideshare. But with 3000 trips, you obviously enjoy the job. So why not bring home more pay for the work you're doing, by using a car it doesn't cost as much to operate.
I think you meant this post for someone else. In my case, my GMC is our family's vehicle, is one of the largest trucks on the road and seats seven in total comfort. It's even a 4x4 with All-Terrain tires. Since this is part-time and we love our truck, it's not going to ever be replaced for a Prius! I think those cost four cents a mile to drive in fuel. But are not even close in luxury and comfort and survivability/durability.

dgates01

Well, $2.50 a gallon average divided by a 15.58 mpg average equals $0.16 or sixteen cents a mile.

Now let's look at my first ever trip. Long pickup fee. Drove 6.9 miles from my home to the pax's then took him 4.55 miles. Total, 11.54 miles which cost $1.85. Trip paid $9.64 in total. $7.79 profit.

I think you meant this post for someone else. In my case, my GMC is our family's vehicle, is one of the largest trucks on the road and seats seven in total comfort. It's even a 4x4 with All-Terrain tires. Since this is part-time and we love our truck, it's not going to ever be replaced for a Prius! I think those cost four cents a mile to drive in fuel. But are not even close in luxury and comfort and survivability/durability.
Who said anything about a Prius? There are many more options out there in regards to bringing home more pay by spending a lot less on gas.

Merc49

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My question was how does uber let me drive a crown vic for 32000 miles and two inspections then tell me crown vics were never allowed. I saw a chevy pick up with extended cab and it had uber and lyft stickers on it in chicago.im still driving it and passengers love it. The cars are cheap to repair and outlast any jap car on the road, yes i could make more money but thats if uber would quit cutting our pay.

Roadmasta

I was using a 2007 Lincoln Town car until New year's day. Great car but the gas is the killer. Once they went to the new app I was unable to keep local with destination filter. Got a 08 Corolla now half the gas but no more cool car badges.