CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK

whyuber

My Criminal Background Check is expiring in a few days. I can't recall if Uber does it for me automatically and uploads it or I've got to organise?

Mulder99

My Criminal Background Check is expiring in a few days. I can't recall if Uber does it for me automatically and uploads it or I've got to organise?
ef yo renew

I think crim check is a once off...
No need to renew

Plus you have Taxi DAC , do you shouldn't have to renew. .check with greenhub anyway

Timothy68

Mine expired last month, went to hub, they said they do it for me automatically, so it's one off.

Who is John Galt?

ef yo renew

I think crim check is a once off...
No need to renew

Plus you have Taxi DAC , do you shouldn't have to renew. .check with greenhub anyway

I don't know about other States, but in SA, it has a three year cycle. I would not be inclined to leave it to Über to organise. From experience, you are just as likely to have been handed a bunch of muppet platitudes and feel good banality statements, only to open your app one morning and find that you can't go online. Then you will have a ~ 10 day waiting period whilst either you or a muppet organises the check / clearance.

In SA, this 3 year cycle is the same for a taxi license as ridesharing DA. (as it should be)
I have found it is better to be pre-emptive about these documentation / regulation requirements. :smiles:
I am actually surprised that this check is not annual.

Mulder99

I don't know about other States, but in SA, it has a three year cycle. I would not be inclined to leave it to Über to organise. From experience, you are just as likely to have been handed a bunch of muppet platitudes and feel good banality statements, only to open your app one morning and find that you can't go online. Then you will have a ~ 10 day waiting period whilst either you or a muppet organises the check / clearance.

In SA, this 3 year cycle is the same for a taxi license as ridesharing DA. (as it should be)
I have found it is better to be pre-emptive about these documentation / regulation requirements. :smiles:
I am actually surprised that this check is not annual.

NSW is different

I have a taxi dac of 7 years and crim check only done once.

No need for renewral...

Who is John Galt?

NSW is different

I have a taxi dac of 7 years and crim check only done once.

No need for renewral...

Thanks Mulds The difference between states is interesting isn't it?
Here in SA we can't use a car (for Übering) if it is older than 8 years (not 10).

So, if I was cynical :frown: I might say that the SA government needs every additional dollar it can get to help pay for its eveready battery foray.
(just another SA disaster in the pipeline) :eek:

Last edited:

fields

So, if I was cynical :frown: I might say that the SA government needs every additional dollar it can get to help pay for its eveready battery foray.
(just another SA disaster in the pipeline) :eek:

I think this is going to be very entertaining, the 100 days are up by October 15. How are Elon and his admirer Weatherill going to weasel their way out of this?

Who is John Galt?

Nahh, if you were cynical you would be saying WAY more than that. :biggrin:

:p What do you mean? :p

10,000 characters is a bit limiting, I admit. :biggrin:
I think I might approach admin to see if we can raise it to 10,000 words.
But then, if every picture is worth a thousand words....

fields

I think this is going to be very entertaining, the 100 days are up by October 15. How are Elon and his admirer Weatherill going to weasel their way out of this?

Tesla chief executive Elon Musk, currently visiting South Australia for a space conference, vowed to install it within 100 days of signing a grid connection agreement or give it to the state for free.

“Construction at the site is already well underway,” South Australia Energy Minister Tom Koutsantonis told Reuters. “The batteries are on track to be operational by December 1.”

Time must go slowly in South Australia. Contract was signed on July 7, but apparently 100 days in SA is the equivalent of 147 days anywhere else.

The cynic in me says SA never managed to get the "100 days or its free" included in the contract.

Who is John Galt?

Tesla chief executive Elon Musk, currently visiting South Australia for a space conference, vowed to install it within 100 days of signing a grid connection agreement or give it to the state for free.

“Construction at the site is already well underway,” South Australia Energy Minister Tom Koutsantonis told Reuters. “The batteries are on track to be operational by December 1.”

Time must go slowly in South Australia. Contract was signed on July 7, but apparently 100 days in SA is the equivalent of 147 days anywhere else.

The cynic in me says SA never managed to get the "100 days or its free" included in the contract.

The cynic in me agrees wholeheartedly with the cynic in you.

This whole episode, is just the SA government's latest chapter in its operations manual of incompetence, lies, half truths, obfuscation and downright deceit. As for Tesla; well what a bunch of over hyped, over valued and over glamourous crap that company is. Talk about trying to make strawberry jam out of horse sheeit. Which puts them on a par with our partners at Über.

The SA government, Über and Tesla are like the holy trinity of a divine emperor who has no clothes. Talk about deserving of each other. If Joseph Goebbels were alive today he would be absolutely beside himself with pride at how well these three have taken up and brought life to his immortal words:

"A lie told once remains a lie, but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth."

prk

This whole episode, is just the SA government's latest chapter in its operations manual of incompetence, lies, half truths, obfuscation and downright deceit. As for Tesla; well what a bunch of over hyped, over valued and over glamourous crap that company is. Talk about trying to make strawberry jam out of horse sheeit. Which puts them on a par with our partners at Über.

Now, that's more like it WIJG:wink:

huxtee

The cynic in me agrees wholeheartedly with the cynic in you.

The SA government, Über and Tesla are like the holy trinity of a divine emperor who has no clothes. Talk about deserving of each other. If Joseph Goebbels were alive today he would be absolutely beside himself with pride at how well these three have taken up and brought life to his immortal words:

"A lie told once remains a lie, but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth."

teslamotors On schedule to complete the largest lithium-ion battery system in the world in December
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZntJ7thHvq/

Atleast the SA gov is trying to do something, unlike our federal government. On shore wind power is already cheaper than coal, just has intermittence problem. Gas peaking plants would make more sense to fill the demand gaps, but the Eastern coast gas producing states sells natural gas to Asia at $3/Gj and to Australians at $15/Gj. Leaving batteries and pumped hydro the only alternatives. Unless we join Tony Abbott and build more coal plants and destroy the economy and plant.

prk

Atleast the SA gov is trying to do something, unlike our federal government. On shore wind power is already cheaper than coal, just has intermittence problem. Gas peaking plants would make more sense to fill the demand gaps, but the Eastern coast gas producing states sells natural gas to Asia at $3/Gj and to Australians at $15/Gj. Leaving batteries and pumped hydro the only alternatives. Unless we join Tony Abbott and build more coal plants and destroy the economy and plant.

the high cost of energy is already ruining our economy. small businesses are closing down all over the place, add to that the plans of china and India to build hundreds MORE coal fired plants , and the tiny bit we are doing in Australia has absolutely no effect at all.
This battery is (apparently) big enough to provide 1 hours power to 3000 homes. whoopee.

huxtee

the high cost of energy is already ruining our economy. small businesses are closing down all over the place, add to that the plans of china and India to build hundreds MORE coal fired plants , and the tiny bit we are doing in Australia has absolutely no effect at all.
This battery is (apparently) big enough to provide 1 hours power to 3000 homes. whoopee.

What's the solution?

Most renewables are already cheaper than coal.

And as energy storage gets cheaper it won't have it dispatchability problem.

Why would a private company want to invest in building a new or refurbishing an old coal plant when renewables+storage will become cheaper in the near future?

Renewables are here to stay and will bring down energy cost in the long term. If we want a short term fix to electricity prices, just ask Santos to sell gas to Australians at the same price it exports it to Asia. Also tell the privatised electricity distributers and retailers to stop ripping of customers or be re-nationlised.

Last edited: